User Tag List

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Should women be allowed to be topless in public?

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    (I believe Lexicon posted a .gif of a guy without his shirt in a bus banging into a woman's face with his bare, sweaty beer belly)

Senior Member Array

This is somewhat of a touchy subject for me (no pun intended) because there's the freedom loving side of myself that screams this shouldn't even be up for debate. Government should be providing national defense, growing the economy & otherwise staying the hell out private citizens lives.
    There's another side to me that's torn because although I'd likely cast an appreciative gaze upon nude feminine beauty, I'm also a husband & a father of two teenage daughters.
    So it'd be weird were my girls suddenly running around nude & I'd likely get into fights with assholes that assault or attempt to intimidate those close to me.

Just saying that I'd support the right of every adult to be topless in public but I could sure use an adjustment period while puritanical laws were being phased out.

4dw sx/so
    IEx None

An adjustment period would be necessary and beneficial for any change of this magnitude in society, so that's only natural.

Hell yes.

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I agree with your entire post except the last paragraph -- I hate going braless because I don't find it nearly as comfortable. Then again, if the average bra size is a B, then I don't have a good conception of what it's like for the average woman.
    I'm an A cup, wear a bra everyday. I find it comfortable--but purely for social reasons. I grew up thinking my nipples couldn't show, that my boobs moving around during light activity was gross,etc.etc. It isn't physically more comfortable, but it is psychologically more comfortable. A hard habit to break that I don't really care to break either.

Large breasted women ime seem to enjoy their bras way more.. average sized women seem to go one way or the other. Small breasted women it almost always seem more social/psychological than physical when not doing active physical activity.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Equal rights.
    If this is the best of possible worlds, what then are the others?
    ― Voltaire, Candide

Senior Member Array

I'm kind've surprised how popular this idea is in a forum where over 70% of respondents believe we live in a rape culture.

On a personal note, there are some women's boobs I would like to see all hangin' out. Others...not so much.

5w4 sx

Only if its not allowed for those that do to complain about guys reactions to it..
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet View Post
    I'm kind've surprised how popular this idea is in a forum where over 70% of respondents believe we live in a rape culture.
    When I first read this thread, I thought the same, until I made a better attempt to see it in a woman's perspective. Similar to @Jaguar said, it deals with equal rights issues. However, it goes fairly deeper. I believe Socrates noted, that the relationship between man and women have the same interest as master and slave. Society should have moved beyond this point by now.

Breast arousal is mainly due to an evolutionary response, the contrasting scenario can also be undone through evolution.
    “If you worry about what might be, and wonder what might have been, you will ignore what is.” -anonymous

Temporal Mechanic. Array Lexicon's Avatar
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    There was a rather controversial thread about this earlier last year, I believe - and people did make some good arguments for clothing being more than just to stave off cold (I believe @Lexicon posted a .gif of a guy without his shirt in a bus banging into a woman's face with his bare, sweaty beer belly)

So, this topic isn't as easily navigated in practice - but in theory, yes, nudity shouldn't be a big deal. It would appear the nudists had the right idea all along

03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.