User Tag List

First 3456 Last

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Do you believe the world is black and white?
    *yawn*

Why don't you come up with a real argument instead of asking these silly questions.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

I HATE it when stuff like this happens, and the news media will NOT SHUT UP with their crackpot "theories" on what happened! We have little solid information, and at this point do not know exactly who to blame. All it does is lead to fear mongering, misinformation, pointless arguments, etc.

What we do know is that this was done by a surface to air missile. Not much else.

We'll likely never know exactly what happened and how. The plane is being looted and wrecked by locals in the reason (unsurprisingly), so forensic work is to be mostly fruitless. It's ultimately a horrible tragety that likely will lead to no retribution as it will be near impossible to prove who did what. All we can do is look forward on what to do next, and observe what the public effect is.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    Contra Mole and others this conflict is fundamentally ethnic in nature, and has little if anything to do with religion.
    There is a long history of conflict between catholics and orthodox, so to say the present conflict has little to do with religion smells of denial.

And when one side is catholic and the other side is orthodox and nationalist, it is hard to swollow that the conflict has nothing to do with religion.

Sounds like special pleading.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    Nobody here is blaming this attack on Islamic groups.

Jihadist attacks are a real threat in some other parts of Russia, but not the border with Ukraine AFAIK. Contra Mole and others this conflict is fundamentally ethnic in nature, and has little if anything to do with religion.
    Most conflicts that on the surface appear to be about religion are really about cultural, political, or economic conflicts. Religion is just the excuse or pretext, and a convenient tool for motivating the masses against the common enemy.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    There is a long history of conflict between catholics and orthodox, so to say the present conflict has little to do with religion smells of denial.

And when one side is catholic and the other side is orthodox and nationalist, it is hard to swollow that the conflict has nothing to do with religion.

Sounds like special pleading.
    They're both mostly orthodox what are you on about?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    *yawn*

Why don't you come up with a real argument instead of asking these silly questions.
    Silly questions is all I have.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

i live in a country next to Ukraine and everybody knows here that it was Russian extremists, it`s been all but claimed officially, all our politicians have started taking measures.. but we`ll just wait patiently for the Americans to "figure" this out..as usual, it is amazing how news is distorted and how people would rather believe random conspiracy theories..

Quote Originally Posted by Scheherezade View Post
    i live in a country next to Ukraine and everybody knows here that it was Russian extremists [...]
    How do you know?

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    How do you know?
    Because it is easier to point blame to the party with ideals that is least like your own. As they must be evil doers.

Until we all stop pointing fingers at each other and start to point the finger to humanity as a whole, massacre and tragedy will continue to be the norm.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I don't feel like reading all the thread since I've been away, but have the conspiracy theorists started suggesting yet that this flight was blown up because it really contained the missing flight passengers from the lost flight in March?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft