User Tag List

First 234

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Magic Poriferan is wrong in blaming only the US for the problems in the Middle East. European colonialism has had an even greater effect than what the US has done. The US is a latecomer to this game. Britain gets far too little criticism for what it has done to destabilize the region because they've taken a back seat to the US since WWII. It is Britain that chose to put Israel in Palestine (a British colony at the time). It is Britain that undermined Iran's constitutional revolution back in 1905. It is Britain that created the Mandate of Mesopotamia after WWI (when the Ottoman Empire was divided up).

There has always been a disagreement about the succession, but it wasn't always this bloody. This much blood has been spilled because Europeans destabilized the region. Europeans, in their infinite arrogance, divided this land up, installing dictators as they saw fit, without having any clue what the long term consequences would be.

Stupid racist Brits.
    But I didn't say only the USA is to blame...

I even said the USA and the general western world. I did the USA had instigated these things, but instigation is not something that can only be done by one party at a time, that automatically excludes anyone else from doing it.

I would say that in more recent times the USA has been the predominant meddler in that region, however.

But the great majority of the world's socio-political problems today have some connection to either Britain for France, I suspect. You can probably put Spain in third place.

At any rate, what is the point? I only bring it up as an example of why the USA ought not to mess around there again.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    This much blood has been spilled because Europeans destabilized the region.
    Oh yeah, they totally had their shit together before the Europeans showed up, lol.

The only reason anyone is paying attention to that region is because they are sitting on top of valuable resources. If it wasn't for oil, the Middle East would be just as neglected as Sub Saharan Africa where there is constant civil war and genocide, yet nobody really cares.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    huh

ISIS has been seizing initiative on Mossad/CIAorUSmilitary intelligence. There have been instances of ISIS people early on getting medical treatment in JEW hospitals. I used to follow this stuff really tight but it's so repetitive. Best to just look at it like Israel is an eye of the storm and the shit is blowing all around the middle east, the Jews want the land and free stuff while the US military and it's closely held corporations rake profits and logistical advantages.

ISIS Leader Abu Bakr Al Baghdadi Trained by Israeli Mossad, NSA Documents Reveal | Global Research
    French Report ISIL(ISIS) Leader Al-Baghdadi Jewish Mossad Agent! « Socio-Economics History Blog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEuJ5v3AbJg

It never ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I blame the big bang.
    I know happiness is having someone to blame, after all why would anyone get married? But what if the Big Bang is innocent? We woud be convicting an innocent Bang. How could we have that on our conscience?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Oh yeah, they totally had their shit together before the Europeans showed up, lol.

The only reason anyone is paying attention to that region is because they are sitting on top of valuable resources. If it wasn't for oil, the Middle East would be just as neglected as Sub Saharan Africa where there is constant civil war and genocide, yet nobody really cares.
    You're holding the Middle East to an unrealistic standard. Europe didn't even have its own shit together before they showed up. Expecting more out of the Middle East is more than a bit silly. Also, the fact that Africa was also greatly harmed by colonization isn't really news.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

I totally support this analysis.

Long before the Western world ever dreamed of invading this area, there were already lots of civil wars, Jihads, various genocides in the area (between Sunni and Shia, and then Shia and Sunni, not mentioning Persians vs Arabs vs Ottomans).

OIL is the answer we seek.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

Well Australia cares as we will be taking the refugees from the Islamic State as they flee genocide.

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Mission creep - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Remember those 300 troops he authorized back in June?

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

I thought they did before Mr.Gengish Khan paid them a visit.