User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    The people I notice who don't like police and even hate police are petty criminals.

This is understandable as the police interrupt petty criminals.

So I think a fair question to ask is, do you have a dog in this fight, indeed do you engage in petty crime such as buying or selling illegal drugs?

If so, it would be useful to disclose your motivation in speaking against lawful authority.
    I don't hate cops. I just don't like cops that aren't good at being cops, which is a healthy amount.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

I've read that the crowds at one point were shooting guns, chanting "kill the police," throwing Molotov cocktails, looting, and a building was burned down. This is not a normal situation, so I wouldn't expect the cops to go about their job as if it were.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by theDarkSide View Post
    I've read that the crowds at one point were shooting guns, chanting "kill the police," throwing Molotov cocktails, looting, and a building was burned down. This is not a normal situation, so I wouldn't expect the cops to go about their job as if it were.
    I'm sure you've read lots of things trying to portray the people of Ferguson as violent and out of control. There is no evidence any crowd has chanted "kill the police". That rumor was started by a police spokesman, and I'm sure he has no reason to lie, right? If this stuff was actually happening, you'd think the police would want reporters there to document just how out of control the crowds actually are. But that's not what the police have done. They've arrested and shot tear gas at the media. Why? Because they don't want the media to record what is actually going on. The police are lying, as usual. The crowds have been mostly peaceful. On a couple nights, some people from outside the area have started trouble (the "rioting" you hear about). These are just opportunistic thugs trying to take advantage of the situation. The protesters, themselves, have been peaceful. Don't believe the garbage you hear from right-wing media outlets that are trying to portray the people of this area as out of control. The only people who have been out of control have been the police, treating citizens like this is Stalin's Soviet Union.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by SD45T-2 View Post
    As I understand it, Ferguson is a fairly small town. They probably have a small police department with a modest budget. So where did all these SWAT guys come from? St. Louis, maybe?
    I've read that the Ferguson PD has this equipment (as well as the St. Louis Country PD), and it has gotten it from the federal government as part of some post 9-11 programs that have militarized police departments across the country.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Btw heres a funny picture i took few years ago

"Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni

Man. These guys mean business.

J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    I don't hate cops. I just don't like cops that aren't good at being cops, which is a healthy amount.
    The fact is you reveal yourself in your language. You refer to the police with the pejorative word cop, rather than referring to the police with the respectful words police officer.

Your very words betray your hatred of police.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

The people I notice who don't like police and even hate police are petty criminals.

This is understandable as the police interrupt petty criminals.

So I think a fair question to ask is, do you have a dog in this fight, indeed do you engage in petty crime such as buying or selling illegal drugs?

If so, it would be useful to disclose your motivation in speaking against lawful authority.
    This is nothing but ad hominem. Rather than attacking the argument, you attack the credibility of the people making the argument. This is what people do when they don't have a rebuttal, personal attacks. There is absolutely nothing of substance in your post, just as there is nothing of substance in all of your racist, anti-Muslim posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    There is absolutely nothing of substance in your post, just as there is nothing of substance in all of your racist, anti-Muslim posts.
    Heh, I wasn't going to bring this up, but now I have a reason.

Capt. Johnson thanked the New Black Panthers and Nation of Islam for helping with security and traffic control on Thursday night when things were peaceful.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

The fact is you reveal yourself in your language. You refer to the police with the pejorative word cop, rather than referring to the police with the respectful words police officer.

Your very words betray your hatred of police.
    It has been my experience (both IRL and online) that most police officers (and sheriffs deputies, and constables, and state troopers, etc.) frequently refer to themselves and each other as cops.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz