First 123

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345
    Here's your Professor pamphlet.
    Thank you. I remember this document because it rhymed and one of the characters looked like Boss Hogg from the Dukes of Hazzard.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Getting teenagers to eat what is good for them is about as easy as getting them to not have sex. Education and some independence is best.

If it were me? I'd get clever strategies on it all. Like, for example, making the healthier lunches cheaper and NOT gross. Shitty school salads suck, they just do. The dressings are just as bad for you as the god damn hamburger. It just isn't worth it, and kids aren't stupid. Put some bad ass salads up there. Make healthy alternatives--it isn't hard. Lean meat and hand made, homemade food instead of mass packaged lunches. Real cooks instead of lunch ladies serving yesterday's garbage. Good food is NOT expensive.. you have a bunch of KIDS that would LOVE to go outside. Make a fucking garden and use that shit. Get them involved in the shit. You have FFAs and you're NOT using those cows, chickens, pigs, etc. to help out the school? Fuck no. Use that shit. Kids want identity, autonomy, and independence.. You tell them this is what they WILL eat, they won't. All day long. You tell them, "Hey, you can have an elective where you help prep the food for the next day instead of being in a class." and they'll do that labor for free and actually eat the food because they helped make it.

It's backfiring because no one really gives a shit about what the kids eat or how the kids feel about the foods they eat. They care about looking good and saving money and spending money where they want.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Getting teenagers to eat what is good for them is about as easy as getting them to not have sex. Education and some independence is best.
    Actually, it's relatively easy, but if you wait until they are teenagers, it may already be too late. Kids who are fed a healthy diet from babyhood and see their parents eating healthy food will grow up thinking that is the norm, and develop a taste for these sorts of foods. My niece and nephew, for example, eat all sorts of veggies, grains, and legumes and ask for fruit for snacks before anything else. Of course their parents live in a middle-class area where fresh produce and wholesome food are readily available, and have never been short of money to purchase it.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Actually, it's relatively easy, but if you wait until they are teenagers, it may already be too late. Kids who are fed a healthy diet from babyhood and see their parents eating healthy food will grow up thinking that is the norm, and develop a taste for these sorts of foods. My niece and nephew, for example, eat all sorts of veggies, grains, and legumes and ask for fruit for snacks before anything else. Of course their parents live in a middle-class area where fresh produce and wholesome food are readily available, and have never been short of money to purchase it.
    not true my mom tried to feed me whole wheat bread and skim milk and other healthy food. I just wouldn't eat, i still can't stand wheat bread or skim milk (well any type of milk). I gravitated towards junk food as a kid, and it was really hard to get me to eat. I wanted salty processed food and she would feed me vegetable and meat and whole grain breads and milk. we weren't allowed non-diet sodas and only on sundays for soda. and I can not stand diet soda to this day. so nasty, you make me drink that shit i'll spit it on your face.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so