User Tag List

First 311121314 Last

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    If I was in Darren Wilson's shoes, I'd have a difficult time accepting that money. I might, I might not. I can't say for sure without being in that situation, but the idea of accepting money from such overt racists makes my skin crawl.
    I'd be curious to see how much exorbitant legal fees would make your skin crawl.

If the choice is, accept money and be able to pay my daughters tuition, vs being able to maintain the moral high ground.

I know which I would pick.

If I was in Darren Wilson's shoes, I'd have a difficult time accepting that money. I might, I might not. I can't say for sure without being in that situation, but the idea of accepting money from such overt racists makes my skin crawl.
    That's an interesting question.

Libertarian politicians face this as well.

Something I've been thinking about, why haven't we seen pictures of Darren Wilson's injuries? With the release of the convenience store video tape (against the orders of the governor), it's clear that the Ferguson PD is trying to play a PR game. Pictures of Wilson's injuries would go a long way toward getting him some public sympathy. I know he's in "hiding" right now, but you don't have to leave your hiding place to release a picture of your (allegedly) broken face. It doesn't make any sense for the Ferguson PD to not release a picture of his injuries.

This line of thought brings up another possibility. Someone said to me today, "If I shot someone like Wilson did, the first thing I'd do is grab the tire iron out of the trunk and smash it into my own face. That beats going to prison."
    Lol. I was going to make this exact same statement, but I didn't want to be the only conspiracy theorist.

I think he freaked and hit himself or had someone else do it, but waited too long and there are too many witnesses who saw him without it plus possible video or photos.

It would also explain why McCullough seemed to almost be asking to be taken off the case.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    Lol. I was going to make this exact same statement, but I didn't want to be the only conspiracy theorist.

I think he freaked and hit himself or had someone else do it, but waited too long and there are too many witnesses who saw him without it plus possible video or photos.

It would also explain why McCullough seemed to almost be asking to be taken off the case.
    Conspiracies happen all the time. They're just not at the level of "9-11 was an inside job" or "the moon landing was fake" conspiracies. If you and a friend decide to rob a bank, that's a conspiracy. What matters is evidence and plausibility.

Anyway, I would think that if Michael Brown did break Darren Wilson's face, there would be some marks or bruising on his hands. There should be some evidence of it. I wonder if any of the autopsies have looked at that yet. I haven't seen anything about it.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    I'd be curious to see how much exorbitant legal fees would make your skin crawl.

If the choice is, accept money and be able to pay my daughters tuition, vs being able to maintain the moral high ground.

I know which I would pick.
    Hold on. Really? What moral high ground?
    Likes Xann liked this post

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by hel View Post
    Hold on. Really? What moral high ground?
    The high ground that ignores the reality of paying serious legal fees on a cops salary.

EDIT: The caveat being that if he receives enough support elsewhere to fully cover his costs, it would be smart too not accept their $$.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    The high ground that ignores the reality of paying serious legal fees on a cops salary.

EDIT: The caveat being that if he receives enough support elsewhere to fully cover his costs, it would be smart too not accept their $$.
    Oh, I see. You've left out the reason the policeman would have to pay the fees. You've forgotten context. If we acknowledged the actions that brought him to need to pay the fees in the first place (theoretically speaking - as far as I know, no legal measures have been taken against him) then perhaps his having to pay fees would not be seen as a burden to an undeserving man.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by hel View Post
    Oh, I see. You've left out the reason the policeman would have to pay the fees. You've forgotten context. If we acknowledged the actions that brought him to need to pay the fees in the first place (theoretically speaking - as far as I know, no legal measures have been taken against him) then perhaps his having to pay fees would not be seen as a burden to an undeserving man.
    Do you actually believe he hasn't retained counsel yet?
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Do you actually believe he hasn't retained counsel yet?
    No. But I'd hardly call that "exorbitant legal fees." And seeking legal counsel isn't the same as legal measures being taken against him. As far as I know. But that wasn't even my point. My point was that why shouldn't he have to pay his own legal fees? Is he not as deserving of them as anyone else who commits a crime?

Governor Jay Nixon just said he wouldn't be appointing a special prosecutor. When asked if he would put out a statement in support of McCullough he just said "I'm busy."

What a fucking coward. He just wants this all to go away.

Anyone know what party he's in?
    I know because no media outlet ever mentions what party he is in.