User Tag List

First 4567 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Good cops who lend aid and comfort to bad cops are not really good cops.
    Depending on what kind of aid you're talking about, sure.

We are not debating, we are arguing. We are shouting past each other because you believe police corruption is not a serious problem and I do.
    Saying a small part of the population is NOT a reflection of the whole and there should be less overall cop hatred in conversations about legitimately hating bad cops out there is not the same thing as saying that minority of bad cops is not a serious problem.

I dislike bad cops. No one is excited about cops fucking up. It's a scary thing. I just dislike how easily people fill their legitimate motives with irrational hatred that isn't warranted.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Depending on what kind of aid you're talking about, sure.

Saying a small part of the population is NOT a reflection of the whole and there should be less overall cop hatred in conversations about legitimately hating bad cops out there is not the same thing as saying that minority of bad cops is not a serious problem.

I dislike bad cops. No one is excited about cops fucking up. It's a scary thing. I just dislike how easily people fill their legitimate motives with irrational hatred that isn't warranted.
    It's not a small part of the population that is abusing its power. That's what you just don't get. It's a majority. A majority isn't shooting people, but that's not the only way a police officer can abuse his or her power. Educate yourself on civil asset forfeiture.

Policing for Profit | The Institute for Justice
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

It's not a small part of the population that is abusing its power. That's what you just don't get. It's a majority. A majority isn't shooting people, but that's not the only way a police officer can abuse his or her power. Educate yourself on civil asset forfeiture.

Policing for Profit | The Institute for Justice
    Wait. Wait wait wait. So you're telling me it's perfectly legal for cops to walk in and start haulin' away some bangin' benzes and 70 inch TVs and yet all the rich people in my city aren't getting shimmied down by cops constantly??? The fuck is wrong with them? I guess that's too suspicious. Maybe they're stealing from all the middle class people, and those guys definitely have enough money to not get uppity about it all because its just stuff but not enough money to sue.... Because you know those poor people ain't got shit. So you're saying cops are secretly all super rich via stealing all those houses from people? Maybe this is some huge conspiracy and I was just a dopey outsider looking all privileged while not being cool enough to hang out with all the dudes bankin' on people. I forgot how many cops walk into people's homes and start just taking shit out of there like a moving crew. It's so common you'd think people would be in a total uproar about it, but the news just doesn't care I guess unless it's Obama coffee cup saluting.

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Wait. Wait wait wait. So you're telling me it's perfectly legal for cops to walk in and start haulin' away some bangin' benzes and 70 inch TVs and yet all the rich people in my city aren't getting shimmied down by cops constantly??? The fuck is wrong with them? I guess that's too suspicious. Maybe they're stealing from all the middle class people, and those guys definitely have enough money to not get uppity about it all because its just stuff but not enough money to sue.... Because you know those poor people ain't got shit. So you're saying cops are secretly all super rich via stealing all those houses from people? Maybe this is some huge conspiracy and I was just a dopey outsider looking all privileged while not being cool enough to hang out with all the dudes bankin' on people. I forgot how many cops walk into people's homes and start just taking shit out of there like a moving crew. It's so common you'd think people would be in a total uproar about it, but the news just doesn't care I guess unless it's Obama coffee cup saluting.
    You really didn't think this through before you posted it. The police don't pick on people with the resources to fight back. Like all abusers, they pick on people who are unlikely to fight back.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."
    Likes chickpea liked this post

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

You really didn't think this through before you posted it. The police don't pick on people with the resources to fight back. Like all abusers, they pick on people who are unlikely to fight back.
    Definitely thought of that. "Maybe they're stealing from all the middle class people, and those guys definitely have enough money to not get uppity about it all because its just stuff but not enough money to sue.... Because you know those poor people ain't got shit. "

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

You clearly prefer to wallow in ignorance.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

You clearly prefer to wallow in ignorance.
    She has a better understanding of public service than you could ever hope to have.

Are you this bitter all the time?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    She has a better understanding of public service than you could ever hope to have.

Are you this bitter all the time?
    If she does, she's doing a terrible job of demonstrating it with her dismissive attitude toward civil asset forfeiture.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

If she does, she's doing a terrible job of demonstrating it with her dismissive attitude toward civil asset forfeiture.
    Reasonable minds can disagree on things and still be reasonable.
    Likes Dannik liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Reasonable minds can disagree on things and still be reasonable.
    Sure, but that's not what she was doing. She was mocking the very idea of civil forfeiture. That's no more reasonable than mocking the theory of evolution. There is a lot of evidence supporting the existence of both.