User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet View Post
    That's interesting because you didn't express the same sentiment toward the police officers in the other thread. They were immediately deemed racists.
    What are you referring to? Link me or quote me please.

That won't do much for apprehending suspects.
    That's of secondary importance to immediately stopping the violence.
    What do you think they should do?

Even so, when police in riot gear fired tear gas in St. Louis, they were highly criticized and accused of being over-militarized.
    That's because they fired on peaceful protestors and then arrested community leaders and journalists.

How does one determine while they are being beaten that the threat level is severe enough to cause bodily harm or death, thus warranting the use of a firearm?
    If you have a gun out you're not going to get beaten.

I guarantee you if someone (who is white) had shot one of these thugs, there would be an outrage over an unarmed black teenager being murdered in cold blood.
    I'm sure this has happened before. Can you point to an anecdote where this happened and there was such a reaction? I can't recall any outrage in a situation where a black person was killed by a citizen during the commissioning of a violent crime. I could be wrong.

Don't worry there's still plenty of political incorrectness in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    What are you referring to? Link me or quote me please.
    My mistake. I mistook your views for those of Lateralus, Deceptive and Magic P.

That's of secondary importance to immediately stopping the violence.
    What do you think they should do?
    I don't know what police protocol entails, but I have no qualms with officers entering violent situations with firearms drawn and ordering suspects to the ground. If a suspect attacks an officer, I think deadly force is justified.

That's because they fired on peaceful protestors and then arrested community leaders and journalists.
    Peaceful protesters? What part of shooting at officers, throwing rocks and molotov cocktails, looting business establishments and setting a gas station ablaze indicates a peaceful protest?

If you have a gun out you're not going to get beaten.
    That depends on a lot of factors. But this is why officers often use their firearm as a first defense against attackers.

I'm sure this has happened before. Can you point to an anecdote where this happened and there was such a reaction? I can't recall any outrage in a situation where a black person was killed by a citizen during the commissioning of a violent crime. I could be wrong.
    I don't believe that police officers should be required to put their lives in more danger than your average citizen in these types of situations. There was an outrage over an officer who used his firearm on a suspect who was allegedly beating him moments after the suspect committed strong armed robbery. Though his parents claim that Michael Brown was a "peaceful" and "humble" child, his actions proved otherwise. I suppose it's possible this cop who had no disciplinary actions on his record decided he was going to finally take all of his racist homicidal tendencies out on an innocent child who happened to be walking in the middle of the street, minding his own business. Then the peaceful child harmlessly put his hands in the air, crying, "Hands up, don't shoot" to which the evil cop responded by firing several rounds into his body; although strangely not bothering to shoot any of his friends who witnessed the cold-blooded murder. Then Officer Wilson resolved to beat his own face with some object as a means to cover up his heinous crime. It's possible, but not probable.

MBTI
    yupp

it's not racially motivated, there were actually two victims, one black one white. they should be punished but not race, just bored teens with no manners.

Witness reacts to violent attack at Kroger | WREG.com

MEMPHIS, Tenn. – Three people, two of them teens, are recovering at home after being brutally attacked by a mob of teenagers in a busy shopping plaza at Poplar and Highland.
    “They were playing a game called ‘point them out, knock them out.’ Where they would point someone out and attempt to knock them out or fight them. There was no real reason behind it.

The shaky witness video is gaining shares on social media by the minute with angry comments questioning if this is a racially charged hate crime.

In this clip you see several black teenagers beating one white teen.

But the witness says this clip is just a tiny snapshot of what happened in the entire parking lot. He states, blacks, whites, girls and boys were all part of the vicious pack.

“Were all of the victims white?” asked WREG’s Elise Preston.

“No, they were black and white. Will is white, Brian is black. and then my other friend, Brandon, he`s black as well,” replied the witness.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    it's not racially motivated, there were actually two victims, one black one white. they should be punished but not race, just bored teens with no manners

source: I grew up there and my brother's friend works at that kroger's and its been all over my facebook feed the last 2 days
    From what I've read, there were three victims and at least one of the black security guards was attacked after he tried to help the first white victim. Nonetheless, I think we've determined that anytime an act of violence is committed by a member of a particular race against a member of another race, the obvious motive is racism.

MBTI
    yupp

From what I've read, there were three victims and at least one of the black security guards was attacked after he tried to help the first white victim. Nonetheless, I think we've determined that anytime an act of violence is committed by a member of a particular race against a member of another race, the obvious motive is racism.
    no it's not i edited my post. because the mob include teens of all races 2 of the victims were black 1 was white.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    no it's not i edited my post. because the mob include teens of all races 2 of the victims were black 1 was white.
    There was a hint of sarcasm in that.

MBTI
    yupp

There was a hint of sarcasm in that.
    oh ok, my bad.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

I don't know what police protocol entails, but I have no qualms with officers entering violent situations with firearms drawn and ordering suspects to the ground. If a suspect attacks an officer, I think deadly force is justified.
    Please don't become a cop. You don't have your priorities straight.

Peaceful protesters? What part of shooting at officers, throwing rocks and molotov cocktails, looting business establishments and setting a gas station ablaze indicates a peaceful protest?
    You clearly were not paying attention to what happened over the course of a week or so. I imagine you just heard looting and Molotov cocktails and stopped paying attention after that.

I believe it was the first Thursday Night of the protests where the Police opened fire without ANY provocation and without a curfew order in place. They tear-gassed journalists and peaceful protestors and then arrested them. There were other smaller instances, but that was the big one.

They're actually still peacefully protesting. I believe they plan on shutting down a highway on Wednesday.

I don't believe that police officers should be required to put their lives in more danger than your average citizen in these types of situations.
    Their job is to protect and serve not take revenge.

There was an outrage over an officer who used his firearm on a suspect who was [b]allegedly beating him
    The important fact is that he wasn't beating him when he shot and multiple witnesses claim he had his hands in the air when he was fatally shot.

after the suspect committed strong arm robbery
    The officer didn't know that.

I suppose it's possible this cop who had no disciplinary actions on his record decided he was going to finally take all of his racist homicidal tendencies out on an innocent child who happened to be walking in the middle of the street, minding his own business. Then the peaceful child harmlessly put his hands in the air, crying, "Hands up, don't shoot" to which the evil cop responded by firing several rounds into his body; although strangely not bothering to shoot any of his friends who witnessed the cold-blooded murder. Then Officer Wilson resolved to beat his own face with some object as a means to cover up his heinous crime. It's possible, but not probable.
    Now you're making me regret talking to you about this as if your some sort of reasonable person.

The likely scenario is that Brown did have some sort of altercation with Wilson that angered Wilson possibly because Wilson's life was endangered. Brown then started to run away and in a fury Wilson started shooting and didn't stop until Brown was dead on the ground. The anger of Wilson would be understandable and that's why we have voluntary manslaughter.

Btw, I take it by your non-response to my request that you don't even have an anecdote to back up your claim (which shouldn't be that hard if what you say is true) and so your conjecture about unjustified racial outrage is just your conjecture and based more in bias than reality.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    I'm actually having to write a response to the Hunger Games today (you know, why it's been a success) and i'm planning on focusing on our fascination with children being victims of and/or being involved in violence against their will.
    Or perhaps its our fascination with "children" demonstrating that they are much more adult and capable than real "adults" are willing to admit. We prolong childhood artificially, and insulate children from responsibility and personal agency too long, to no one's benefit.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...