User Tag List

First 789101119 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Yes, men will stare. But we will stare a lot more, and a lot longer, at bare breasted women. Furthermore; I know that the women pushing this are spiteful and will promptly turn around and call us creeps for looking. How do I know that? All the talk on this thread about conditioning men out of our supposedly learned behaviour which is offensive to women, and that there is a stubborn refusal to accept any biological explanations for said behaviour, might be a start. It hasn't occurred to the cohort of feminists here that men can have instinctive responses to our environment. It just can't be natural that I might have an automatic reaction to that girl leaning against the pole, notice her breasts sagging, and be consumed by lustful thoughts No, I'm a creep, a "misogynist" and have been indoctrinated by old pedophiles into viewing women as objects.

This is, of course, convenient for you, as the problem then isn't women being naive about male sexuality, it's my views and I (along with almost all men) need to be "cured". That is a big insult to all the men out there; your husband, dad, brother...but you didn't think of that. Don't worry, I'm here to do the thinking for you.

It might be worth bearing in mind the degree to which I consider you my intellectual and moral inferiors. When there are so many critical issues worth protesting - a flawed economic system, government surveillance, immigration, just to mention three - you whine about not being to show breasts How many threads have any of you started on the above issues I just mentioned, or even commented on them? Do you even think about them at all?!?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    How many threads have any of you started on the above issues I just mentioned, or even commented on them? Do you even think about them at all?!?
    And yet you're here, posting continuously in the boobie thread, instead of making the world a better place by starting threads on a typology forum about immigration..
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I'd say equality and mutual respect between living beings in general, with this being a sample of that, is certainly worth addressing and likely to help address and support other issues in the world. That said, Im good with other people focusing on those as they're certainly important.

As for intellectually superior and what not - ime, most people are in some way 'superior' and 'inferior' to others as they have different strengths, different intelligences that they focus on and are drawn to develop, and all of them are needed in this world. It doesn't invalidate their opinions, preferences in life or contributions. It's easier though, to dismiss those that focus on things we don't care about and dismiss them. It costs energy to actually be interested in things that we don't see the point of (yet).

As for me, I'd like to not get arrested just coz a someone saw me tanning in my own yard or on the beach and I happen to be female. It would be a nice start to getting rid of this ridiculous notion that there is somehow something inherently sexual (and therefore wrong) about a naked body of one specific gender. If I can control my hormones and not jump some guy for flashing his delicious shoulders at me, they surely can do the same. Granted, they might not want to. That's a different matter.

Meanwhile, we've already made great progress, judging by those pics posted earlier. And considering that in victorian times, showing your *ankle* as a woman got you labelled as asking for it and lewd behaviour, I'd say we've already come a long way and I'm sure we'll go the distance eventually.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

There are some primitive tribes where women do not cover their breasts.

What's the situation in those societies, in terms of men-women interaction?

Yes, men will stare. But we will stare a lot more, and a lot longer, at bare breasted women. Furthermore; I know that the women pushing this are spiteful and will promptly turn around and call us creeps for looking. How do I know that? All the talk on this thread about conditioning men out of our supposedly learned behaviour which is offensive to women, and that there is a stubborn refusal to accept any biological explanations for said behaviour, might be a start. It hasn't occurred to the cohort of feminists here that men can have instinctive responses to our environment. It just can't be natural that I might have an automatic reaction to that girl leaning against the pole, notice her breasts sagging, and be consumed by lustful thoughts No, I'm a creep, a "misogynist" and have been indoctrinated by old pedophiles into viewing women as objects.

This is, of course, convenient for you, as the problem then isn't women being naive about male sexuality, it's my views and I (along with almost all men) need to be "cured". That is a big insult to all the men out there; your husband, dad, brother...but you didn't think of that. Don't worry, I'm here to do the thinking for you.

It might be worth bearing in mind the degree to which I consider you my intellectual and moral inferiors. When there are so many critical issues worth protesting - a flawed economic system, government surveillance, immigration, just to mention three - you whine about not being to show breasts How many threads have any of you started on the above issues I just mentioned, or even commented on them? Do you even think about them at all?!?

Ask yourself why you address 'the cohort of feminists' rather than any individual poster, why you counter arguments nobody has made, and why people find it difficult to take you seriously.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

no one is saying you men need to learn not to be aroused when spotting an attractive topless chick. that's not what it's about.

and others have mentioned that we like seeing attractive shirtless dudes too...but...we can refrain from attacking them.

why should there be a double standard?

just asking out of curiosity. i don't particularly care to go topless. i already feel completely naked in a bikini.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    yupp

I feel like if women walked around topeless and men bottomless it just be like "eh whatever" we;d be desensitized but right now we're brain washed to be obsessed with those characteristics. men would see 100966s of boobs all the time and eventually it just be like seeing our ankles. i'm sure before ankles were legal there were conversations like this.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    There are some primitive tribes where women do not cover their breasts.

What's the situation in those societies, in terms of men-women interaction?
    Pretty varied.

It appears to be a standard argument in Saudi Arabia that if women were to cover themselves less than they do, men would be incapable of resisting the temptation of acting on their sexual urges right then and there. But of course, in the USA, women are typically much less covered than the women in Saudi Arabia, and we U.S. men generally maintain proper form in spite of seeing womens' faces, necks, arms, legs, etc... The conventional wisdom of Saudi conservatives does not seem to play out.

I imagine it would be entirely the same if women were to go completely nude. If it were done immediately, it would be strange to this generation, but people, including heterosexual males, would get over it in time.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Ohh, this happened in Brazil recently:

(potentially nsfw, breasts are shown)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSHlFgqxbro#t=103

Her words, translated:

--------------

I guess it's sort of legally allowed here already, but the point is, it takes much more than a law allowing it for people to see it as something normal/socially acceptable.

Currently, women who actually show their breasts seem to primarily interested in drawing attention to their feminist causes via shock value ('take that, society!'), which is something I don't support.

But that's just me, ofc.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

w.t.f.

she's on crack , yes?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison