MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by xisnotx View Post
    Excuse you, bacon is delicious.
    Point taken. We're running out of words.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Cop is a pejorative word and y'all need to check your civilian privilege.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Heading back toward the original topic, I find the actions of St. Louis county to be rather bizarre. Riots and crowd control are really not a job for SWAT. It just does not make practical sense to be deploying snipers and entry teams. The normal (and much more sane, IMHO) response would be to have rows of cops with shields and PR-24s, and then some guys with Tasers, OC, and beanbag shotguns.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Cop is a pejorative word and y'all need to check your civilian privilege.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

A lot of people (including John Oliver in the above video) say that most cops are not bad cops.

Which causes me to ask two questions:

Is a cop still a good cop if he or she won't report the brutality or excessive force of other cops?

Are most cops willing to report a fellow officer for brutality or excessive force?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    A lot of people (including John Oliver in the above video) say that most cops are not bad cops.

Is a cop still a good cop if he or she won't report the brutality or excessive force of other cops?

Are most cops willing to report a fellow officer for brutality or excessive force?
    If you turn a blind eye to corruption, you are effectively endorsing it.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Here's a story about a death that won't go into the statistics as police brutality.

Sheriff's probe in-custody death - News - VVdailypress.com - Victorville, CA

Here's a story about a cop so stupid that he shot his own daughter and crashed his car while driving her to the hospital. I'm sure Virginia feels safer knowing this guy is on the job.

Police: Virginia deputy shot daughter, crashed car - WTOP.com

Here's a story about a woman who was killed by police because they thought she had an uzi. She didn't. The police couldn't tell the difference between an uzi and a cordless drill. Better to shoot first and ask questions later, right? Why are we paying these guys if they're no better than untrained vigilantes? I'm sure this one will go into the book as a justified homicide.

Police: Woman shot by officers in San Jose after allegedly threatening to kill her family has died | abc7news.com
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

I'm beating a dead horse, but just to emphasize how silly it is to believe "cops" is pejorative here's a link to the community oriented policing services which is a component of the DOJ and also known as... Cops.

COPS Office: Grants and Resources for Community Policing

God help you if you actually defend yourself against unjustifiable police aggression.

Cory Maye Freed After 10 Years In Prison: The Back Story

This is a great example of what I'm talking about.

By all accounts Capt. Todd is a good guy who has worked well with the media and yet here he refuses to get the name of the officer who was making unnecessary threats and simply states that he will take care of it. That's not transparent and leaves questions about accountability.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

I suggest you read this: Industry CRM Developers - Situational Awareness Management Course Outline
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz