User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    That's a cheap shot. There aren't even any Muslims in the area; you are getting mixed up with Chechnya.
    In eastern Ukraine? You might want to check on that.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    It has nothing to do with Putin.
    Well he is responsible for the civil war in ukraine. So why not hold him indirectly responsible?

Maybe you mean a party not involved in the civil war of that country is responsible?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sp
    Socionics
    INTp

Fly a plane over a war zone and you risk getting it shot down, the blame (and monetary damages) fall upon forward thinking airline logistic managers.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I've read 2 conspiracy theories so far. One claims Ukraine army took down the plane, assuming that was the plane carrying Putin, who was returning from a BRICS reunion. The other one is more far-fetched, claiming it went down because there were 100+ HIV experts in there, and an eventual cure to HIV would be bad news to the pharma industry.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    So it was a missile? REALLY!?!? Well, I heard from a source I don't remember that it was a kid with a bb gun.
    Nope! I suspect that you're slightly confused because that report actually stated "kid with a shoulder fired slingshot", the BB-gun report actually pertained to a different kid that stuck his tongue to a frozen steel pole.

Your acceptance of the local media BB-Gun spin is a common example of how unfounded rumors are often responsible for politicians calling for stricter gun control laws.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by riva View Post
    Well he is responsible for the civil war in ukraine. So why not hold him indirectly responsible?

Maybe you mean a party not involved in the civil war of that country is responsible?
    Foreign parties initiated the civil war.
    The jet shot down is a provocation. The idea is to blame Putin.

Didn't the civil war start because the russian army invaded crimea?

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Putin doesn't need anyone else to make him look bad. He manages it all by himself.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    I don't get it. Why didn't this airline and every other airline change flight paths and avoid war torn/unstable areas?
    I would have thought this would be obvious to an intellectual heavy weight such as yourself. The answer is capitalism. Changing the flight path would require more time and fuel, which would reduce profits. Companies are changing their flight paths now, but only after hundreds of innocent people were murdered as a result of their pursuit of profit.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    I've read 2 conspiracy theories so far. One claims Ukraine army took down the plane, assuming that was the plane carrying Putin, who was returning from a BRICS reunion. The other one is more far-fetched, claiming it went down because there were 100+ HIV experts in there, and an eventual cure to HIV would be bad news to the pharma industry.
    The murder of 100+ HIV researchers by the Russians is true.

HIV/AIDS Researchers, Officials Perish In Malaysia Airlines MH17 Crash - Forbes

It's absurd to think that it was a conspiracy by big pharma. It's just the reckless behavior of a reckless country. Putin deserves to infected with HIV as much as Obama deserves to live in fear of a drone strike killing him and his entire family at any moment.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."