User Tag List

First 3111213141523 Last

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    If by oogle you simply mean look, then sure. There are some cultural standards people have about staring at all, at least in the USA, regardless of what part of a person you're staying at, but that should be it. Part of my point is that the very nature of the way people feel about staring at a woman's breasts as oppose to her hair probably exists because breasts are something that's supposed to be hidden.

Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    Human societies seem to have a habit of covering their genitals. One doesn't see the same behaviour in animals. So does this have something to with shame and animals don't feel shame?

Why cover genitals?
    That actually depends, too. I'm not sure of numbers, it may be more common for people to cover genitals, but not every people does, and some cover parts of the body yet don't cover genitals. I seem to recall a Mesopotamian people in which women tended to wear certain vestments including hats, yet did not cover their genitalia. That is vague, however, and I'll try to see if I can remember exactly who those people were.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Default Femen

Femen are taking the fight to the patriarchy on streets, rather than the cheap titillation talked about here.

Click on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNBGVFZgiAY

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    spso

I'm all for female liberation, but their nipples tend to have more effect on men than pecs have on women. I'd say it should be legal but not very acceptable, as it would likely cause unwelcomed stares, unless that's what the person wants.

What is extraordinary is the contrast with the shameless narcissism on Typology Central and the courage of the Femen.

This means narcissism is normative on Typology Central. Narcissism is encouraged and rewarded. Such social narcissists are not seen as psychological cripples.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    Try turning up to work without a shirt on then. It isn't considered normal let alone appropriate for men to be shirtless in most situations.

Why should there be when there's no need for them? Just because a few women want to walk around topless? That's not a good reason.

This brings me back to what I said before about priorities.
    Because of the double standard. It is a situation that illustrates it perfectly. Most women are raised with the concept that not only are they responsible for their own sex drive ( the repercussions are immense: pregnancy, dishonor, increased risk of std, rape etc), they are responsible for the sex drive of the men around them (maybe coz they have less penalties for using it?).

Somehow my freedom gets curbed because im expected to not only be the adult but also mommy the rest that never had to learn the same thing. And it is my fault of it goes wrong. When i get up in the morning there are three people in my closet as i choose my outfit: me, my mother and society.

Why do you get the bliss of being the only one to decide and i dont? And im not talking about specific circumstancesnsuch as work attire which you could avoid by changing jobs - im talking being in my own home or garden and having too many windows around so that i can *never* escape that expectation that i never agreed to in the first place and is there by virtue of my gender.

Why do i not get a place and a moment where im not judged on the attractiveness of my body and the way im currently displaying it? It is exhausting to feel policed like that. And im kind of done babysitting other peoples sex drived tbh. If you dont like it or dont trust yourself, that is seriously not my problm. I dont badger you in covering yourself up coz i might get horny and distracted either.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Society

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    m talking being in my own home or garden and having too many windows around so that i can *never* escape that expectation that i never agreed to in the first place and is there by virtue of my gender.
    wtf? you have laws against indecent exposure in your own home?!?

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Society View Post
    wtf? you have laws against indecent exposure in your own home?!?
    No - but if I do run around topless and stand in front of my french doors when some little kids are passing by in the street, you think that I won't get complaints from the board in my apartment? I know that I was raised not to take that risk and to not make it a big deal to 'cover up already'. I honestly have to check the Norwegian laws wrt to whether or not I could actually get arrested for it.

My mother called me inside when the farmer in the meadow behind our garden was looking at me sunbathing in a bikini at 14, ffs. And going for a walk with my dog in our street got me harassed when I was wearing jeans and a choli, which got me scolded for going out like that in the first place. And rushed upstairs when coming down in my night gown at 15 when a certain uncle was visiting, while being told to get dressed already.

I've got to say, it is an absolute delight to non-stop think about how you're being perceived by others, even in your own home.

And before your Ti gets nitpicking - I was making the earlier argument to *start* with actually removing the criminal aspect of being topless and stick with social scorn for now. This is a lament/argument that speaks to the mentality we're raised with, that was responsible for that law in the first place, imho, and the *actual* thing I'd like to address in the long run. I'm however realistic enough to realise this will take...well, a while still.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

Society

I've got to say, it is an absolute delight to non-stop think about how you're being perceived by others, even in your own home.
    fuck 'em and stand your grounds if anyone complains. its your damn house.

personally i've placed my closet just by the entrance to my apt. that's where clothes come on and off.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Society View Post
    fuck 'em and stand your grounds if anyone complains. its your damn house.

personally i've placed my closet just by the entrance to my apt. that's where clothes come on and off.
    They can force us to sell the house if things escalate.

You think my INTJ would like losing his property over my boobs?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

Society

They can force us to sell the house if things escalate.
    how???