User Tag List

First 132122232425 Last

MBTI
    DEUS

Quote Originally Posted by Qloshae View Post
    I do have for a long time wondered why the rules are different for women than for men when it comes to that.
    I mean, you could argue "because they are bigger", but then you need to confront the fact that it is socially acceptable for really fat guys to walk around without t-shirt or anything else covering them.
    It isn't, really. I'd wager that a topless fat bloke is judged more harshly than a topless fit woman, though a topless fat woman is judged the harshest.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    It isn't, really. I'd wager that a topless fat bloke is judged more harshly than a topless fit woman, though a topless fat woman is judged the harshest.
    Being judged doesn't matter, it's being arrested for public exposure that matters.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Being judged doesn't matter, it's being arrested for public exposure that matters.

MBTI
    DEUS

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    Qloshae only mentioned social acceptance. What is socially acceptable doesn't necessarily reflect what is legally acceptable. Perceiving something to be socially unacceptable is judging.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Qloshae only mentioned social acceptance. What is socially acceptable doesn't necessarily reflect what is legally acceptable. Perceiving something to be socially unacceptable is judging.
    I disagree with this whole line of thinking. I know a woman who hated to see older men walking around with extremely thin white legs poking out from below swimming trunks. So what does that have to do with this topic?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    I disagree with this whole line of thinking. I know a woman who hated to see older men walking around with extremely thin white legs poking out from below swimming trunks. So what does that have to do with this topic?
    men dont fuck with breasts
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    men dont fuck with breasts
    Drunk again!

Assassin from the future Qloshae's Avatar
    MBTI
    NONE
    Enneagram
    5 sx/so
    Socionics
    NONE

Partially doubt that since the entire world isn't filled with men.

That said, "socially unacceptable" is the same as "unaccepted in society" which often means it is illegal (or result in negative consequences).
    If it was socially acceptable there would be no reason for something to be illegal.

Nitpicking what someone says doesn't really make it seem like you have a point.
    MBTI: IXXX (I don't even believe in it atm.)
    Enneagram: 5 | Sx/So
    Big 5: RLOAI (last time I did it)
    Alignment: True Neutral
    MOTIV type: SOTID
    MOTIV+ type: |S|oxiD

MBTI
    DEUS

Quote Originally Posted by Qloshae View Post
    Partially doubt that since the entire world isn't filled with men.

That said, "socially unacceptable" is the same as "unaccepted in society" which often means it is illegal (or result in negative consequences).
    If it was socially acceptable there would be no reason for something to be illegal.

Nitpicking what someone says doesn't really make it seem like you have a point.
    The point was that you were oversimplifying the issue, being blind to any nuance and instead seeing only black and white.

Assassin from the future Qloshae's Avatar
    MBTI
    NONE
    Enneagram
    5 sx/so
    Socionics
    NONE

The point was that you were oversimplifying the issue, being blind to any nuance and instead seeing only black and white.
    No, the point was that you wanted to nitpick something to feel important, but you didn't realize the connection between society and laws.

Also, where the fuck did the "instead seeing only black and white" come from.
    You tried to correct me, not expand my point or even show that it had nuances beyond what I said.
    You were wrong, don't be an ass.

Just because something is accepted doesn't mean it has to be liked or enjoyed.
    For example, it is acceptable for a 60 year old man to be together with a 20 year old woman. Most people would however likely consider it weird or have some other strong opinions on it.

How long have you known me and how long did it take for you to call my entire perspective black and white?

I'd say more to show how much I disagree with what you said, but that might go against forum rules.
    MBTI: IXXX (I don't even believe in it atm.)
    Enneagram: 5 | Sx/So
    Big 5: RLOAI (last time I did it)
    Alignment: True Neutral
    MOTIV type: SOTID
    MOTIV+ type: |S|oxiD