User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by xisnotx View Post
    Forgive me as I'm childless...but I thought your child's nutrition was your responsibility?

McDonalds isn't making anyone fat, the parents who allow them to eat there are..

Big Government, Small Government, No Government...you child's outcomes are dependent on you, are they not?

Raise your kids well, I think. If you're dependent on other people to do so...well, don't be surprised if you don't particularly like the product.

It's your responsibility.
    this is true, he just wants to find fault to find fault when there is no fault to be found
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Forgive me as I'm childless...but I thought your child's nutrition was your responsibility?

McDonalds isn't making anyone fat, the parents who allow them to eat there are..

Big Government, Small Government, No Government...you child's outcomes are dependent on you, are they not?

Raise your kids well, I think. If you're dependent on other people to do so...well, don't be surprised if you don't particularly like the product.

It's your responsibility.
    This only applies to Republican administrations. When Bush was president, it was everyone's responsibility to raise their own children. Now that Obama is president, you should blame the government for every problem you face while raising your children.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    this is true, he just wants to find fault to find fault when there is no fault to be found
    i don't know his motivations purp, i'm just surprised mal is a he, to be honest, if he is.

just keep on doing what you're doing.

are we not great?

you feel it?

i feel it.

MBTI
    yupp

i don't know his motivations purp, i'm just surprised mal is a he, to be honest, if he is.

just keep on doing what you're doing.

are we not great?

you feel it?

i feel it.
    I feel drained so perhaps I am great.

and i am existing i will keep on doing so since you have given permission. thanks.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I feel drained so perhaps I am great.

and i am existing i will keep on doing so since you have given permission. thanks.
    you're too much, i swear.
    i'm glad you exist. life is better that way.

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by xisnotx
    It is, but if you are American, you've been taught the food pyramid, which contains the government's recommended servings of fruits, dairy, and carbs.

Food Pyramid, page 2

According to the food pyramid, you should eat:

1. 6 to 11 servings of grain (carbs).
    2. 3 to 5 servings of fruit; 2 to 4 servings of veggies.
    3. 2 to 3 servings of meat
    4. 2 to 3 servings of milk.

How can you absolve the government of any fault when they teach this garbage to our children? They have it ass backwards. 11 servings of grain is what's making people think it's ok to scarf down donuts and pasta. The recommended amount should be 2 servings max. I would double the servings of meat and double the servings of veggies.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    If Michelle Obama's guidelines provide healthy lunches, and students throw those lunches away and go to McDonald's, then Darwin will take care of them. "Deciding meal portion guidelines on a local level" is code for "We gon feed our kids what done been good for us and the gub'ment ain't gonna stop us".
    While we are waiting for Darwin to take effect, the rest of us will be footing the bill for the health consequences of their obesity, much as we have for the consequences of smoking. Children raised with unhealthy diets have an especially hard time as this is all they have known. Mrs. Obama is indeed fighting a seriously uphill battle. The alternative is for her to quit, but she seems to care too much about children to do that.

Healthy food generally costs more than junk food, and it can be hard in poor areas even to find a decent grocery store with fresh produce, etc., especially if one is reliant on public transportation. Yes, some parents manage to raise their kids on a healthy diet despite these obstacles. Instead of pointing to them as some sort of proof of concept, though, we should reduce these barriers so more kids can eat healthy, at home and at school.

Finally, it makes no sense to speak of a first lady as a failure, or as a success. First lady is not an elected office. Presidents' wives have no obligation to do anything. I keep waiting for the "first lady" who will continue her own career while her husband is in office. So far, they seem mostly to take on some cause or other. With Nancy Reagan, it was preventing drug abuse; with Laura Bush, literacy; now we have Michelle Obama and nutrition/fitness. I suppose she could just stay home and bake cookies.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

I forgot to point out that the government doesn't distinguish between healthy grain products like Oatmeal and unhealthy grain products (refined carbs) like donuts. You'd think that the USDA and HHS would have figured this out by now. I still remember learning the food pyramid in the 2nd grade; we all got a pamphlet titled "The Thing the Professor Forgot".
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    It is, but if you are American, you've been taught the food pyramid, which contains the government's recommended servings of fruits, dairy, and carbs.

Food Pyramid, page 2

According to the food pyramid, you should eat:

1. 6 to 11 servings of grain (carbs).
    2. 3 to 5 servings of fruit; 2 to 4 servings of veggies.
    3. 2 to 3 servings of meat
    4. 2 to 3 servings of milk.

How can you absolve the government of any fault when they teach this garbage to our children? They have it ass backwards. 11 servings of grain is what's making people think it's ok to scarf down donuts and pasta. The recommended amount should be 2 servings max. I would double the servings of meat and double the servings of veggies.
    The American Diabetes Association recommends that everybody eat more carbs in order to produce more diabetics, thus more people are on insulin, metformin, etc.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    I forgot to point out that the government doesn't distinguish between healthy grain products like Oatmeal and unhealthy grain products (refined carbs) like donuts. You'd think that the USDA and HHS would have figured this out by now. I still remember learning the food pyramid in the 2nd grade; we all got a pamphlet titled "The Thing the Professor Forgot".
    Here's your Professor pamphlet. http://agnic.msu.edu/hgpubs/modus/morefile/hg229_79.pdf
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”