User Tag List

First 23456 Last

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus
    I would have thought this would be obvious to an intellectual heavy weight such as yourself.
    It's a stupid business decision and the market place will weed out stupid businesses. Also, I've never considered myself an intellectual; think of me as the most informed person you will ever meet.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    I've read 2 conspiracy theories so far. One claims Ukraine army took down the plane, assuming that was the plane carrying Putin, who was returning from a BRICS reunion.
    Putin wasn't on it? Damn.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    It's a stupid business decision and the market place will weed out stupid businesses. Also, I've never considered myself an intellectual; think of me as the most informed person you will ever meet.
    Then why are you complaining? The market is functioning perfectly. Sure, several hundred people lost their lives, but the stockholders will lose something even more valuable...money. That'll teach 'em! I'm sure they'll never put passenger's lives at risk to save a few bucks ever again.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Permabanned

I've gone onto u stream and watched militant looking russian like speaking people being streamed live...
    I wonder..

People killing people...for reasons I don't understand. How usual of the world..

Permabanned
    MBTI
    XXXX
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    That's a cheap shot. There aren't even any Muslims in the area; you are getting mixed up with Chechnya.
    A cheap shot against whom? Rabid Muslim-haters who think the only good Muslim is a dead one? There are some people (including some here on TypoC) who seem willing to blame any act of violence on Muslim extremists, the way people a few years back were blaming every climate and agricultural problem on El Nino, regardless of the actual cause.

I'm not getting anything mixed up
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

It's a religious war between the Catholics of West Ukraine and the Orthodox of East Ukraine, supported by the Orthodox of Russia.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by riva View Post
    Didn't the civil war start because the russian army invaded crimea?
    Is the cart before the horse?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Putin doesn't need anyone else to make him look bad. He manages it all by himself.
    Do you believe the world is black and white?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    A cheap shot against whom? Rabid Muslim-haters who think the only good Muslim is a dead one? There are some people (including some here on TypoC) who seem willing to blame any act of violence on Muslim extremists, the way people a few years back were blaming every climate and agricultural problem on El Nino, regardless of the actual cause.

I'm not getting anything mixed up
    Nobody here is blaming this attack on Islamic groups.

Jihadist attacks are a real threat in some other parts of Russia, but not the border with Ukraine AFAIK. Contra Mole and others this conflict is fundamentally ethnic in nature, and has little if anything to do with religion.