User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post

Americans constantly tell us you are the best in everything, Americans constantly promote themselves, Americans are constantly selling themselves. Is it any wonder we take you with a grain of salt?
    actually that's not true the last 10 years the rest of the world and even it's own citizens having being saying how we're the worst at everything. Like I said you have never been here. and this is a constant thing with you.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    actually that's not true the last 10 years the rest of the world and even it's own citizens having being saying how we're the worst at everything. Like I said you have never been here. and this is a constant thing with you.
    C'mon, you are the largest economy in the world. Your military is larger than the next thirteen nations combined. You have many thousands of nuclear warheads poise to destroy the world. You have the best universities in the world. You are the most technologically advanced nation. You are the leader of Western Civilization.

You have very strong tendencies towards narcissism and parochialism, so you should welcome criticism from your allies. Frankly, you are so rich and powerful you should take principled criticism in your stride, rather than whining we are all against you: this is called national paranoia.

And we warn you and others against paranoia because paranoia is psychological preparation to attack.

This is a psychological site so we have a duty to warn against the psychological purpose of paranoia.

MBTI
    yupp

C'mon, you are the largest economy in the world. Your military is larger than the next thirteen nations combined. You have many thousands of nuclear warheads poise to destroy the world. You have the best universities in the world. You are the most technologically advanced nation. You are the leader of Western Civilization.

You have very strong tendencies towards narcissism and parochialism, so you should welcome criticism from your allies. Frankly, you are so rich and powerful you should take principled criticism in your stride, rather than whining we are all against you: this is called national paranoia.

And we warn you and others against paranoia because paranoia is psychological preparation to attack.

This is a psychological site so we have a duty to warn against the psychological purpose of paranoia.
    I'm not whining that everyone is against the US I'm pointing out that what your saying is bullshit and you don't have any fucking clue what you're talking about. and everything you post about the US is drivel. I'd listen to you if you had stepped foot on US soil but you haven't so kindly take your trolling else where
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

Permabanned

being in a legal state...able to, umm, purchase at will (well, with permission, seeing as purchasing without was a matter of sending a text)....i don't think it'll prove to be overly beneficial to society. i'm all for freedoms, but why lie...the stongest empires aren't the free-est.

thing is, with its legalization, you know everyone will try it when they reach that age. how many people do you know haven't ever had a cigarette or a beer? i can't think of even one person. legalize weed, and it's more or less given that everyone will try it once. from there, it's more about realizing the effect it has...

i've smoked a lot of weed in my day, though not so much over the last 6 months...i've been too busy...and i really don't think it's any worse than getting sloppy drunk. it's not any better though, and both are vices that shouldn't be encouraged by society.

overall, its legalization was inevitable. i remember being in college, smoking a blunt, and going to class. i used to sit in class, obviously high, and uh...learn. we'd smoke openly, in front of anyone. we still do, actually. at parties. at bars. we'd go behind the bar, and we'd all be smoking haha. people passing by like "wtf?". at a house party, we'd go to the porch in the middle of the whole damn party and spark it up. people really didn't care. in the environment that i grew up in, it was pretty obvious our generation was going to legalize it. i didn't expect it so soon, but it was inevitable. it's really not that big a deal...

except, it's not something that is a good thing. it's like beer...more so than cigarettes. beer can mess you up in life. weed can too. don't let this weed friendly environment fool you...it's still a very potent drug that needs to be kept away from children and cautiously used. enjoy the herb if you wish, but don't let it take anything away from you. there are things much more important in life than a silly plant.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by xisnotx View Post
    being in a legal state...able to, umm, purchase at will (well, with permission, seeing as purchasing without was a matter of sending a text)....i don't think it'll prove to be overly beneficial to society. i'm all for freedoms, but why lie...the stongest empires aren't the free-est.

thing is, with it's legalization, you know everyone will try it when they reach that age. how many people do you know haven't ever had a cigarette or a beer? i can't think of even one person. legalize weed, and it's more or less given that everyone will try it once. from there, it's more about realizing the effect it has...

i've smoked a lot of weed in my day, though not so much over the last 6 months...i've been too busy...and i really don't think it's any worse than getting sloppy drunk. it's not any better though, and both are vices that shouldn't be encouraged by society.

