User Tag List

First 91011121321 Last

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    I am a dude... and I think we would still find breasts attractive.
    I often find womens' hair attractive. It has yet to turn into a single conflict. I imagine the same could be said of womens' breasts if they were allowed to be topless.

Quote Originally Posted by SpankyMcFly View Post
    Reasonable indeed.
    Is it reasonable? It seems entirely pointless. Why designate specifis times or places when a woman can be topless? I don't understand the function.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I often find womens' hair attractive. It has yet to turn into a single conflict. I imagine the same could be said of womens' breasts if they were allowed to be topless.

Is it reasonable? It seems entirely pointless. Why designate specifics times or places when a woman can be topless? I don't understand the function.
    FTR I am all for complete freedom from day 1 of freeing the nipple . I am a realist/pragmatic though and realize that trad-cons are gonna have to do this in baby steps.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Can a guy actually get arrested for showing up without a shirt to say... I dunno, a funeral?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

eta: this article
    so...apparently it is legal ??

The state’s highest court ruled
    more than two decades ago that baring one’s chest in public — for noncommercial activity — is perfectly legal for a woman, as it is for a man.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/16/ny...less.html?_r=0

another article
    The Social and Legal Arguments for Allowing Women to Go Topless in Public - Jessica Blankenship - The Atlantic

There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by solipsists View Post
    Cultural concealment of the female form definitely correlates with patriarchal oppression. I imagine a society must ease from one norm to another to minimize damages; even if public toplessness were legalized today I couldn't recommend it without proper precautions. With the female form exalted as it is by media, and media being the primary tool for manipulation of US values, I assume an adjustment period would be necessary; taboos aren't erased overnight.

So, in short, I agree, with a dash of cynicism and wariness.
    Men want what women want. ~ ManWomanMyth

When people who want this (freedom of the nipple) convince enough women who don't want this then there be real change. Just like women's suffrage, where most of the ardent opponents of it were women http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-suffragism OR Anti-Suffragists Believed Women Didn’t Need the Right to Vote | Women Warriors and Wayfarers and once they (women) were united, 100 male senators unanimously agreed on the 19th amendment.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Cultural concealment of the female form definitely correlates with patriarchal oppression. I imagine a society must ease from one norm to another to minimize damages; even if public toplessness were legalized today I couldn't recommend it without proper precautions. With the female form exalted as it is by media, and media being the primary tool for manipulation of US values, I assume an adjustment period would be necessary; taboos aren't erased overnight.
    Extreme exposure of the female form often correlates with patriarchal exploitation.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Extreme exposure of the female form often correlates with patriarchal exploitation.
    Agreed. Taboo gives nudity allure though. Normalization seems like it would neutralize the power of extreme exposure, drawing both conservative and shock values closer to the center.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Agreed. Taboo gives nudity allure though. Normalization seems like it would neutralize the power of extreme exposure, drawing both conservative and shock values closer to the center.
    Agreed, though we have seen taboos about covering up in some circumstances.

I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post

Is it reasonable? It seems entirely pointless. Why designate specifis times or places when a woman can be topless? I don't understand the function.
    TRIP DOWN MEMORY LANE: KOMA PEOPLE: THE ANCIENT LEAVES DRESSING AND HILLY-DWELLING PEOPLE OF NIGERIA AND CAMEROON

Would it be OK for men to oogle women's breasts then?

Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    Human societies seem to have a habit of covering their genitals. One doesn't see the same behaviour in animals. So does this have something to with shame and animals don't feel shame?

Why cover genitals?