User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 53

  1. #31
    Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx
    Posts
    2,396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Conduit View Post
    Quick, summon Tellenbach.
    This only works if you sacrifice a "feeler" first.

    NOT IT
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

  2. #32
    untitled Chanaynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,151

    Default

    Did Ann Coulter even watch Amanda Bynes in She's the Man? How uncultured. Disgusting.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so


  3. #33
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,536

    Default

    Today we see entertainment is politics.

    We see this with the right/conservative entertainer Ann Coulter; and on the other end of the political spectrum for gun control, we see the entertainer/politician Meryl Streep.

  4. #34
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    The funny thing is that football is probably the most progressive sport. They change rules all the time and there's just not the same respect for historic players like you see in baseball. Even the economics of football is progressive with salary caps and profit-sharing.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iglesia_Maradoniana

  5. #35
    LL P. Stewie Beorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,805

    Default

    Now that's reverence!
    We'll never have a church of OJ Simpson.

  6. #36
    Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx
    Posts
    2,396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post

    George Carlin was awesome, I miss his humor I wonder what he'd have to say about USA winning a couple soccer games and all the brouhaha, if anything.

    I'm a football fan, if I had to choose but what's funny is underneath all the manliness of football is how homoerotic it can be. Buncha guys running around in tights and then they all get into a 3 point stance with their ass in the air. The quarterback puts his hands under the ass of the center and the ball is snapped. The quarterback in an effort to penetrate the opponents defense may hand the ball to the tail-back (ball handling specialist) who may perform an end around or the quarterback may pass the ball to a tight-end or a wide-receiver. Then all the defense chases the person with the ball and if he is tackled other defensive players rush to gang-tackle him and a pile ensues. If someone makes it into the erogenous end zone he is immediately praised by teammates with helmet taps, chest bumps, ass slappings and sometimes hugs. When it's all said and done they all get naked and have a communal shower together.


    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

  7. #37
    deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    3,953

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Conduit
    Quick, summon Tellenbach.
    I'd be happy to explain Coulter. I've read 3 of her books; she's a satirist. She makes a living poking lefties with sticks and they fall for it every time. One of the reasons she does this is to point out hypocrisy from the left. In this example, she's probably trying to show how similiarly stupid comments from lefty commentators (lefties are starting to attack football in the US) are overlooked and in some cases, praised. Look for a full explanation in her next book.

    Personally, I'm not a fan; she supported Mittens over more conservative/libertarian candidates and she supported the rino Chris Christie. Still, she's smarter and more informed than every lefty commentator on TV. Anyone got a handle on her MBTI type? I'm guessing INTJ.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

  8. #38
    Sheep pill, broster asynartetic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    10,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    I'd be happy to explain Coulter. I've read 3 of her books; she's a satirist. She makes a living poking lefties with sticks and they fall for it every time. One of the reasons she does this is to point out hypocrisy from the left. In this example, she's probably trying to show how similiarly stupid comments from lefty commentators (lefties are starting to attack football in the US) are overlooked and in some cases, praised. Look for a full explanation in her next book.

    Personally, I'm not a fan; she supported Mittens over more conservative/libertarian candidates and she supported the rino Chris Christie. Still, she's smarter and more informed than every lefty commentator on TV. Anyone got a handle on her MBTI type? I'm guessing INTJ.
    Everything you said is right except possibly the bolded bit--John Stewart, possibly smarter and equally (if not more) informed (difficult to tell when a host like him has a whole staff of writers and fact checkers at his disposal but it's obvious he is quite intelligent and quick witted--qualites which at least one of which Mann Coulter rarely displays), and Colbert both do a far better job of proper satire. She's still an idiot. She thought Canada fought in Vietnam and made an ass of herself on nat'l TV claiming this in an interview. That wasn't satire or poking fun, it was just pure lack of knowledge and facts, and it was plainly obvious.

    She also looks like a f--king self-hating tranny.

  9. #39
    deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    3,953

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Conduit
    John Stewart, possibly smarter and equally (if not more) informed (difficult to tell when a host like him has a whole staff of writers and fact checkers at his disposal but it's obvious he is quite intelligent and quick witted--qualites which at least one of which Mann Coulter rarely displays)
    Stewart has said some pretty stupid things as well. Remember the "Harry Truman is a war criminal" comment? He apologized after learning that most of the nation disagreed with him.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

  10. #40
    Sheep pill, broster asynartetic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    10,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    Stewart has said some pretty stupid things as well. Remember the "Harry Truman is a war criminal" comment? He apologized after learning that most of the nation disagreed with him.
    Agree or not, that's a bit different than an outright false claim, which Coulter spews in spades. Stewart's comment is ultimately a statement of opinion.

Similar Threads

  1. WHat got you interested in MBTI?
    By animenagai in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 10-13-2008, 11:48 PM
  2. [NF] anybody interested in being a scientist in Astronomy?
    By niki in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-13-2008, 10:03 PM
  3. For those interested in Computer Architecture...
    By ygolo in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 09-03-2008, 12:44 AM
  4. How long have you been studying/interested in MBTI or Personality Theory?
    By dnivera in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-18-2008, 07:09 AM
  5. [ENTP] ENTP interested in increasing his J "competencies"
    By MrRost in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-27-2008, 01:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO