First 234

Permabanned
    MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    infj None

North America and generally the continent it is situated on? that's it really, though obviously I would say that for other places I would just use the term "western influenced"

I feel like we're all still yankee european, and criminals at heart.

I just think that North America shares and has it's own unique history and thus culture, which became it's own thing, due to it's values and origins as a melting pot. I don't know why you'd consider any other place "Western" then.
    I mean I suppose there's what a country has influence on or control over, but there's always sort of a core set of values or culture that's uniquely it's own I would say...and there's also a difference between again, the original or native culture and political or governmental influence; which is kind of a different situation all together.
    The whole idea of "western" culture has become kind of a strange concept or idea though, and sort of a shadow of what it once probably was when you think about large Coca Cola warehouses and stores all over even the desolate and impoverished parts of the world.

Disclaimer: THIS POST WAS NOT "OBJECTIVE" ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    North America and generally the continent it is situated on? that's it really, though obviously I would say that for other places I would just use the term "western influenced"

I feel like we're all still yankee european, and criminals at heart.

I just think that North America shares and has it's own unique history and thus culture, which became it's own thing, due to it's values and origins as a melting pot. I don't know why you'd consider any other place "Western" then.
    I mean I suppose there's what a country has influence on or control over, but there's always sort of a core set of values or culture that's uniquely it's own I would say...and there's also a difference between again, the original or native culture and political or governmental influence; which is kind of a different situation all together.
    The whole idea of "western" culture has become kind of a strange concept or idea though, and sort of a shadow of what it once probably was when you think about large Coca Cola warehouses and stores all over even the desolate and impoverished parts of the world.

Disclaimer: THIS POST WAS NOT "OBJECTIVE" ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This is a startlingly parochial point of view and certainly insulting to other Western nations.

This is a point view that ignores the long history of the West going back 3,000 years to Ancient Greece.

And not only is it an insulting point of view but it is dangerous to the national security of the West.

It seems to be the apotheosis of narcissism.