User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

Fortunately we don't have Jackbooted Thugs or guns in civilian hands.

Instead we have banned guns in civilian hands, we have civilian oversight of the police, we have civilian oversight of politicians, and we even have civilian oversight of the economy. And it works.

It is called liberal democracy. And of course it is far to late for you to adopt liberal democracy so you are condemned to Jackbooted Thugs, a culture of guns, an economy that is not working, and money politics.

Is God trying to punish you?

"When I say I don't trust police people say "sure, you're a defense lawyer." True. But I learned not to trust them when I was a prosecutor." - Ken White

MBTI
    Ni
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    This is a great example of what I'm talking about.

By all accounts Capt. Todd is a good guy who has worked well with the media and yet here he refuses to get the name of the officer who was making unnecessary threats and simply states that he will take care of it. That's not transparent and leaves questions about accountability.
    I was once put on a watch list because a cop thought I was in a gang. Why would he think I was in a gang you ask? I had a blue head scarf in my possession. African American women often wrap their hair up with scarfs. My parents were informed and questioned. The officer found out I had a boyfriend who was from Brooklyn and concluded he was in the gang and I had the scarf to show solidarity with his gang affiliation. So I needed to be watched closely. The good cops in NY have stop and frisk aka legalized racial profiling.

Meet The 17-Year-Old Who Blew The Lid Off Racial Profiling With His iPod
    "Re-examine all that you have been told... dismiss that which insults your soul."_Walt Whitman

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

The sentiments enunciated in this article from City Journal mirror my own.

A Grotesque Pantomime of Repression and Redemption

Activists and journalists are stuck in the racial resentments of the 1960s.

An excerpt...

The American understanding of riots and racial violence was shaped a half-century ago, during the insurrections of the 1960s. To judge by the responses to the current rioting in Ferguson, Missouri, a suburb of St. Louis, little has changed since then. After riots have wrought their physical and psychic damage, some invariably declare that the unrest was constructive. Patricia Bynes, a Democratic committeewoman for Ferguson, rationalized that the events in Ferguson would benefit the entire metropolitan area because, she said, “St. Louis never has had its true race moment, where they had to confront this.” She was topped by Missouri Highway Patrol captain Ron Johnson, who has been leading the police response in Ferguson. Speaking to a unity rally at a local church, Johnson suggested that, somehow, Brown’s death was “going to make it better for our sons to be better black men.” One rioter, who wouldn’t give his name, admitted that “If it wasn’t for the looting, we wouldn’t get the attention.” The virtue of disruption, academics and observers argue, is that it gives African-Americans a crisis with which to bargain. But after 50 years, what has this bargain achieved, except to cultivate a community that excels in resentment?

It’s not just African-Americans who are stuck in the sixties. Reporters are still seeking out the Kerner Commission’s white racists, who are ultimately to blame for all racial problems. Historians and sociologists are offering structural explanations for the violence; whites in general, and small businesses in particular, have little to say but simply flee to safer climes. In Ferguson, after a week of unrest that included looting and rioting, we know very little about the incident that resulted in Michael Brown’s death, despite the release of the first pathology report. The officer involved is in seclusion and has given no public statements. The Grand Jury, should one be convened, will likely have only a vague picture of what happened.

When Trayvon Martin was killed in 2012, the media constructed a racial narrative around the case—especially NBC news, which doctored tapes of George Zimmerman’s 911 call. It wasn’t until much later that pictures were shown of Zimmerman’s dark-skinned, Peruvian mother. Had those pictures been publicized earlier, the public might have understood that Trayvon Martin’s tragic death was not an example of a Klan-like murder.

In Ferguson, the media’s preferred narrative—a “gentle giant” of a young black man gunned down for no reason by a racist cop—was short-circuited by a videotape, taken minutes before his death, depicting Michael Brown strong-arming a diminutive store clerk who’d caught him stealing a box of cigarillos. Deflated, CNN’s Wolf Blitzer described the video as a “smear.” Does he think the tape should have been suppressed? His CNN colleague Jake Tapper, just back from apologizing for Hamas in Gaza and justifiably angered by the misuse of military equipment to intimidate suburban civilians, subjected the state’s Democratic governor, Jay Nixon, to a vigorous grilling. Tapper suggested that Nixon had some atoning to do for his supposedly racist past before he could be relied on to take action in Ferguson. If only Tapper had been so hard-edged with Hamas.

Well, at least one reporter is definately stuck in the 60s.

https://vine.co/v/M3F6JDPI9Hu

It's rare to catch that split second when a man is trying to decide whether or not he's going to keep it real.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

KKK raising money for Ferguson police officer

I think it's safe to say that there are racist undertones in this mess.

Ugh

Suspect dead in officer-involved shooting

I hate the phrase "officer involved shooting."

MBTI
    INTJ

They need all that, and more.
    Look at what these fools are carrying around in my City of Brotherly Thugs

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post

What do you mean by racist undertones?

Do you mean that the KKK's involvement has bearing on whether the officers shooting of Mr. Brown was racially motivated?

Or do you mean that the reaction to the shooting involves racist undertones? Please explain a little more if you could.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post

"All money will go to the cop who did his job against the Negro criminal," according to New Empire Knights of the KKK.

And what exactly was his job . . . being an incompetent fuck?