User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    The only way two armed policemen could subdue a man with a knife was by killing him? Dear America, not every shot has to be fatal. Wounding usually works as well. Or just use taser guns.
    Actually, this entirely depends on where you wound someone. If you hit a major artery they can bleed to death rather quickly.

I don't believe that anybody here thinks that shooting was the right thing to do. All I am saying is that you tend to act on instinct when seeing somebody brandish a weapon, whether you have a gun or not.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Robopop View Post
    This happened about noon central time.

St. Louis, Missouri — St. Louis police shot and killed a man Tuesday just three miles south of Ferguson. According to the police chief, the suspect brandished a knife at officers. No officers were injured and an investigation is ongoing, St. Louis police chief Sam Dotson announced on Twitter. A large group was gathering around the residential neighborhood where the shooting occurred.

Dotson has confirmed that a black male was shot and killed by two police officers.

St. Louis police were involved in crowd control in Ferguson during the first days after 18-year-old Michael Brown was shot and killed by a police officer on Aug. 9.

This is a developing story.
    A video must be worth a million words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-P5...ctr=1408592604

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    Actually, this entirely depends on where you wound someone. If you hit a major artery they can bleed to death rather quickly.
    Great caveat, man! Keep up the good work.

I don't believe that anybody here thinks that shooting was the right thing to do. All I am saying is that you tend to act on instinct when seeing somebody brandish a weapon, whether you have a gun or not.
    The purpose of practice is to train your instincts.

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    St. Louis Police Release Video Of Kajieme Powell Killing That Appears At Odds With Their Story

Finally one of my prosecutor friends admitted this was fucked up after watching it.
    Yeah, killing was obviously the only possible solution. Hell, even the official version does not justify it!

I love how they make sure he is definitely dead by each shooting several times.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by riva View Post
    ^ +1 lolz.

Cops only practice shooting the heart. I've seen it in the movies. So given the chance to shoot someone, shooting anything other than the heart must feel like breaking a police code.
    If you fire your weapon as a police officer, you are using deadly force (and hopefully justifiably). There is no shooting someone in the toe to slow them down. That nonsense is reserved for the movies. In the academy they teach shooting at center mass; the largest target with the greatest chance of incapacitating the threat.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by riva View Post
    ^ +1 lolz.

Cops only practice shooting the heart. I've seen it in the movies.

So given the chance to shoot someone, shooting anything other than the heart must feel like breaking a police code.
    As I have explained before, there is no safe way to shoot someone. If you shoot someone in the thigh there is a good chance you will sever the femoral artery, which will cause massive blood loss and quite possibly death within a few minutes. The same is true of the upper arm.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

Hmmm. Watched the video on youtube. Seemed legit. GG guy.
    Dirt Farmer

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Great caveat, man! Keep up the good work.
    Something tells me you have never touched a gun, had any kind of injury before, or even studied anatomy at a high school level.

Something tells me you have never touched a gun, had any kind of injury before, or even studied anatomy at a high school level.
    That something is your presumptuousness.

The media coverage demonizing the police in these recent events is appalling. In this instance, the perpetrator took it upon himself to approach the cops in a threatening manner with a knife. Keep in mind, the police couldn't even be certain that was the only weapon he had on his person at the time. At no point did he comply with their commands. Put yourself in the officer's shoes. It takes a split second for someone to lunge forward at that distance and inflict lethal harm with a knife, and he's displaying irrational, suicidal behavior in addition to being aggressive. He probably just wanted to be a "martyr for the cause."

I have no pity for these assholes. Michael Brown was a bully who had no respect for other people, leisurely stole property and pushed around a store clerk who was actually working for a living instead of being a thug. The protestors immediately determined the officer was guilty of wrongdoing without having all of the facts. They assassinated his character based on the fact that he was a white cop and the dead "victim" was black, then had the audacity to call it character assassination when footage was released showing Michael Brown's true character as he shoplifted and pushed a clerk around moments earlier. And this kid is being called a gentle giant. How can they even say that with a straight face? How 'bout gathering all the facts before rioting on nothing more than racial motivations. If the officer did sustain a swollen face in an altercation, maybe Michael Brown wasn't as compliant as his friends are claiming. What we know about Darren Wilson is that he's been on the police force for six years and has no disciplinary actions on his record. What we know about Michael Brown is that he was a hostile delinquent who had no regard for the law or other people. Put race aside and look at the facts.