User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    Africa and Asia need to lower their birth rates, which are in places over 4. Europe and North America are under 2, so need to raise them.
    Then you actually do not want birth rates/fertility to remain stable, do you?

There is no such thing as a free society, but if there was, it would certainly look a lot different to countries with CCTV everywhere, government control of education, and censorship of the media, internet and individuals' political rights. Nobody is free, it is completely relative.
    That is a matter of definition.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Then you actually do not want birth rates/fertility to remain stable, do you?
    Where did I say that I did? I have mentioned a number of times around the forum that I think white, Western women need to prioritise having children more. Selective memory...

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Those in the know talking about the decline of marriage fear an increasingly bifurcated society between the married haves, and the unmarried (out of wedlock child rearing) have nots.

Where did I say that I did? I have mentioned a number of times around the forum that I think white, Western women need to prioritise having children more. Selective memory...
    I inferred it from this statement:

I wouldn't have any concern at all about marriage rates declining as long as fertility remained stable.

Unfortunately, this is not the case.
    A fair inference, I think.

Default Oh really?

Edit: You know what, how about I just not. I'll own posting it, but I'm just going to walk away now.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I think there is actually quite a bit vocalization IRT a shift in marriage and family culture that is happening at the very least in the younger generations in the US, relating to the economic factors Ivy discussed as well as women waiting longer to have children, and the "emerging adulthood" phase that is beginning to be cemented in the human lifespan. It does make sense that as our lifespans increase, more life phases come into play, and that they will tend to emerge as a slow economy hinders rapid progression into financial independence, which alongside marriage has been a hallmark of adulthood.

As for its lasting impact... It will be interesting to see. People having children later, yes, though that is already happening. More single parents, maybe changes in legal/social structure to be more oriented to individuals and less benefits to married couples... Personally I hope for the dissolution of legal marriage, but that's a can of worms. I think pair bonding is very human, but marriage as the institution it currently is in the United States seems to be a bit of an archaic thing. Uneven legal benefits and not really a logical course of action in a lot of situations. I think young people are seeing that and feeling increasingly less compelled to marry young if at all. I assume we will see more shifts in the structure and definition of marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowPage View Post
    Sooo...we're just going to walk right past this?
    Yes, but only because his general views are already well known. I introduced world population trends just to fuck with his nationalist approach to the topic.

Oh, I see. Thanks for clarifying!
    Welp, now that it's obvious that I'm a total newbie, I'll just keep it moving.
    Feeling - Sensing sort of person.

Team Water-Earth signs

http://www.dragonflycave.com/typequizpoison.gif http://www.dragonflycave.com/typequizunknown.gif

Hehe, I've never had a signature before!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

In the minds of most people marriage and children are associated, so it makes little practical sense smashing marriage if you want more children to be born. Macro thinking.

To elaborate: I have nothing against marriage intrinsically but as men get a seriously raw deal out of it atm, I don't feel like rushing into it, even if I want kids.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowPage View Post
    Sooo...we're just going to walk right past this? Why exactly would the matter of birth rate distribution across different Continents be relevant to this discussion when Marriage is hardly a prerequisite for having children? And what do you care what the average birth rates are worldwide when the discussion is about reasons young people get married in a specific (heretofore implied but not clarified) context? Seems more than a little racist, not to mention misogynist, to focus matters onto how many children white women are having when they have so much more going on in their lives. Besides, if you're going to jump into this discussion to talk about how you think birth rates should look worldwide, how about also talking about the factors surrounding those birth rates? Infant mortality rates, pre- and post- natal care, the socioeconomic circumstances amongst different peoples and plenty more. But no, just leaving your statements like that looks plenty bothersome.

Edit: You know what, how about I just not. I'll own posting it, but I'm just going to walk away now.
    Time after time I see people post that the world is overpopulated and needs less people, that having less children is a good thing.

In reality, some ethnicities/races need to have less children and others more to restore an equilibrium. Because it is the third world that is responsible for overpopulation and increasingly, pollution and environmental damage, instead of addressing the issues in a rational way people like you get all emotional and start calling names - a sure sign that you don't have any solutions to the problem.

White people do need to have more children, now more than ever, simply as a safety buffer against immigration.