overall, it's legalization was inevitable. i remember being in college, smoking a blunt, and going to class. i used to sit in class, obviously high, and uh...learn. we'd smoke openly, in front of anyone. we still do, actually. at parties. at bars. we'd go behind the bar, and we'd all be smoking haha. people passing by like "wtf?". at a house party, we'd go to the porch in the middle of the whole damn party and spark it up. in the environment that i grew up in, it was pretty obvious our generation was going to legalize it. i didn't expect it so soon, but it was inevitable. it's really not that big a deal...

except, it's not something that is a good thing. it's like beer...more so than cigarettes. beer can mess you up in life. weed can too. don't let this weed friendly environment fool you...it's still a very potent drug that needs to be kept away from children and cautiously used.
    my position has always been alcohol, weed, and tobacco can only be purchased and consumed by an individual 18 and up and this is why. not that it's gonna stop minors but i remember in highschool it was easier to get weed and other drugs than alcohol.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Literally the first time I've ever seen you post anything that wasn't negative about the US.

You perceive that we're that way.. I'll give you that. But the stereotypes you frequently see aren't what's true. Americans think French girls have hairy armpits and don't wear deodorant. Stepping foot in France showed that was not true. The only things you get right now are the media.. you miss out on the day to day lives of a country. You can say all you want that we're full of ourselves as Americans, and I can point to an entire city that envies other countries because they simply are not American in nature.

Also, you don't speak for all of Australia still. You're not the ambassador for it just because you live there.

Quote Originally Posted by xisnotx View Post
    being in a legal state...able to, umm, purchase at will (well, with permission, seeing as purchasing without was a matter of sending a text)....i don't think it'll prove to be overly beneficial to society. i'm all for freedoms, but why lie...the stongest empires aren't the free-est. .
    A lot of the reasons I never tried drugs growing up was the stigma my parents have towards it + education at a young age against them + social stigmas connected to recreational drug use back then. I don't at all regret being brought up in that environment. I've never met a person who stopped using drugs recreationally for good that regret stopping.

I dislike this big campaign I'm seeing lately where it's all "For $6,000 you can cure cancer!! with marijuana! In a syringe! And its totally safe!" .. Sorry buddy. If marijuana killed cancers, the cancer centers would have pot plantations the size of Ohio. But it doesn't. It isn't science.. people have this kick that 'natural is right'.. to the point of putting themselves in risk and danger at the belief. Even when they've been taught the opposite is true in something, they don't want to feel invalidated.. and they cling to the belief anyways.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Literally the first time I've ever seen you post anything that wasn't negative about the US.
    Imagine I am a writer. And I am aware that everything I write is influenced by Shakespeare. How can I free myself from the influence of Shakespeare? How can I kill Shakespeare?

Imagine I am a non American but I am aware the I am surrounded by Americana: American history, American products, and American ideology. How can I free myself from America to be myself? How can I kill America metaphorically, just as I need to kill Shakespeare metaphorically?

I know you want me to boost your American self esteem, so perhaps the comparison between America and Shakespeare will suffice.

Permabanned

my position has always been alcohol, weed, and tobacco can only be purchased and consumed by an individual 18 and up and this is why. not that it's gonna stop minors but i remember in highschool it was easier to get weed and other drugs than alcohol.
    well, i voted to keep it illegal because i didn't think it was a good thing for society. my own biases be damned. i almost feel in some way we're the ones who caused this. we were too open with how we smoked. we smoked openly, so i think people just decided it was time. i almost feel like it was my fault, because i was the guy smoking on the streets in front of people. people were like, either arrest them or legalize it...

still, i just feel that society shouldn't endorse something that is pretty obviously not a good thing...no, not worse than beer, not better, but not worse....just not a good thing. thing is, people who are the type to smoke...don't care about laws. it was easy enough to get, smoke, and not get caught before...you just had to be smart about it. with all the people that were smoking, its legal status was largely a joke...

laws are one thing, but the conditions on the ground were the best for it, i thought. no need to change. but now it's legal here, as that is what the people around me want, so i can't say much. my weed smoking days are kinda behind me anyway....3 or 4 years ago it used to be every weekend. over the last couple years, it's been like...once a month, if that? and like i said, over this year...i've smoked a sac once. it's just too time consuming, and expensive too.

my point is, it's something people grow out of.

if i were to raise kids in this environment, i would tell them that if you must try it...i'll understand, just like, if you must drink, i understand...but i don't want you to. life is much more than a drug. don't let any drug limit you.

MBTI
    INTP

Please tell us more of your father.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I think the fact your always slandering us society when you've never even been and building australia society up means you don't deserve to be listened to.
    It's called "Australian exceptionalism." Australia is an exceptional country and Americans can't deal with that fact.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”