wat

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Falcarius read the other day about Scrabulous being blocked to Canadian and US users. His first thought was Proxy Server is your friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Falcarius View Post
    Falcarius read the other day about Scrabulous being blocked to Canadian and US users. His first thought was Proxy Server is your friend.
    Yes, I noticed some article up on a news site talking its infringement on Scrabble (?), but I didn't read it. I was assuming that was why it would have been blocked.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Falcarius View Post
    I don't know what that is or how to make use of it. I'm assuming it has something to do with bouncing off of a foreign server to make Scrabulous think you're not in the US or Canada. I think Facebook's Scrabulous is just completely gone now.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Scrabulous Returns As Wordscraper On Facebook | Technology | Sky News
    The Rebirth Of Scrabulous

7:27am UK, Friday August 01, 2008
    Scrabulous fans in the United States need not despair - a new version of the game has emerged.

Developers Rajat and Jayant Agarwalla removed Scrabulous from social networking site Facebook for US and Canadian players earlier this week under the threat of legal action.

Hasbro, which owns the rights to Scrabble in those territories, were threatening action, and have also launched an official Scrabble Facebook game.

The Agarwalla brothers have now released Wordscraper, which is similar to Scrabulous but has certain differences.

Letter tiles are now circular rather than square, the squares on the board for earning double and triple points have been rearranged, and tiles for quadruple points have been added.

However, it remains to be seen whether the new version is regarded as sufficiently different to Scrabble to avoid further legal action.

Scrabulous had thousands of daily devotees, and many people have already added the new application to their Facebook profiles.

While Wordscraper is available in the UK, Scrabulous continues to be available as well.

Mattel, which owns the rights to Scrabble in the UK, has also launched legal action against Scrabulous, leaving its future precarious.
    Link to article here: Scrabulous Returns As Wordscraper On Facebook | Technology | Sky News

I think it sucks, but the Agarwallas did violate copyright.
    Madman's azure lie: a zen miasma ruled.

Realize us, Madman!

I razed a slum, Amen.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Wordscraper is kinda retarded. Someone ends up hitting three word multipliers and getting an insane amount of points that gives them a lead the other person has no chance of catching up to. You can design it to have the same multipliers as Scrabble, though, but you can only play games like that against your friends.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I do like the game made entirely of 5w squares, though.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii