User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    I don't see a problem nursing or at the beach, but disagree with being topless generally.

Most women are going to find it uncomfortable walking around without support anyway, and besides I hear a guy looking at breasts is "creepy". Bear in mind that this will happen 1000x more often if breasts are fully exposed.

Of the thousands of problems America has surely there is something more important to take up as an activist. But I forget how retarded some people are...
    You don't solve problems by tackling the biggest ones first. Sorry, but usually the proven methods that work show the opposite--baby steps in small directions.

Yeah, dudes will always look. They certainly did in Uganda. But I noticed--not nearly as much as they would have here in America. They were desensitized to it. Like breast feeding moms and ladies in the jungle were NOT the same as girls shaking it in a club. They were two different sets of boobs. It did not diminish their interest, but it put a realistic, less holy-grail approach to it all. And I found that refreshing.

And I'm sure there are some big-breasted women that prefer the support.. But honestly, most women don't truly need it for most activities that aren't plyometrics, work, and physical fitness related. That's a pretty personal choice and, for small breasted women, most of the bra focus is on covering just the nipples so they can't be seen.. the rest of the breast isn't really the concern.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Let's hope that at some point we get to a stage where it is body language and not appearance that indicates a sexual intent - as it should be, biologically. And hopefully, from there on, we can get to the point where body language *meant for someone specific* gets recognised as such as well. Recognized - not shamed. (aka s/he might dress and act that way for a reason, but that reason might just be only the person next to you and not an open invitation for just anyone to dig in)
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Eilonwy View Post
    Humans seem to need something to be seen as forbidden and thus titillating, so if it isn't breasts, it'll be another part of the body.
    Problem is women have two parts with that stigma, and men have one. Can't both sexes' "forbidden" parts be the ones below the belt?
    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Let's hope that at some point we get to a stage where it is body language and not appearance that indicates a sexual intent - as it should be, biologically. And hopefully, from there on, we can get to the point where body language *meant for someone specific* gets recognised as such as well. Recognized - not shamed. (aka s/he might dress and act that way for a reason, but that reason might just be only the person next to you and not an open invitation for just anyone to dig in)
    +1
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    You don't solve problems by tackling the biggest ones first. Sorry, but usually the proven methods that work show the opposite--baby steps in small directions.

Yeah, dudes will always look. They certainly did in Uganda. But I noticed--not nearly as much as they would have here in America. They were desensitized to it. Like breast feeding moms and ladies in the jungle were NOT the same as girls shaking it in a club. They were two different sets of boobs. It did not diminish their interest, but it put a realistic, less holy-grail approach to it all. And I found that refreshing.

And I'm sure there are some big-breasted women that prefer the support.. But honestly, most women don't truly need it for most activities that aren't plyometrics, work, and physical fitness related. That's a pretty personal choice and, for small breasted women, most of the bra focus is on covering just the nipples so they can't be seen.. the rest of the breast isn't really the concern.
    I agree with your entire post except the last paragraph -- I hate going braless because I don't find it nearly as comfortable. Then again, if the average bra size is a B, then I don't have a good conception of what it's like for the average woman.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

I think people just should loosen up and allow full nudity, regardless of gender. I mean, what's the hurt in seeing a naked body anyway?
    "Let's ban the word "drunk" because "drunque" is far more classy."

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

There was a rather controversial thread about this earlier last year, I believe - and people did make some good arguments for clothing being more than just to stave off cold (I believe @Lexicon posted a .gif of a guy without his shirt in a bus banging into a woman's face with his bare, sweaty beer belly)

So, this topic isn't as easily navigated in practice - but in theory, yes, nudity shouldn't be a big deal. It would appear the nudists had the right idea all along
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

What if that's part of a feminazi* plan to make the average hetero man look like a potential sexual predator?

*not every feminist is a feminazi

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

You're just fantasising of a world with Amazon women demanding snoosnoo, aren't you

★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Free the Nipple!
    Free the Nipple!
    Equal Rights!
    I wanna see some titties!
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx