User Tag List

First 8910111220 Last

Results 91 to 100 of 246

  1. #91
    Theta Male Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    9,059

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I feel like if women walked around topeless and men bottomless it just be like "eh whatever" we;d be desensitized but right now we're brain washed to be obsessed with those characteristics. men would see 100966s of boobs all the time and eventually it just be like seeing our ankles. i'm sure before ankles were legal there were conversations like this.

    I disagree. I think men find breasts attractive because they are something (most) men lack. It's a secondary sex characteristic. In our society, long hair is also largely (but not exclusively) a secondary sexual characteristic, and a lot of men find that attractive. (Not that I can't find short-haired women attractive.... but I usually like the long hair better.) This is probably related to why women's hair was traditionally covered up in all the Abrahamic religions.... Christians and Jews used to do it, too (and still do, in some parts of the world). Women who walked around with long hair in public was considered indecent, I suspect because of this. And even though most women don't do this anymore, men still find it attractive.

    But I do think the example with hair shows that men would probably able to control themselves if it did happen. It would still be kind of sexual though.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11


    This is not going to go the way you think....

    Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

  2. #92
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    I disagree. I think men find breasts attractive because they are something (most) men lack. It's a secondary sex characteristic. In our society, long hair is also largely (but not exclusively) a secondary sexual characteristic, and a lot of men find that attractive. (Not that I can't find short-haired women attractive.... but I usually like the long hair better.) This is probably related to why women's hair was traditionally covered up in all the Abrahamic religions.... Christians and Jews used to do it, too (and still do, in some parts of the world). Women who walked around with long hair in public was considered indecent, I suspect because of this. And even though most women don't do this anymore, men still find it attractive.

    But I do think the example with hair shows that men would probably able to control themselves if it did happen. It would still be kind of sexual though.
    I don't think this pans out because men with long hair have not been a scarcity in human history and so most of time it wouldn't be much of a defining sex characteristic.

    And again, some cultures have women cover their forearms, their feet, whatever. You name it, it's been covered. I don't think there is a connection to universal, inherent attraction to certain parts of the body.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  3. #93
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    I disagree. I think men find breasts attractive because they are something (most) men lack. It's a secondary sex characteristic. In our society, long hair is also largely (but not exclusively) a secondary sexual characteristic, and a lot of men find that attractive. (Not that I can't find short-haired women attractive.... but I usually like the long hair better.) This is probably related to why women's hair was traditionally covered up in all the Abrahamic religions.... Christians and Jews used to do it, too (and still do, in some parts of the world). Women who walked around with long hair in public was considered indecent, I suspect because of this. And even though most women don't do this anymore, men still find it attractive.

    But I do think the example with hair shows that men would probably able to control themselves if it did happen. It would still be kind of sexual though.
    dude, listen to me. think about it. when the exorcist first came out people were scared shitless because they had never seen anything like that now people are like oh pssshhh whatever, same idea.

    yes i know you're not a dude.
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  4. #94
    Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx
    Posts
    2,396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I also strongly suspect the fashion industry would spend billions on marketing efforts to keep women shopping before toplessness became a sustainable trend anywhere.
    This is why it won't be happening anytime soon. Clothes and fashion are an integral part of the mating game as well. Cui Bono? Indeed.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

  5. #95
    royal member Rasofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,931

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady_X View Post
    w.t.f.

    she's on crack , yes?
    Possible, but ideologies alone work like drugs for some people.

  6. #96
    Theta Male Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    9,059

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    dude, listen to me. think about it. when the exorcist first came out people were scared shitless because they had never seen anything like that now people are like oh pssshhh whatever, same idea.

    yes i know you're not a dude.
    I am a dude... and I think we would still find breasts attractive.

    And I saw Paranormal Activity when it first came out, and it was more dull than a paper-towel manufacturer's convention.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11


    This is not going to go the way you think....

    Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

  7. #97
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    I am a dude... and I think we would still find breasts attractive.
    yes they would still be attractive but it wouldn't have people freak out as much. I thought you were that chick from australia, sorry my bad
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  8. #98
    Theta Male Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    9,059

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    yes they would still be attractive but it wouldn't have people freak out as much. I thought you were that chick from australia, sorry my bad
    No, I don't like using the computer upside-down.

    And yeah... it would become kind of like long, flowing locks.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11


    This is not going to go the way you think....

    Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

  9. #99
    Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx
    Posts
    2,396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    I think it should be less illegal, but not ok to walk down the street with your top off.

    At the beach OK. At Mardi Gras OK. Reasonable accommodation.
    Reasonable indeed.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

  10. #100
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    No, I don't like using the computer upside-down.

    And yeah... it would become kind of like long, flowing locks.
    yes that's my argument
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

Similar Threads

  1. Children Should Not Be Allowed To Have Best Friends
    By Mal12345 in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 05-17-2015, 11:36 AM
  2. Should gnomes be tolerated in our homes?
    By prplchknz in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 10-24-2013, 08:54 PM
  3. Should discriminatory groups be allowed to exist?
    By Such Irony in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-18-2012, 03:43 PM
  4. Should convicted felons be allowed to vote?
    By Domino in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 09-16-2008, 02:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO