User Tag List

First 12

To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I don't know if there really is unbiased journalism. I think the better approach is to try reading a lot of eclectic sources to try and create a sort of gestalt of the truth.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Glamour puss with a tan Raffaella's Avatar

I remember wanting this as well, it's lazy, you need to be more critical. Every news provider has its own bias, you can't do anything about it, just expose yourself to as many different sources as possible. Also, find people to discuss it with, you'll be surprised by how much you learn and how much it furthers your knowledge and quest for the truth.
    Night is another candle

i read the christian science monitor for a bit of a more conservative slant (fyi: there is only one article a day that has a christian science perspective to it and it is clearly labeled. it's a solid, well-respected paper in case you aren't familiar with it.) and then my usual newspaper site which is more liberal. bbc is good too. i think the only way to do it is to mix it up as others have suggested.

Don't think there is really an "unbiased" journalism, probably the only way to get away from some of the stuff is to look at the news from another country that isn't owned by the same large corporation (e.g WSJ and Rupert Murdoch) If anything, their form of "unbiased" is to seemingly look as "neutral" as possible.

The Atlantic can have some really nice and long articles here and there. If you can find them, there is a ton of recent events as well as some history lessons that contributed to the recent events. When I found that article, I was like....holy, this is more than most news articles.

Most people have some nice things to say about NPR, though I haven't really listened to them yet.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Everyone has an opinion and those who deny this are lying.

In general, the best thing to do is to question everything you read and only accept those things that make sense. Read around topics that you are interested in - by doing this you are able to make a more informed judgement and won't have to fall back on more generalised principles. I also recommend exposing yourself to a wide variety of sources (eg books, articles, blogs).

I don't read any news sites or buy newspapers. That hasn't hurt me, I can assure you...

The important thing is to know what our own politics are. Then we are in a position to judge the politics of others.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    Everyone has an opinion and those who deny this are lying.
    Agreed. Lying or stunningly unaware.

In general, the best thing to do is to question everything you read and only accept those things that make sense. Read around topics that you are interested in - by doing this you are able to make a more informed judgement and won't have to fall back on more generalised principles.
    Confirmation bias - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari