User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    It's really bad when it does happen though.. Patients I was working with this semester were pretty much pre-disposed to psychosis, and drugs triggered it in the brain.. and the brain sort of learns that new pathway, and doesn't un-learn it even if you take the drugs out of the equation. You think it's not such a big deal because you see people using it all the time.. but it was scary to see how crazy flipped out someone can be from using something like marijuana. (This is not me arguing for or against it people of the thread.. just confirming a post.)
    it is an argument for legalization because those people who would smoke anyways would be better off if there wasn't the illegalness to go along with it. and you can't stop people from smoking you can only educate and let them decide responsibly.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    it is an argument for legalization because those people who would smoke anyways would be better off if there wasn't the illegalness to go along with it. and you can't stop people from smoking you can only educate and let them decide responsibly.
    Quite unlike the USA, Australia has been very successful in severely reducing the incidence of HIV. By contrast the USA has been spreading HIV through their injecting population.

And in the same way Australia has been very successful in reducing the incidence of tobacco smoking, and improving the health of Australians.

But the narcissists want to keep on smoking marijuana even at the expense of their health, both physical and psychological.

But worse the narcissists believe it is cool to break the law and identify with criminals.

Marijuana smoking is sign of narcissism.

It's really bad when it does happen though.. Patients I was working with this semester were pretty much pre-disposed to psychosis, and drugs triggered it in the brain.. and the brain sort of learns that new pathway, and doesn't un-learn it even if you take the drugs out of the equation. You think it's not such a big deal because you see people using it all the time.. but it was scary to see how crazy flipped out someone can be from using something like marijuana. (This is not me arguing for or against it people of the thread.. just confirming a post.)
    A recent study at the University of New South Wales confirms that marijuana smoking does trigger psychosis in some smokers.

I would not wish a paranoid psychosis on anyone.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Quite unlike the USA, Australia has been very successful in severely reducing the incidence of HIV. By contrast the USA has been spreading HIV through their injecting population.

And in the same way Australia has been very successful in reducing the incidence of tobacco smoking, and improving the health of Australians.

But the narcissists want to keep on smoking marijuana even at the expense of their health, both physical and psychological.

But worse the narcissists believe it is cool to break the law and identify with criminals.

Marijuana smoking is sign of narcissism.
    oh more drivel great
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

The issue isn't that it works better -- That's still to be proven or not, but studies are showing that it is at least on par..Medical marijuana more effective in pill form than smoking: study - NY Daily News -- but that it is easier and safer to use. The pill doesn't cause quite all of the.. er.. other side effects that are desired by recreational drug users. Believe it or not people actually don't want to doped up and high all of the time in their lives. It does relieve pain and to stimulate appetite in patients with cancer. And when you're already having medical issues, smoking something with like twice the carbon monoxide of cigarettes isn't really as advisable as taking only the ingredient you actually need. No one recommends smoking anything for health benefits--it is advisable not to do that.. 'safe' drug or not, there's a reason why we don't give anything in a smoking drug form. It's bad for your lungs and breaks them down. The actual smoke does. Plus, you don't need the smoke. You just need the THC. Just like digoxin is just the foxglove flower without nearly the same amount of poison and more precise, the usable ingredient is harvested and put into a form we can actually track and monitor in a viable way. "1 joint" isn't really as easy to monitor as "2 doses at x mg/tab." Being precise is important in medical settings. Also, you can administer it in a hospital setting, something you cannot do with smoked weed because of allergens, contact highs, etc.
    If something being "bad" for you is enough for the government to prohibit it, then pretty much everything can be illegal. Alcohol is far more dangerous than marijuana, but I don't see people advocating making alcohol illegal, except in pill form.

If you think the question to ask is whether or not smoking is "bad" for you is the right question, then we have nothing to discuss. You support the Nanny State and we just fundamentally disagree.

