User Tag List

First 3456 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Yes, exactly^ and ^^

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Why would anyone in extreme emotional distress even go on her show?
    Could be a number of reasons. Exposure and fundings, like Jennifer mentioned, sound like two plausible ones.

Apparently only one of them actually appeared on the show, a mother whose child had been kidnapped, so exposure would be a good bet there. The other was attacked with unwarranted vitriol after she accidentally killed her infant son. Nancy Grace seems to enjoy kicking people who are already down on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Her fiancée was murdered when she was much younger, which is why she became a lawyer and a supporter of the rights of victims. I can appreciate that, and to a degree I even admire it, but she frequently crosses the line with unwarranted viciousness. I've always wondered how much the trauma of her fiancée's murder clouds not only her perception, but also her judgment.
    You would think that would lend her some empathy for people going through familial trauma. Since she doesn't seem capable of this, and even blasts them with such virulence, I suspect her experience still lies emotionally unresolved.
    I FEEL ALRIGHT

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Ann Coulter and Nancy Grace?

More threads about people who aren't worthless, please.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    You would think that would lend her some empathy for people going through familial trauma.
    Absolutely.

Are you familiar with John Walsh's story? There's a guy who suffered greatly because of his son's kidnapping and murder. As a result, he went on to host the TV show, America's Most Wanted. He's been visibly empathetic toward parents who have suffered the loss of a child. Personality wise, he's definitely assertive but nothing like Nancy Disgrace.

Permabanned

everytime i've turned nancy grace on...all i was thinking was "why is this lady yelling at me?".

i've given her a chance...i kept her on for 10 whole minutes once...but she came across as overly accusatory. too bad about her fiancee.

as for this story, something seems off.

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I didn't watch the video...is this the same story?

Missing Mich. boy: Stepmom put me in the basement | KING5.com Seattle

If so, damn...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by xisnotx View Post
    everytime i've turned nancy grace on...all i was thinking was "why is this lady yelling at me?".

i've given her a chance...i kept her on for 10 whole minutes once...but she came across as overly accusatory. too bad about her fiancee.

as for this story, something seems off.
    lol@"why is this lady yelling at me?" That's exactly how I feel when I watch her.

My sister and I used to watch her for kicks, when she was on Court TV and pretty new I guess. We thought her dramatic delivery was hilarious- and for a while we couldn't figure out why whenever she introduced a video clip she would stare off to one side before the station cut to the clip, until we realized that was where her monitor was to view the clip herself. That was almost disappointing, though- it was funnier to think that when she finished talking, she just gazed dramatically in a certain direction.

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    Two women who both lost their children and appeared on Nancy Grace's show killed themselves after she harshly condemned them on national television under a time of extreme emotional distress.

Excuse me if the word 'cunt' offended your fragile sensibilities. But she is a cunt.
    I ask myself, if a man engaged in the same behaviors and treated the women like Nancy Grace did and they then went on to commit suicide, how do you think people would handle it? Where is the immune response to this kinda behavior? Why is she getting a "pass".
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I just thought I'd point out that there is evidence that Nancy Grace has lied about some of the details of her fiance's death.

Did Nancy Grace, TV Crimebuster, Muddy Her Myth? | New York Observer

For someone who grills guests over the most meaningless details, she sure plays fast and loose with the truth when it comes to her own life story.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I just thought I'd point out that there is evidence that Nancy Grace has lied about some of the details of her fiance's death.

Did Nancy Grace, TV Crimebuster, Muddy Her Myth? | New York Observer

For someone who grills guests over the most meaningless details, she sure plays fast and loose with the truth when it comes to her own life story.
    Thanks Lateralus.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft