Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Except there's nothing really stating it isn't true.
    Good point--can't always trust that the jury holds the absolute truth. I didn't realize that there were other factors, like those you mentioned, that make the circumstances pretty suspicious. So.. yeah, the last sentence of my post is absolute pants until we have a clearer understanding. I'd be interested (well, slightly, halfheartedly) in further developments in the case. If it doesn't float to the top of this forum, I'm likely to forget about it

(I still believe the rest of my post, though, namely that he deserves a chance to exonerate himself even if the dude's dead.)

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    The woman might have lost the head of the household but they wouldn't have even had all of that money if he hadn't written that book. If you're in special operations, you shouldn't be writing books. Whether it was an ethical move or not, the courts clearly made a decision. If it sucks, that's really not that surprising because most juries are full of idiots that are making stupid decisions every day. I think a lot of people are also forgetting that Ventura was essentially a SEAL so who gives a fuck if he was talking shit about the military. The real issue seems to be with the fact that Kyle is dead and he kept on going, not that he sued him in the first place.
    It's more the emotional aspect that Kyle isn't there to defend himself and his actions, but Ventura is. The trial dynamics changed drastically. There's 11 scattered witnesses all seeing a different piece of the puzzle, and the biggest part of the picture isn't there which could have heavily influenced the decision making factor with this. The wife wasn't there, she can only defend so much with a video made by a dead husband. So yeah, there's a lot of emotional ties to being upset that he's still seeking retribution. It's legal, but that doesn't mean people don't have moral issues to take up with it. It's legal to own a flamethrower too but I'm not get--... well.. nm.. I might actually.. .. Scratch all that.

I dunno about not writing books.. I don't know how all that goes with special teams and forces.. but Ventura was a seal?? I thought he was on special crews, did something else like diving or something, but didn't go through seal school. I dunno how the Navy does their shit though so maybe he was. He was in the military.. but if he's allowed to say that stuff, then why is he trying to fight so hard to say he didn't? The idea is either he said it or he didn't.. and he claims he didn't.. which means he acknowledges too that that would have been an embarrassing horrible thing to say at that setting at that time.

The jury was sort of pressured into agreeing too instead of doing a whole other trial. That's the part that gets me the most. They didn't agree like 5 times in a row... so clearly there was evidence there strong enough that members of the jury weren't convinced this guy's rep got destroyed by this incident. They wanted it all to be done with, and I think that played a very heavy hand in the decision making. Instead of going over every detail again, these guys wanted to go home and be done.

Quote Originally Posted by jscrothers View Post
    Good point--can't always trust that the jury holds the absolute truth. I didn't realize that there were other factors, like those you mentioned, that make the circumstances pretty suspicious.

(I still believe the rest of my post, though, namely that he deserves a chance to exonerate himself even if the dude's dead.)
    I believe people can get a chance for anything.. But.. Nothing stopped the guy from going there, talking to the wife, releasing press news about the situation and the book, and doing an interview and all that and getting things cleared up that way. Instead, it went straight to sue the shit out of the guy. There wasn't a ton of news about the two of them duking it out before he went to suing him. I mean, if he's really looking to rebuild a reputation damaged, suing doesn't really help the cause on the emotional front. Which leads me to believe if he was truly guilty he'd just default to getting money and attention.. and if he was innocent he's just a shitty person that said "fuck you, fuck that guy, it's legal, and no one cares what I think anymore anyways so I'm just going to try to take down that shit and get some profits from my part of the story." Which is sort of an asshole kind of way to be either way.

He claims no one is winning either way.. but he pretty much did win on the future front of things. He'd have never ever pulled 1.8 mil out of his ass with the conspiracy theories and off the grid attitude lately otherwise.

The lady doesn't need to worry so much.. army people are going to take care of her either way.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I dunno about not writing books.. I don't know how all that goes with special teams and forces.. but Ventura was a seal?? I thought he was on special crews, did something else like diving or something, but didn't go through seal school. I dunno how the Navy does their shit though so maybe he was. He was in the military.. but if he's allowed to say that stuff, then why is he trying to fight so hard to say he didn't?
    Yeah I specifically used the word "essentially" because he was basically what the SEALs were before SEALs existed. It was the guys that became SEALs when that term was coined.

Also, everyone is allowed to say that stuff. Having personally seen all of the shit bags in the military, at all kinds of levels of rank and specialness (as I'm sure you have), I can't stand to see people act like you can't talk shit about people just because they're in the military. 90+% of the military didn't join to be heroic and serve their country and it doesn't really take any serious effort to be in the military.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    Yeah I specifically used the word "essentially" because he was basically what the SEALs were before SEALs existed. It was the guys that became SEALs when that term was coined.

Also, everyone is allowed to say that stuff. Having personally seen all of the shit bags in the military, at all kinds of levels of rank and specialness (as I'm sure you have), I can't stand to see people act like you can't talk shit about people just because they're in the military. 90+% of the military didn't join to be heroic and serve their country and it doesn't really take any serious effort to be in the military.
    The first part clears it up.. He was in waaay back.

And I know everyone is allowed to say that stuff you grammar nazi. I'm saying, he clearly acknowledges, as well as everyone offended by it, that it wasn't an appropriate thing to say because not only is he denying it, but he's suing for slander of his name. Yeah, sure, people can say what they want, they have every right to.. but not without consequences.

There are plenty of jackasses in the military, no doubt about it.. I could talk shit all day long about Jessica Lynch and I don't care who wants to gut me because I think she was a shit soldier that unnecessarily costed us and herself a ton of time and resources. Just because she got kidnapped doesn't mean she's a hero--especially when she pretty much got herself kidnapped along with her other shit-for-brains soldiers along side her.. But. As a general principle of things, people are sensitive because the Vietnam war is still very new in some peoples' hearts.. America is trying to show a LOT of support that they really failed to give when Vietnam came around. It was pretty disgusting.. We're sort of swinging the other way.. and between the two I'd rather people be overly sensitive about saying mean things and just tell those HSPs to fuck off, than to shame someone for losing their friends doing their job properly. If I had said the shit Ventura said, that's exactly what I'd have done--told everyone to fuck off. If I didn't, I'd have apologized for miscommunications and gotten with the family to work on something together vs suing the shit out of them right away. The whole thing looks suspicious to me.. I think it was a bad call on the courts from people that wanted to go home and stop looking at Ventura's mug every day.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    huh

I'm alright with this. Way to go Jesse!