First 51314151617 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    Purely because I think men and women should have equal rights, yes, I believe women should go around topless.

And then I'll be shopping for mirrored sunglasses. UV rays are very harmful, you know.
    This.

Freedom, yeah. Equality, yeah. All good reasons for it. But prepare to be creeped on for a while if this actually happens and you go through with it.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Inequality for the sake of inequality is a much worse reason to keep things the same.
    I don't want to see women walking around topless on the street "just because we can", which is very lowbrow behaviour, undeniably indecent. If there is to be any kind of law change it should be very specific about in what places toplessness is to be allowed.

People already know that I think complete freedom is destructive just as a general principle.

You are correct. I have commented on this elsewhere more than once. My personal view of equality would correct this, and either give men more freedom in what they wear, or require women to abide by the restrictions levied on men (e.g. fixed dress code for the orchestra).
    I won't speak for anyone else, but like seeing the various dresses the women wear, and doubt many of them would want to have to wear tuxedos. Why can't men and women wear different clothing formally? What is the big deal?

This is one reason why I can't respect feminists. You are clutching at straws just to find a "feminist issue".

Really? I am surprised you are that concerned about the opinions of others. I've never worried about making myself attractive to men or how others will perceive my dress and appearance. I almost cannot be other than myself. I dress to my own tastes, and to my own standards for the occasion: what I see as professional, formal, etc.

The big exception, of course, was my time in the military when I had to wear a uniform, but I didn't mind that because the uniform was decent looking and reasonably comfortable/practical. I actually liked NOT having to worry about what to wear every day. I would object strongly to a dress code that imposed hardships on women vs. men, e.g. requiring women to wear skirts and pantyhose in the middle of the winter; or makeup, when men get to keep their skin free of chemicals.
    I'm not normally, it's just that as I'm very sexually driven it matters a lot to me about how women I find attractive might perceive me. But what the rest of the world thinks about me (with the exception of my immediate family and close friends) is unimportant. I am not sure how your situation is romantically, but if you've been in a relationship for a while it's easy to forget what it's like having the psychological insecurity of being single, especially after a breakup. I get the vibes that you are relatively stable.

Nobody is suggesting a fixed dress code in all situations all the time. But I do agree with professional and formal dress codes and the differences between men and women in them are part of what makes it interesting.

What this has to do with breasts I'm not sure though lol.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    spso

For those who say desentization will occur; how long do you think that would take? I'd wager to say most straight men are naturally and passively turned on by breasts. Why would women want to subject themselves to this even if it is legal?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Have you guys figured it out yet?
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

Boobs

Enneagram

It's one of those things where theoretically yes, women should be allowed, but I imagine there would be a very difficult, and protracted adjustment period. Should we prioritize the irrational, short-term discomfort of the populace over the long-term benefits of equal rights?

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Freedom, yeah. Equality, yeah. All good reasons for it. But prepare to be creeped on for a while if this actually happens and you go through with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    It's one of those things where theoretically yes, women should be allowed, but I imagine there would be a very difficult, and protracted adjustment period. Should we prioritize the irrational, short-term discomfort of the populace over the long-term benefits of equal rights?
    The latter has always driven progress, IMO.

As it relates to this topic specifically, see @Lady_X's earlier posts of "obscene" female swimsuits that cover as much as the average wetsuit today.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Elocute View Post
    For those who say desentization will occur; how long do you think that would take? I'd wager to say most straight men are naturally and passively turned on by breasts. Why would women want to subject themselves to this even if it is legal?
    Ime, with boyfriends that were constantly subjected to me being naked at home, I'd say about 2-3 weeks. It's incidentally the amount of time that it takes to change a behaviour in an animal - human or otherwise, that hasn't been going on for too long, isn't massively ingrained or tied to serious other issues.

Some will take longer of course - but a sea of boobs is bound to at some point either subdue them or drive them batty enough to be confined to a mental institution. Either way, it'll sort itself out

I would imagine that the full cultural conversion will likely take longer though - both due to older generations suffering from the 'ingrained issue', and due to the fact that some of their bad behaviour will undoubtably be rewarded/encouraged as women too will have to get used to this shit and won't know how to handle the transition themselves.

Either way, it'll be messy. Unless we do it as sneakily as we did with bathing suits over the years....Perhap we should start with pasties?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

The question arises, do women collectively really want breasts to be desexualized in the eyes of men? Sexual appeal is a form of power and control, one that many women use to their advantage to procure wealth and status; some deliberately use their sexuality to further their careers, as well. Without this asset/burden (however you choose to look at it), women may feel more equal to men in a certain sense, but with that may come some undesirable consequences.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet View Post
    The question arises, do women collectively really want breasts to be desexualized in the eyes of men? Sexual appeal is a form of power and control, one that many women use to their advantage to procure wealth and status; some deliberately use their sexuality to further their careers, as well. Without this asset/burden (however you choose to look at it), women may feel more equal to men in a certain sense, but with that may come some undesirable consequences.
    They aren't going to be desexualized. Even though I'm used to guys not wearing shirts in public, that doesn't mean I'm not turned on when a particularly sexy shirtless guy walks by.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!