First 1234 Last

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

That woman spews more bullshit than a cow with clostridium difficile!
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Ann Coulter On The World Cup: ‘Growing Interest In Soccer A Sign Of The Nation’s Moral Decay’

Ann Coulter, the queen of mean (even though that's really reserved for Leona Helmsley) in my opinion, is at it again with her incorrect and overuse of "logic". To take a small excerpt:

My first reaction was:

Even from Ann Coulter this is rediculous. My second thought was:

So let us all have a collective point and laugh at Ann Coulter and anyone who agrees with her on this .
    I see her as a comedian dressed as a political pundit, saying things that people think, but dare not voice for fear of backlash, a useful endeavor if only for the occasional WTF?! laughs. FTR I disagree with most if not all of her "politics".

She's hit the nail on the head though in one regard: American's Favorite National Pastime: Hate soccer. I'd agree that most Americans don't like soccer compared to other sports, even going so far as to disdain it, BUT I must disagree with her obvious exaggeration, i.e. that it's our Favorite National Pastime. This would first require that "we" first care enough about soccer to then have an opinion of it.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Ann Coulter sells outrageous shit to the public. We just bought.
    I'm starting to agree with this. The stupidity is so creative, it must be generated by someone with a sense of self-awareness.

Quote Originally Posted by Ann Coulter
    O.K., they are back. What are these substitutions? In legitimate American sports, everyone plays the entire game, and then they all die of wounds and exhaustion afterward. These quitters are why we’re a second-rate power.
    This is practically satire. It sounds like something Stephen Colbert would say.

If she actually believed this, it means she has strong opinions in favor of American sports without actually knowing anything about them. (Football and basketball both have substitutions. I'm sure hockey must, as well. Even fucking baseball, the most boring game on the planet, has substitutions. And while legs have evidently come off, actual deaths appear to be thankfully, quite rare. )
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

USA Party politics are foreign to me but I can clearly see that Ann Coulter is reliably entertaining.

And today in the electric media on TV, entertainment is politics.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    I'm starting to agree with this. The stupidity is so creative, it must be generated by someone with a sense of self-awareness.
    I particularly thought this barb at the very end was quite ingenious.

"If more "Americans" are watching soccer today, it's only because of the demographic switch effected by Teddy Kennedy's 1965 immigration law. I promise you: No American whose great-grandfather was born here is watching soccer. One can only hope that, in addition to learning English, these new Americans will drop their soccer fetish with time."
    She's getting in an anti Kennedy dig while injecting immigration into the equation. Then whips out a True Scotsmen followed by a very real concern some centrists and most right'ists have with immigration, the unwillingness/willingness of certain immigrant groups to assimilate via learning English, with a small dig at soccer by calling it a fetish :P.

Vitriol indeed, but quite craftily done with just enough over the top humor to make it pass within certain demographics.

All I gotta say about soccer is, ask 20 Americans (preferably men, since I think they are more likely to be more polarized, imo) who are "into" sports and ask them what they think of Soccer. I'd wager that you will find a "lite" version of some of the things Ann Coulter said in a good sized minority, if not simple majority.

P.S. Sorry @Hard
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Eh, I'm not going to give up any points to Ann Coulter, she's just a female version of Rush Limbaugh. But I will say that it's only during today's game have I ever heard so American Liberals chant "USA!". Amusing as heck.
    Did you watch the 2013 WCQ's Mexico vs. USA 0-3, eliminating Mexico from the WC, beating them at their home stadium. Notice the fences around the "visitor" area, lmao. Good idea!

I'm not a soccer or sports fan for that matter, but my ESFP coworker is a soccer fanatic (Ann C. would call him a fetishist, hehe) and "made" me watch it with him at work.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Just watched a Visa ~ Fifa world cup commercial on you tube. At 0:30 Bob Geldof (French) guy says "The only way to escape futbol is the United States I guess."

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by SpankyMcFly View Post
    I particularly thought this barb at the very end was quite ingenious.

She's getting in an anti Kennedy dig while injecting immigration into the equation. Then whips out a True Scotsmen followed by a very real concern some centrists and most right'ists have with immigration, the unwillingness/willingness of certain immigrant groups to assimilate via learning English, with a small dig at soccer by calling it a fetish :P.

Vitriol indeed, but quite craftily done with just enough over the top humor to make it pass within certain demographics.

All I gotta say about soccer is, ask 20 Americans (preferably men, since I think they are more likely to be more polarized, imo) who are "into" sports and ask them what they think of Soccer. I'd wager that you will find a "lite" version of some of the things Ann Coulter said in a good sized minority, if not simple majority.

Soccer isn't as interesting as basketball, and it doesn't have the strategy of American football (which I can respect, even if the name makes no sense.) but it's a hell of a lot more interesting than baseball. Baseball is America's national pasttime, supposedly, and all of the complaints that people seem to make about soccer are a hundred times worse with baseball, except for the fact that it doesn't end in a tie (though it can stretch on indefinitely without anyone scoring). 80% of baseball consists of players standing in the same spot, and somehow soccer is the fake sport?

American football is a rougher game, but soccer always has movement going on, which is why I find it more enjoyable to watch. I think American football is more interesting to watch than baseball, though. The up-and-down nature of basketball trumps them all.

This is not really relevant to any point I'm making, but I find it amusing:

[Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

Just average republican bullshit. She would have done great in Nazi-Germany.
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

She's absolutely right.
    I FEEL ALRIGHT