User Tag List

First 234

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

He also looks like Don Draper from Mad Men only with less hair, but Fuzzy's right. There are millions of men who look like that. I'd have to read the book to find out what other evidence he has.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I'll be honest, I never read her book.
    So many of these ideas seem to be just passing fads and far too elaborate.

After looking at many of these crimes, much of them seem rather mundane, to be honest, and so many times it's the unglamorous suspect who is the perpetrator.
    To write a long book attempting to prove a point seems pretty elaborate to me. It's like reading about the "9/11 conspiracy" or the "JFK conspiracy."

Conspiracy theories always seem to have an Si (or even Ni) bias to them. Not that Si is necessarily a bad thing, especially when it is tempered by good old logic (Te). I'm not saying that Ms. Cornhole has presented a conspiracy theory, only that her book bears the peculiar "certainty" that accompanies an idea that someone "just knows."

"I hate this book, Esther. I don't know how the hell...All I did was look at his paintings and his life, and one thing led to another. ..."
    She didn't say a word.
    It has always been easier for me to get angry than to show fear or loss, and I was losing my life to Walter Richard Sickert. He was taking it away from me. "I want to write my novels," I said. "I don't want to write about him. There's no joy in this. None."
    "Well, you know," she said very calmly as she resumed her pace, "you don't have to do it. I can get you out of it."
    She could have gotten me out of it, but I could never have gotten myself out of it. I knew the identity of a murderer and I couldn't possibly avert my gaze. "I am suddenly in a position of judgment," I told Esther.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    We still have the DB Cooper and the Zodiac Killer mysteries although a book did come out earlier this year from a Louisiana man who claimed his father was the Zodiac Killer.

Is there a resemblance to the police sketch?

Man says he presents 'most evidence' that deceased dad was Zodiac Killer
    The author claims that one of the cryptograms Zodiac sent to a newspaper revealed the initials EV BEST JR in the code, alluding to his father Earl Van Best Jr. "The Zodiac Killer insisted to the police ... if you crack the cipher, you'll have my identity," Stewart said.

If that's true, it's a pretty wild coincidence considering the facial similarities. Supposedly, they have the Zodiac's DNA from one of the letters he sent. They should be able to compare it to Gary Stewart's DNA to see if it's a match.

I KNEW IT!

Calvin's dad was always a know-it-all and had a dark sense of humor.
    Living as a suburban dad w/ a rambunctious young son was the perfect disguise!

Tangent:
    Masculine presenting transgender lesbian

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet View Post
    The author claims that one of the cryptograms Zodiac sent to a newspaper revealed the initials EV BEST JR in the code, alluding to his father Earl Van Best Jr. "The Zodiac Killer insisted to the police ... if you crack the cipher, you'll have my identity," Stewart said.

If that's true, it's a pretty wild coincidence considering the facial similarities. Supposedly, they have the Zodiac's DNA from one of the letters he sent. They should be able to compare it to Gary Stewart's DNA to see if it's a match.
    I always thought BTK was more coherent/rational in his approach, but Dennis Rader ended up not upgrading his smarts with the tech of the time and got caught because of the imprint of his church's name in the Word file in the "clues" he was sending to the police. Which is just rather mind-boggling; he would have never gotten caught if he hadn't started taunting the police years after his crime spree. He was a huge mystery for years and it was set to go down as an "unsolved."
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    We still have the DB Cooper and the Zodiac Killer mysteries although a book did come out earlier this year from a Louisiana man who claimed his father was the Zodiac Killer.

Is there a resemblance to the police sketch?

Man says he presents 'most evidence' that deceased dad was Zodiac Killer
    Hipsters.

I always thought BTK was more coherent/rational in his approach, but Dennis Rader ended up not upgrading his smarts with the tech of the time and got caught because of the imprint of his church's name in the Word file in the "clues" he was sending to the police. Which is just rather mind-boggling; he would have never gotten caught if he hadn't started taunting the police years after his crime spree. He was a huge mystery for years and it was set to go down as an "unsolved."
    Pride goeth before the fall; though I bet a part of him wanted to get caught eventually so he could relish the notoriety. Maybe not until the end of his life. He was so matter-of-fact, emotionally detached and seemingly proud of his accomplishments as he recounted them in court. He definitely dropped the ball in not staying up to date with technology though.