First 234

Thread: Why?

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

No, it doesn't really matter (what matters is whether he's going to be a good president or not) but just out of curiosity how are you guys so certain that he's not Muslim? What's your evidence?

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    No, it doesn't really matter (what matters is whether he's going to be a good president or not)
    It doesn't matter to me, or to most people, but to some of the *ahem* "persons of less racial tolerance", located in southern areas, it may be.

but just out of curiosity how are you guys so certain that he's not Muslim? What's your evidence?
    Well, he was a member of Mr. Wright's church for 20 years I believe. If he is Muslim, he's doing a damn good job of hiding it. Also, in googling his history for a few moments, wikipedia says that he was a director of a church organization in 1985-1988, long before he had any political jobs. Also, it turns up that he was in catholic school for three years as a child.

The only evidence of him being a Muslim is that he was registered as one in indonesia as a young child, because that's what his stepfather was registered as. However, his stepfather was apparently non-religous, and it's fairly clear that he has never been involved in any religion except christianity in his life.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by millerm277 View Post
    It doesn't matter to me, or to most people, but to some of the *ahem* "persons of less racial tolerance", located in southern areas, it may be.

Well, he was a member of Mr. Wright's church for 20 years I believe. If he is Muslim, he's doing a damn good job of hiding it. Also, in googling his history for a few moments, wikipedia says that he was a director of a church organization in 1985-1988, long before he had any political jobs. Also, it turns up that he was in catholic school for three years as a child.

The only evidence of him being a Muslim is that he was registered as one in indonesia as a young child, because that's what his stepfather was registered as. However, his stepfather was apparently non-religous, and it's fairly clear that he has never been involved in any religion except christianity in his life.
    Ahhhh. Ok.

I've been watching some viedeos of McCain's and Obama's stuff online. Ugh. My head is spinning. The last vid was one on economics. Economics is so complex and confusing. The only thing that I actually understood was "$1000 rebate."

*dives into more research*

MBTI
    ENFP

all i know is, if obama wins, my family loses because we own a small, yet highly successful business.

however, my liberal views support obama because i believe a globally popular president means better image for us, but my conservative side does question his ability to lead, his lack of a solid economic plan, and his chameleon like platforms. once he's all for public financing and then at the first sign of money WHABAM! flip-flop. anyway, while the it looks like they're in a dead heat in the polls, my socially conscious intuition tells me that he'll probably do better, especially with all that damn news coverage.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Ahhhh. Ok.

I've been watching some viedeos of McCain's and Obama's stuff online. Ugh. My head is spinning. The last vid was one on economics. Economics is so complex and confusing. The only thing that I actually understood was "$1000 rebate."

*dives into more research*
    If you understand Economics, vote McCain. If you don't, vote Obama (Better still, don't vote).

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    If you understand Economics, vote McCain. If you don't, vote Obama (Better still, don't vote).
    I determined now.
    I'm learning everything I possibly can about economics.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I determined now.
    I'm learning everything I possibly can about economics.
    Watch who you learn it from...
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Watch who you learn it from...
    Do you know about genetically altered food?

No, it doesn't really matter (what matters is whether he's going to be a good president or not) but just out of curiosity how are you guys so certain that he's not Muslim? What's your evidence?
    My thought is that he is more an atheist in hiding that was part of that church in Chicago to get votes for local/state office. No proof of that, but it's really my opinion about most politicians these days. They have to be Christian to get elected for the most part. America is not ready to have an open atheist or muslim or jew or wiccan as President. I do however feel that most aren't religious and the ones who are don't govern as such. Unless your name is Sam Brownback I guess...

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by AvereX View Post
    To take attention away from the fact that he is full of it

ouch!
    Gotta admit - he is full of it.

1. He has nothing to say but rhetoric

2. His rhetoric isn't even good.

3. Conclusion: He is uninteresting for me.

I mean, did you HEAR HIS SPEECH IN BERLIN?!?!?!?!?!?! Gahhhhhhhhh!!!!
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.