User Tag List

View Poll Results: In developed Western countries, is patriarchy still alive?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 52.38%
  • No

10 47.62%
First 234

Default We are the Patriarchy, says Pogo the Possum

Pogo the Possum tells us We have met the enemy and he is us.

Click on https://www.google.com.au/search?q=i...w=1280&bih=864

And this is no truer than on Typology Central.

Just look around us: the first owner of Typology Central was a man, and you guessed it, the second owner of Typology Central is a man. Our guru, Carl Jung, is a man who sexually abused his female patients. And last, the passionate followers of astrology and mbti on Typology Central are women.

Yes, we don't have to look very far, for we are the Patriarchy.
    Last edited by Mole; 06-30-2014 at 09:49 PM.

patriarchy is still alive but not everyone will experience it as much as others. i grew up with a father old enough to be my grandfather who spent his formative years in the old country. you do the math.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    White, middle class feminists = nerdy university girls trying to create an identity for themselves seeing they can't find a mate.
    God, don't you ever get tired of being wrong all the time?

I can't bring myself to take you people seriously when men have to record a "yes" just to avoid rape charges.
    While it shouldn't surprise me given your other beliefs, the idea that getting consent is such a huge burden on men is pretty asinine.

As for the thread's actual topic, yes, there is still patriarchy. Family lines are still determined patrilineally. The day-to-day caring for children is still seen as a mother's work primarily (hence fathers being praised for that which is just considered normal for mothers, and people still considering dads to be "babysitters" when they're taking care of their own children). This is the main reason for the bias towards mothers in the legal system, and it's a direct result of a patriarchal culture that still in many ways removes fathers from the day-to-day parenting setting and forces them into a breadwinning setting away from the family.

I don't know how many more ways I can say "patriarchy affects men too" and still be called a misandrist.

Assassin from the future Qloshae's Avatar
    MBTI
    NONE
    Enneagram
    5 sx/so
    Socionics
    NONE

Google pictures for "CEO", or "Politician". I think the question will answer itself.
    Also, I might believe that society is more equal when people don't yell at me for not being a "gentleman" and when women are not encouraged to look like (young) prostitutes.
    MBTI: IXXX (I don't even believe in it atm.)
    Enneagram: 5 | Sx/So
    Big 5: RLOAI (last time I did it)
    Alignment: True Neutral
    MOTIV type: SOTID
    MOTIV+ type: |S|oxiD

Assassin from the future Qloshae's Avatar
    MBTI
    NONE
    Enneagram
    5 sx/so
    Socionics
    NONE

when men have to record a "yes" just to avoid rape charges.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    While it shouldn't surprise me given your other beliefs, the idea that getting consent is such a huge burden on men is pretty asinine.
    First of all, to believe you are forced to record every consent is rather paranoid and at that point you have painted every woman as an abuser of the justice system. It would kinda be like a lot of women walking around with anti-rape protection because they might randomly get attacked and raped by a stranger. The only difference is that while the latter is still unlikely (and very paranoid and rather offensive), it is still more likely than the former.

Secondly, it does happen and should not be completely dismissed as just paranoia.

Then again, I am sure many of you walk over streets and while you may look for cars, you probably don't think that every car driver is a maniac who wants to drive over you and I'm guessing that accidents relating to cars hitting people is far more likely than either of those.
    So why treat every man as a possible rapist or every woman as a possible malicious liar?
    MBTI: IXXX (I don't even believe in it atm.)
    Enneagram: 5 | Sx/So
    Big 5: RLOAI (last time I did it)
    Alignment: True Neutral
    MOTIV type: SOTID
    MOTIV+ type: |S|oxiD

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx