First 3456 Last

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Conduit
    which Coulter spews in spades.
    Coulter is known for being obnoxious, not for making false claims. I'm highly skeptical of this charge.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

Sheep pill, broster asynartetic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    Coulter is known for being obnoxious, not for making false claims. I'm highly skeptical of this charge.
    She is a fact checker's wet dream.

Breaking news: Serious interest in Ann Coulter a sign of a person's intellectual depravity.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Breaking news: Serious interest in Ann Coulter a sign of a person's intellectual depravity.
    Ann is a good entertainer who knows just the right buttons to press.

Enneagram

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

@Forever_Jung Thanks for the clip. I wasn't aware of this controversy, but it appears that Coulter was correct:

Coulter: “Canada used to be one of our most loyal friends and vice-versa. I mean Canada sent troops to Vietnam – was Vietnam less containable and more of a threat than Saddam Hussein?”

McKeown interrupts: “Canada didn’t send troops to Vietnam.”

Coulter: “I don’t think that’s right.”

In 1973 the International Commission of Control and Supervision Vietnam (ICCS) was responsible for securing the armistice that lasted two years from 1973 to 1975, known as Operation Gallant. Canada, a member of the commission, contributed 240 Canadian Forces whose role was to monitor the cease-fire in South Vietnam, according to the Paris Peace Conference, and to arrange the release and exchange of more than 32,000 prisoners of war. In addition, ten to forty thousand Canadians, voluntarily served in Vietnam or during the Vietnam era with the American military, of whom 111 Canadians, were lost. One Canadian soldier, Toronto born Peter C. Lemon, won the Congressional Medal of Honor.
    Ann Coulter Was Right!
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

Ann Coulter Was Right!
    Nah, Canada didn't send troops to fight in the war against the Vietnamese, rather Canadians fought in the war, killing 3.1 million Vietnamese.

Enneagram

@Forever_Jung Thanks for the clip. I wasn't aware of this controversy, but it appears that Coulter was correct:

Coulter: “Canada used to be one of our most loyal friends and vice-versa. I mean Canada sent troops to Vietnam – was Vietnam less containable and more of a threat than Saddam Hussein?”

McKeown interrupts: “Canada didn’t send troops to Vietnam.”

Coulter: “I don’t think that’s right.”

Ann Coulter Was Right!
    Well, not really. The Canadians who did fight in the Vietnam war weren't "sent" by Canada, they were volunteers. Canada was officially non-belligerent. And the limited amount of soldiers who WERE sent to Vietnam from 73-75, weren't sent to fight in the war, they were there to help enforce the Paris Peace accords. To say we sent troops to help American's fight the war is a gross misrepresentation of the facts.

Sheep pill, broster asynartetic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    Well, not really. The Canadians who did fight in the Vietnam war weren't "sent" by Canada, they were volunteers. Canada was officially non-belligerent. And the limited amount of soldiers who WERE sent to Vietnam from 73-75, weren't sent to fight in the war, they were there to help enforce the Paris Peace accords. To say we sent troops to help American's fight the war is a gross misrepresentation of the facts.
    Political zealots are good at doing that to facts.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung
    Well, not really. The Canadians who did fight in the Vietnam war weren't "sent" by Canada, they were volunteers.
    According to Wikipedia:

Between January 28, 1973 and July 31, 1973, Canada provided 240 peacekeeping troops to Operation Gallant, the peace keeping operation associated with the International Commission of Control and Supervision (ICCS) Vietnam, along with Hungary, Indonesia, and Poland.[42] Their role was to monitor the cease-fire in South Vietnam per the Paris Peace Accords.[43] After Canada’s departure from the Commission, it was replaced by Iran.
    This sure sounds like Canada sent troops.