User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Results 71 to 80 of 132

  1. #71
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,031

    Default

    Sorry for the tangent, but I've really gotten a kick out of target, starbucks and chipotle asking people not to bring guns into their establishments.

    The operative word in Concealed Carry is concealed. Unless they want to roll out metal detectors or pat downs, those establishments are functionally as gun friendly as they ever were.


  2. #72
    Senior Member yeghor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,418

    Default


  3. #73
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Good luck with that.
    Why do you show such a compulsive interest in guns but no interest in psychology on a site devoted to psychology?

    Is there a psychological explanation?

  4. #74
    Post Human Post Qlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    Our TV show scriptwriters? Hell yeah! Go USA!

  5. #75
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,546

    Default

    Explaining why my country rules is like explaining why my father is better than your father.

    It is just another iteration of narcissism.

  6. #76
    Post Human Post Qlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Explaining why my country rules is like explaining why my father is better than your father.

    It is just another iteration of narcissism.
    It's an iteration of Ego, which is natural and healthy, within reason. You seem to have no issues with touting Australia, I do not object. As long as whatever you are saying is actually true.

  7. #77
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    It's an iteration of Ego, which is natural and healthy, within reason. You seem to have no issues with touting Australia, I do not object. As long as whatever you are saying is actually true.
    C'mon, c'mon, you mean I can't tell you beautiful lies about Oz. I mean, how would you know the difference.

    We know you want a fantasy world of Oz, that is why we made the movie Crocodile Dundee, an Oz fantasy for the American audience. And guess what, they bought it. And we laughed all the way to the bank.

  8. #78
    Post Human Post Qlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    C'mon, c'mon, you mean I can't tell you beautiful lies about Oz. I mean, how would you know the difference.
    Yeah, you're right, how in the world would I know the difference?

  9. #79
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,546

    Default

    I mean you believe the beautiful lies about Carl Gustav Jung. You believe the beautiful lies about mbti. So why wouldn't you believe beautiful lies about Oz?

    I feel sure you would follow me up the Yellow Brick Road to visit the Wizard of Oz, so I am sure you would follow me up the garden path to visit the Great South Land, Terra Australis, and come to believe in Australia Felix.

  10. #80
    Post Human Post Qlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    I mean you believe the beautiful lies about Carl Gustav Jung. You believe the beautiful lies about mbti. So why wouldn't you believe beautiful lies about Oz?

    I feel sure you would follow me up the Yellow Brick Road to visit the Wizard of Oz, so I am sure you would follow me up the garden path to visit the Great South Land, Terra Australis, and come to believe in Australia Felix.
    Hah, mole, you're trying to prestidigitate and dazzle yourself out of the fact that if speaking well of your country is Narcissism and playground antics, like you said, then you're the best example of it. blah blah blah

Similar Threads

  1. Pick Your Top 3 Favorite Shows. And Explain Why
    By AveryFB in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-06-2017, 10:32 PM
  2. Please explain why your country sucks.
    By Habba in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 10-23-2014, 10:03 PM
  3. Why is your country of type X?
    By UnitOfPopulation in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-02-2009, 04:20 AM
  4. Personality traits most valued in your country?
    By autumn in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 10-29-2008, 10:53 PM
  5. Why your diet may not be working like you want...
    By sdalek in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-03-2007, 08:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO