10 Fun Facts About the Millennial Generation
"1. Millennials prefer smaller government, if larger government requires high taxes.
2. Millennials are cautious of government power.
3. Millennials still want government to care for the disadvantaged.
4. Millennials strongly prefer free markets over a government-managed economy.
5. Millennials don’t like to be nannied.
6. Millennials are entrepreneurial and like business.
7. Millennials favor meritocracy over egalitarianism.
8. Millennials are social liberals and fiscal centrists.
9. To stimulate the economy, millennials want action.
10. Millennials are the most racially diverse generation. "
What this tells me is that millenials aren't tuned in to the economy, to politics and to current events in general. They say they want free markets, but they support policies such as a "living minimum wage". They say they don't want a nanny state but they support the nanny state political party in droves. They say they like business but they support business killing policies like cap and trade. In short, these people (generally speaking) are statists who don't want to be called statists. The only bright spot in this poll are the millenials making $50,000 and more/year. 57% of millenials making over $100,000/year oppose wealth redistribution policies while only 39% of those making less than $20,000 oppose wealth redistribution.