User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    Because every last thug out there with a gun is just using a plastic toy. That reminds me, I need to get my equipment upgraded to the kind that detects and notifies me which guns are real and which ones aren't. I've been meaning to do that!
    If police officers can't tell the difference, then we are wasting our money. They're supposed to be better. If they're not, they're just another example of government waste.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

As a data point it should be noted that my city of 230k with a police force of 730 and a history of high murder rates spanning decades recently had it's first police officer death since the 70s. One is still too many, but like I said it's a data point.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    You clearly don't know the difference between hate and criticism. I understand why, though. I attacked the Blue Line and that cannot be tolerated.
    There IS a difference. Ask anyone who reads your posts on the forum, they'll say the same. You go beyond disagreeing with policy.. you straight up hate cops. There is Zero give anywhere, and it's painfully obvious.

That's your job. If you are a police officer and you're not fighting against police corruption, you're no better than the priests who turned a blind eye to pedophilia.
    Hint hint: I'm not a cop. I WAS a *military* police officer. And I didn't allow stupid shit on my watch. Even when it wasn't the popular thing to do, or even when it made me look bad to try stopping it.

I'm saying we're not debating anything here. You have strong opinions, that aren't going to change anytime soon, and i respect that, but don't guise those emotions as evidence and facts and force them on others. Ferguson is one area of America. The border is one area of America. And comparing a single area to the entire population isn't really fair at all. Comparing the corruption of a division on the entire population isn't right unless it truly extends all the way up. And based on my experience, I don't think it does. And maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think I am.

I'm saying debate, or gtfo there and change the shit yourself. You're nearly fanatical about the way you talk, and passionate, and then direct zero% of that passion towards something useful. Posting evidence on typc isn't useful... and I'm okay with useless stuff, but when my opinion is just as useless as what you're doing don't get all butthurt about it. Your tree isn't bearing fruit.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ISTx

If police officers can't tell the difference, then we are wasting our money. They're supposed to be better. If they're not, they're just another example of government waste.
    Another prime example of idealism and ignorance mixed into one.

They should be better. Why aren't we making mutant cops with computer based scanning devices that can do all of this? Fuck you, America; you're dragging ass!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    There IS a difference. Ask anyone who reads your posts on the forum, they'll say the same. You go beyond disagreeing with policy.. you straight up hate cops. There is Zero give anywhere, and it's painfully obvious.
    I don't make excuses for people who abuse their power, regardless of their position in government. I have zero tolerance for that, whether it's the police, Congress, or the President. It may not have been on this forum, but I'm pretty sure I said Obama deserves the death penalty for his drone program. He is a war criminal.

Hint hint: I'm not a cop. I WAS a *military* police officer. And I didn't allow stupid shit on my watch. Even when it wasn't the popular thing to do, or even when it made me look bad to try stopping it.

I'm saying we're not debating anything here. You have strong opinions, that aren't going to change anytime soon, and i respect that, but don't guise those emotions as evidence and facts and force them on others. Ferguson is one area of America. The border is one area of America. And comparing a single area to the entire population isn't really fair at all. Comparing the corruption of a division on the entire population isn't right unless it truly extends all the way up. And based on my experience, I don't think it does. And maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think I am.

I'm saying debate, or gtfo there and change the shit yourself. You're nearly fanatical about the way you talk, and passionate, and then direct zero% of that passion towards something useful. Posting evidence on typc isn't useful... and I'm okay with useless stuff, but when my opinion is just as useless as what you're doing don't get all butthurt about it. Your tree isn't bearing fruit.
    You're right. It's clear that I'm wasting too much time on this forum. I've spent like an entire hour on here in the last month. I should probably get a job or something.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I don't make excuses for people who abuse their power, regardless of their position in government. I have zero tolerance for that, whether it's the police, Congress, or the President. It may not have been on this forum, but I'm pretty sure I said Obama deserves the death penalty for his drone program. He is a war criminal.
    I'm not saying you make excuses.. but I am saying there ought to be a distinct differentiation between cops (was a whole) and bad cops (a small population of that whole) that these sort of replies you make lack entirely. If some cops are bad, all cops are bad. It's an irritating mentality because you cannot have a conversation with someone who doesn't even acknowledge that there is a distinct difference. It's that kind of mentality that creates offensive notions like all x race are bad because the stereotype is that they're all thieves, or gangsters, or mobsters and that's what we see all the time in the media so it must be true of all of them. So yeah, if you're going to make sweeping generalizations, you're going to get reactions from those. I don't know wheretf Obama comes in on this, that issue has nothing to do with the fact that your blatant hatred of cops makes a conversation including you about them just ridic. Thus, the replies you're getting are ridic. "Zero tolerance". ... what does that even mean? Like when does zero tolerance turn into action for you? Why are you yelling about all this stuff when it doesn't amount to much of anything except more hate and less solution creation? Or inner peace on the issue? Or just titling it 'let me vent about how shitty cops can be' and feel better after? Clearly you have quite a bit of tolerance.

You're right. It's clear that I'm wasting too much time on this forum. I've spent like an entire hour on here in the last month. I should probably get a job or something.
    The point of the sarcasm was to show you that you're not debating anything, and that there are people that clearly wanted to debate the topic.. you just have no goal here other than to vent about how much you hate police and this is one aspect of it. Which is cool, actually, whatever, I said just as much in the Police Misconduct thread.. if the idea is just to complain, everyone does that about something. Sure. But don't disguise it as a potential question for debate about it when you have other intentions for the thread's direction. Your ideas are offensive, which again I don't care you're welcome to them, and are also pointing unjustified fingers at a huge population of people out of hate and emotion, some of which are on this forum.. you're going to get responses back for that. You just are.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge
    Likes Arctic Hysteria liked this post

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Good to see nothings changed.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I'm not saying you make excuses.. but I am saying there ought to be a distinct differentiation between cops (was a whole) and bad cops (a small population of that whole) that these sort of replies you make lack entirely. If some cops are bad, all cops are bad. It's an irritating mentality because you cannot have a conversation with someone who doesn't even acknowledge that there is a distinct difference. It's that kind of mentality that creates offensive notions like all x race are bad because the stereotype is that they're all thieves, or gangsters, or mobsters and that's what we see all the time in the media so it must be true of all of them. So yeah, if you're going to make sweeping generalizations, you're going to get reactions from those. I don't know wheretf Obama comes in on this, that issue has nothing to do with the fact that your blatant hatred of cops makes a conversation including you about them just ridic. Thus, the replies you're getting are ridic. "Zero tolerance". ... what does that even mean? Like when does zero tolerance turn into action for you? Why are you yelling about all this stuff when it doesn't amount to much of anything except more hate and less solution creation? Or inner peace on the issue? Or just titling it 'let me vent about how shitty cops can be' and feel better after? Clearly you have quite a bit of tolerance.
    Good cops who lend aid and comfort to bad cops are not really good cops.

The point of the sarcasm was to show you that you're not debating anything, and that there are people that clearly wanted to debate the topic.. you just have no goal here other than to vent about how much you hate police and this is one aspect of it. Which is cool, actually, whatever, I said just as much in the Police Misconduct thread.. if the idea is just to complain, everyone does that about something. Sure. But don't disguise it as a potential question for debate about it when you have other intentions for the thread's direction. Your ideas are offensive, which again I don't care you're welcome to them, and are also pointing unjustified fingers at a huge population of people out of hate and emotion, some of which are on this forum.. you're going to get responses back for that. You just are.
    We are not debating, we are arguing. We are shouting past each other because you believe police corruption is not a serious problem and I do.

an abyss of Nothingness Arctic Hysteria's Avatar
    MBTI
    IxFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi

I don't think @kyuuei at all meant to lend aid to bad cops or to say police corruption is not a serious problem.
    | | | If it is god who makes man, this is the devil finishing touches | | |

Bad Cop:
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it