But to the second part.. You're advocating for people to medicate themselves. Then you're saying that medication has nothing to do with life expectancy and quality of life. I don't get it. If you're saying medicine is good, I get it.. but you're saying it isn't that great? but that people should definitely super have it anyways? Why should I even care if it isn't even that great at doing its job? Sanitation is certainly one of the biggest contributions.. but to say vaccines and medicine have not played a major role in things is not really accurate at all.

Not to mention.. If your wife is a doctor, she's probably seen.. how bad people really are at medicating themselves. Just a side note.. People have a perception that things are just safe--and then they abuse it because they assume it safe.. and before you know it people are coming in with liver failure because they thought tylenol wasn't so bad and there are campaigns everywhere trying to get people to take it as recommended. I had no idea how many bad habits I truly had about medicine until I started learning about the drugs themselves. And I never even took medicine outside of the recommended parameters.
    You couldn't be more wrong about my position. I'm not advocating that people self-medicate. I just don't think the government has any business stopping people from doing it. That's a different position, entirely. It's their body. It's their choice. Just like abortion. Period. The government has NO BUSINESS getting involved.

We can educate people about the dangers of self-medication, but putting people in prison for self-medicating is one of the stupidest ideas ever.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/sto...tion/12416687/
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    If something being "bad" for you is enough for the government to prohibit it, then pretty much everything can be illegal. Alcohol is far more dangerous than marijuana, but I don't see people advocating making alcohol illegal, except in pill form.

If you think the question to ask is whether or not smoking is "bad" for you is the right question, then we have nothing to discuss. You support the Nanny State and we just fundamentally disagree.

You couldn't be more wrong about my position. I'm not advocating that people self-medicate. I just don't think the government has any business stopping people from doing it. That's a different position, entirely. It's their body. It's their choice. Just like abortion. Period. The government has NO BUSINESS getting involved.

We can educate people about the dangers of self-medication, but putting people in prison for self-medicating is one of the stupidest ideas ever.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/sto...tion/12416687/
    I agree especially the bolded
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

oh more drivel great
    You reject principled critique of your own society.

Do you want us all to be parochial narcissists?

MBTI
    yupp

You reject principled critique of your own society.

Do you want us all to be parochial narcissists?
    I think the fact your always slandering us society when you've never even been and building australia society up means you don't deserve to be listened to.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I would not wish a paranoid psychosis on anyone.
    Me either.. It's really heavy on the heart to witness.

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    My points aren't made to show off what should be legal or not.. just to illustrate why the pill form is a viable medicine vs people using marijuana smoke and recreational usage. The thing is.. most of the people that qualify in non-legal states for the THC medicinal pill aren't really in a condition where they wouldn't trade it for health and no marijuana. There's a lot of benefits for using the pill that just aren't there in smoke form.

Smoking is bad for you. It's been linked to nearly every risk factor in every disease ever. That's just how it is. COPD isn't formulated by ANYTHING nearly as much as smoking. Cigarette has a lot more chemicals than marijuana.. but the carbon monoxide? Marijuana has cigarettes beat there. And the CO is what causes a lot of the imbalances in oxygen exchange, which can cause all sorts of issues. I don't think things should be illegal solely because they're bad for you.. but I don't deny smoking is bad for you either. I'd prefer people got their highs from consuming the stuff rather than smoking it.

I mean, they sort of do.. because the interest of their people, and their health, are their concerns. They sort of pay for that shit. But I agree that telling them they cannot do it because it's bad isn't their business. They should get involved in a more productive way than punishment--like positive reinforcement, education, and rehabilitation.

I don't disagree with this at all. I've always been in favor of decriminalizing marijuana.. Legalizing it, I don't personally care about one way or the other.. but overall it will be legal regardless of my personal opinion.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

I think the fact your always slandering us society when you've never even been and building australia society up means you don't deserve to be listened to.
    There is no need to slander you, we only need to tell the truth.

But do listen, for we learn an awful lot from comparative history, and comparative sociology.

Americans constantly tell us you are the best in everything, Americans constantly promote themselves, Americans are constantly selling themselves. Is it any wonder we take you with a grain of salt?