User Tag List

First 1422232425 Last

MBTI
    DEUS

Quote Originally Posted by Qloshae View Post
    Blob
    Let me repeat myself:

"[...] but then you need to confront the fact that it is socially acceptable for really fat guys to walk around without t-shirt or anything else covering them."

It is less socially acceptable for a fat bloke to walk around topless than it is for a fit woman. The vox populi is more nuanced than "it is socially acceptable for all men", which you implied in your post. You cannot use the legality of it to make a clean incision between the genders on the basis of social acceptance, because the legality of some behavior isn't necessarily reflected in the acceptance of it.

Assassin from the future Qloshae's Avatar
    MBTI
    NONE
    Enneagram
    5 sx/so
    Socionics
    NONE

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Let me repeat myself:

"[...] but then you need to confront the fact that it is socially acceptable for really fat guys to walk around without t-shirt or anything else covering them."

It is less socially acceptable for a fat bloke to walk around topless than it is for a fit woman. The vox populi is more nuanced than "it is socially acceptable for all men", which you implied in your post. You cannot use the legality of it to make a clean incision between the genders on the basis of social acceptance, because the legality of some behavior isn't necessarily reflected in the acceptance of it.
    You are trying to dig as far as you can until it makes sense to you.
    A woman walking around topless would be a lot more likely to be harassed (which includes more sexual remarks etc.) than a big fat man walking around topless.
    This is because it is not seen as a generally accepted behavior for women (and is therefor over-sensationalized).

Your argument is basically "a really fit man walking around naked in public wouldn't meet resistance because some women would find him attractive" yet truth is that anyone walking around in public naked would meet resistance.
    Just like women walking around topless would.

Stop beating a dead horse to feel like you are important. Your argument leads nowhere.

Before you quote.
    Ask yourself, "what will the outcome of this be and why is it worth pursuing?"
    MBTI: IXXX (I don't even believe in it atm.)
    Enneagram: 5 | Sx/So
    Big 5: RLOAI (last time I did it)
    Alignment: True Neutral
    MOTIV type: SOTID
    MOTIV+ type: |S|oxiD

MBTI
    DEUS

Quote Originally Posted by Qloshae View Post
    You are trying to dig as far as you can until it makes sense to you.
    A woman walking around topless would be a lot more likely to be harassed (which includes more sexual remarks etc.) than a big fat man walking around topless.
    This is because it is not seen as a generally accepted behavior for women (and is therefor over-sensationalized).
    Does being approached sexually mean that one is engaging in unacceptable behaviour?
    You do not need to answer that: No, it does not.

Your argument is basically "a really fit man walking around naked in public wouldn't meet resistance because some women would find him attractive" yet truth is that anyone walking around in public naked would meet resistance.
    Just like women walking around topless would.
    No, my argument is that multiple factors interplay to affect the degree of acceptance of some behaviour, and you will rarely be able to reduce it to a single factor such as gender, which you were trying to do in your very first post. For the specific question of walking around topless, the factors at play include gender, physical attractiveness, whether or not you have "I HATE NIGGERS" tattooed across your chest, and so on. I repeat: Oftentimes a topless fat guy is less accepted than a topless fit woman, cancelling the effect of the gender-factor. On the other hand, when evaluating two fat members of each gender, all other information being unknown, any difference in acceptance must stem from gender.

Before you quote. Ask yourself, "what will the outcome of this be and why is it worth pursuing?"
    You are a funny one.

Everyone should be allowed to run around naked.

MBTI
    InFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

Yes, wherever men are allowed to be shirtless. The arbitrary prudishness about female nipples is ridiculous.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Everyone should be allowed to run around naked.
    But, but, I don't want to look up your butt when you bend over.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Sure, but I would exclude public forms of transportation such as buses, subways, trains and confined spaces like supermarkets, restaurants, and movie theatres. Use the same logic as banning second-hand cigarette smoke. Try to maintain a balance between personal liberty and violating someone else's aesthetic sense.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

The way I see it, the oppression comes from women. So it's women fighting against women

1. Women who are jealous, tells other to cover up because they can't compete for the same men.
    2. Women who are made to feel guilty by other women. see point nr 1.
    3. Girls are taught by their mothers to cover up because uncle Dodgy/Incest Dad might want to take advantage of "stupid"/inexperienced daughter (from the mother's point of view). See point nr 1 & 2.

Gee mom I'm old enough now to take care of my self (adult). I want to show nipples. Meh

MBTI
    iNTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7

I was just thinking about this topic yesterday at the beach. It's absurd that women can't go topless when most men in our day and age sport a nice pair of titillating dub dees.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by underwaterthing View Post
    Yes, wherever men are allowed to be shirtless. The arbitrary prudishness about female nipples is ridiculous.
    It all boils down to this. Get rid of the double standard. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...