User Tag List

123 Last

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Default Jack the Ripper finally identified with DNA evidence

Jack the Ripper unmasked: How amateur sleuth used DNA breakthrough to identify Britain's most notorious criminal 126 years after string of terrible murders

They found seminal fluid on a shawl next to one of the victims and were able to recover mitochondrial DNA from it. The DNA was a 100% match with one of his relatives. Cool, I thought Patricia Cornwell's case for painter Walter Sickert was also very convincing, but DNA is DNA.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Neat.

Fascinating. I wonder if it will be considered conclusive evidence to Ripperologists.

I propose a new film starring Johnny Depp as the deranged, homicidal hairdresser. Wait...wasn't that a musical directed by Tim Burton?

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Please, no more Burton/Depp/Helena Bonham-Carter collaborations.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

Seems strange that his semen would be on the shawl, but apparently Kosminski was a habitual masturbator. Maybe he jacked off on her corpse. Why in the hell would a police officer take a bloodstained shawl and give it to his wife as a gift? And she never even washed it?

Here's a little video about Kosminski.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

But... Lewis Carroll and Prince Albert!!!? and Shakespeare translated the Bible and was really the earl of Oxford! And ...

I think this is pretty awesome. But at the same time, many people are going to be disappointed. Modern science is taking all the fun out of everyone's sails.

Technically, all it shows is that Kosminski's semen was definitively on a garment definitively identified as worn by the victim at the time of her murder. Maybe they were having a torrid love affair, or maybe he stumbled upon the murder scene after the fact and did something unmentionable. Or..... well, people will make all the excuses they can to keep the mystery alive.

I think Douglas' big concern about Kosminski was that he would have likely boasted about the murders during incarceration as paranoid schizophrenics are inclined to (?). I'll have to dig out the book. I think the lust /disorganized offender all fits. So Douglas started with Kosminski and shifted to "david Cohen" - another polish immigrant with similar background, and he might have thought they were all the same person anyway. But i think Roy Hazelwood can definitely claim a hit on this one.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Technically, all it shows is that Kosminski's semen was definitively on a garment definitively identified as worn by the victim at the time of her murder. Maybe they were having a torrid love affair...
    I was wondering the same thing, myself. Catherine Eddowes was a prostitute, after all. Being poor and unhygienic, it's possible that her garments had semen stains from various men on it. Still, this evidence is pretty compelling in that it seemingly proves the primary suspect at the time, who was identified as the killer by an eyewitness, had some sort of sexual encounter with the victim.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet View Post
    I was wondering the same thing, myself. Catherine Eddowes was a prostitute, after all. Being poor and unhygienic, it's possible that her garments had semen stains from various men on it. Still, this evidence is pretty compelling in that it seemingly proves the primary suspect at the time, who was identified as the killer by an eyewitness, had some sort of sexual encounter with the victim.
    Yeah, I was mostly joking. With her as a prositute, they could have found numerous semen samples from unidentifiable men, but instead they found one of the prime suspects, so...
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

They found seminal fluid on a shawl next to one of the victims and were able to recover mitochondrial DNA from it. The DNA was a 100% match with one of his relatives. Cool, I thought Patricia Cornwell's case for painter Walter Sickert was also very convincing, but DNA is DNA.
    I probably read the same report online as you did about Walter Sickert.

However, that's just what "the internet" wanted us to believe. But Patricia Cornhole wasted $3 million dollars on her published Jack the Ripper investigation.

As it turns out, Walter Sickert was a "brilliant hoaxster."

Sex, Lies, and Handwriting: A Top Expert Reveals the Secrets Hidden in Your ... - Michelle Dresbold - Google Books
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Modern science is taking all the fun out of everyone's sails.
    Mean Scientists Dash Hopes Of Life On Mars | The Onion - America's Finest News Source
    Masculine presenting transgender lesbian