User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    It will be interesting to see if the expansive interpretation of executive authority under the current administration will be expanded under future presidents. Who in all likelihood will not be of the current presiden's party.
    It's much more important to defend the current president than to think about the future.

Oh, hey look at that... Harry Reid is about to close on an important infrastructure deal proposed by those impossible partisan tea party people.

Obama lacks creativity and the ability to make deals. Actually, I take that back. It's not a matter of ability. He's a smart man and I'm sure he could put together good deals. I just think his ego won't let him.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Polls tend to shit on whoever is president.
    I'm sure if Romney were president, he'd be getting the same kind of suckage.

The country is also far more polarized than it was in the past.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    spso

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    Obama is so partisan that the only way he can get his radical agenda passed is if he has a near super majority in Congress or by issuing EOs and asking his cabinet members to ignore the law. Only 2.5 more years before this lawless donkey is tossed aside.

Here's a quick recap of the first 6 years:

and

Obama, while I agree is not the best president, walked into a term in which the fire that would continue to destroy the economy was already well-lit. Economists, many of whom are venerated, were scrambling to find a way to fix this. It is something that may even persist a few presidents after Obama, regardless of the party they may belong.

I do fault him for luring the public into thinking that such a debt could be remided so easily, but I strongly doubt the near sunken ship would've went afloat very easily or quickly at all

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    If Obama has made the fewest executive orders in 100 years, but they've been overturned less by the supreme court, and perhaps responded to less by the legislator, is that not a problem with those two bodies, and not the president? Stranger still, a majority of supreme court justices are Republican appointees, and the House has been controlled by Republicans for all but two years of Obama's presidency, so it's not like the rest of the government has been in his pocket, exactly.

Honestly, I didn't know about Obama's record until recently, and it made me think better of him. To avoid ramping up the use of EOs when stuck with a congress that is determined to keep anything from happening, that takes restraint.
    Everything makes you think better of Obama.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

His polling numbers seem to be better than Bush was at this point, and Bush had a better economy.

Granted, the expectations of him as a president were very overblown (and I never bought into them, anyway). But IMO, he's less shitty than the other president I had when I was of voting age. Damning with faint praise, I know.

Obama Gallup Polls

(Bush Gallup Polls ... look at the numbers for 2006)

Whether this will make a difference in the midterms is an open question.

I also like looking at his numbers in 2003. He had very high approval ratings going into the Iraq war, higher than Obama ever enjoyed.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

obama worst president since wwii - Google Search
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Elocute
    Obama, while I agree is not the best president, walked into a term in which the fire that would continue to destroy the economy was already well-lit.
    This donkey has no leadership qualities. His surrogates play the race card, the gender card, the class warfare card, etc.
    This donkey has doubled the number of people on foodstamps. The last quarter saw the economy shrink by 2.9% thanks to his stupid policies like Obamacare. This donkey has made a mess of Iraq; he's encouraged undocumented Democrats to flood the border states.

Defenders of this donkey can provide every excuse in the book, but Reagan inherited a mess from Carter and he fixed it; Obama's made things worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345
    obama worst president since wwii
    I've been saying this for years; it's about time the rest of the nation caught up with me.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

I'm going to wake up one of these mornings, look out the window & either seriously question the nature of reality or concede that life really does imitate art.

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/K...uuf5TrTo_l.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-WA0_JadLeD...racy-w1280.jpg

http://pollexworld.com/anudrake/Anu/idiocracy.gif
    http://theuniversalspectator.files.w.../idiocracy.jpg
    Progressive Liberals are puppets for billionaire globalists that are stealing America's wealth.

The comparison between Obama & Camacho is more to make light of the "dumbing down" of Americans.
    I had read a funny articles a couple years ago, have a laugh if you dare.
    The Mermaid's Tale: Idiocracy is always looming, but not because of genes

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    spso

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    This donkey has no leadership qualities. His surrogates play the race card, the gender card, the class warfare card, etc.
    This donkey has doubled the number of people on foodstamps. The last quarter saw the economy shrink by 2.9% thanks to his stupid policies like Obamacare. This donkey has made a mess of Iraq; he's encouraged undocumented Democrats to flood the border states.

Defenders of this donkey can provide every excuse in the book, but Reagan inherited a mess from Carter and he fixed it; Obama's made things worse.

I've been saying this for years; it's about time the rest of the nation caught up with me.
    I think you're also on PerC under a different name? Same extremism. If so, I think I'll just get tired of arguing, upon which you'll take it as a victory or agreement: Anyway:

Economy is not static; if this were the case economists would be nothing but historians. A mess of an economy can mean a multidude of things, from a multidude of causes. As with all messes, there are severities, and even within these severities, there are types that are more rectifiable than others. This is seen anywhere in nature, which by most accounts, abides science and logic.

For example, certain forms of cancer have near identical prognoses; however, some of those cancers may be simpler to remediate than others. I think some people think that Presidents are near monachs. Presidents are not often mathematicians. It takes, sometimes, near mathematical genius to work with the variables of an economy, and under pretty much all Presidents, economic suggestions come from these economists. As such, I can't compare one mess to another.

As to race? I think it was part of the platform .I saw blacks in cities state that they were voting for him because they wanted a role model or a relation to the President. This should definitely not be the central issue, but it was to some blacks. Likewise, in some slightly (and some equally blatant) ways, the Republican party used the race card just as much, just towards another ends. The "anything but black" comittee was just as strong in many , and they were also very visible on television. This included sometimes whole cities in some southern and southern-like northern states.

I think Obama is a very odd president; I'm not ready to say he is the worst. But he is the most commercialized, which is in part his doing--but largely due to the influx of social media from 2008-2010. I'm not sure if Romney would have done any better, either. He seemed to have chancy goals and objectives, as well. This current state of the economy is puzzling real, true-blue scientists, and if it's no easy feat for them, I can't expect much at all immediate, from either party at this time.