User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

I agree with the ruling, I did think he was stepping over the line when he did this. I mean, it's unianimous so how could you not. No ambiguity on this one. I distinctly remember thinking "errrrrhh this is gonna bite him in the ass, the GOP is going to be livid and sue over this, I know it". That said, it's clear why he did it. The GOP's sole primary goal is to cockblock anything the current administration does by any means necessary. They were taking loopholes to prevent this so there was absolutely no way to get anything done.

The best thing that came out of the ruling is the change made to those little "gavel in gavel out" loopholes that kept this from being able to happen in the first place. It's an obvious trick that shouldn't be allowed, and now it's not.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Elocute
    Same extremism.
    I've said nothing extreme unless you think facts are extreme. You're not willing to admit what's staring you directly in the face: this president is an idiot and he's a pathological liar and he's grossly, unimaginably incompetent, dangerously so.

Economy is not static; if this were the case economists would be nothing but historians. A mess of an economy can mean a multidude of things, from a multidude of causes. As with all messes, there are severities, and even within these severities, there are types that are more rectifiable than others. This is seen anywhere in nature, which by most accounts, abides science and logic.
    This economic mess can be traced directly to stupid policies like Obamacare, which punishes employers for hiring more than 50 employees. The CBO said it's a job killer (2.5 million jobs lost over 10 years, excluding the jobs lost from the medical devices tax). What you're doing is blaming everything but the most obvious candidates which as usual are : overtaxation and over-regulation.

It takes, sometimes, near mathematical genius to work with the variables of an economy, and under pretty much all Presidents, economic suggestions come from these economists. As such, I can't compare one mess to another.
    Mostly nonsense. Go read Art Laffer's "The End of Prosperity". We know exactly what creates economic growth and jobs. What you are unwilling to admit is that this president doesn't want to create prosperity; he wants to grow government and create dependency. Why else would he deep-six the Keystone Pipeline and try to bankrupt the coal industry?
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    spso

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    I've said nothing extreme unless you think facts are extreme. You're not willing to admit what's staring you directly in the face: this president is an idiot and he's a pathological liar and he's grossly, unimaginably incompetent, dangerously so.

This economic mess can be traced directly to stupid policies like Obamacare, which punishes employers for hiring more than 50 employees. The CBO said it's a job killer (2.5 million jobs lost over 10 years, excluding the jobs lost from the medical devices tax). What you're doing is blaming everything but the most obvious candidates which as usual are : overtaxation and over-regulation.

Mostly nonsense. Go read Art Laffer's "The End of Prosperity". We know exactly what creates economic growth and jobs. What you are unwilling to admit is that this president doesn't want to create prosperity; he wants to grow government and create dependency. Why else would he deep-six the Keystone Pipeline and try to bankrupt the coal industry?
    Yeah, same guy. The health thread was a tip off ,but now it's obvious. Why don't you join something more appropos? Or are you trying to still data mine to know how to class liberals? I've had people tell me of this futility. So yeah that first part of my post; that time has come. Buenos Noches.

And I'll leave you with one more thing to play with: I'm centrist.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

I'm disappointed but not surprised. Short on facts; just ad hominems.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

Worst since WWII? Seriously? No. Just no. Carter, Bush Sr, Bush Jr, Reagan, Clinton all arguably worse.

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Elocute View Post

And I'll leave you with one more thing to play with: I'm centrist.
    Really? It's a fact that everyone who doesn't think Bush was the most awesome president ever is an unapologetic Stalinist.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    DEUS

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    False.

The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) estimates that the legislation, on net, will reduce the amount of labor used in the economy by a small amount—roughly half a percent—primarily by reducing the amount of labor that workers choose to supply.
    Infobox 2.1, p. 48 in The Budget and Economic Outlook: An Update.

Overall it sounds like the the ACA will lead to an increase in the quality of life for Americans. Good for you.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Adam
    Adam
    We wrote in the report: “The reduction in CBO’s projections of hours worked represents a decline in the number of full-time-equivalent workers of about 2.0 million in 2017, rising to about 2.5 million in 2024 … The decline in full-time-equivalent employment stemming from the ACA will consist of some people not being employed at all and other people working fewer hours; however, CBO has not tried to quantify those two components of the overall effect.”
    Frequently Asked Questions About CBO’s Estimates of the Labor Market Effects of the Affordable Care Act

Ok, fair enough. It's not 2.5 million jobs lost but it is some jobs lost (still a job killer); the CBO says some of the decline is due to "people not being employed" (jobs lost) and other people choosing to work fewer hours.

Overall it sounds like the the ACA will lead to an increase in the quality of life for Americans. Good for you.
    Why would you think this will work any better than the Veterans Administration? Also, does it make sense that flooding the market with new patients while incentivizing doctors to retire will increase the quality of care?

For lack of a more related thread, I am posting this here.

Obama feels like an ENFJ to me. Any thoughts?

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    For lack of a more related thread, I am posting this here.

Obama feels like an ENFJ to me. Any thoughts?
    Barack & Michelle Obama's Type
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”