Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    DEUS

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    We're here because we left prematurely because that's what Obama wanted.
    His promise to pull out of the Middle-East was part of what won him the election, so of course he had to deliver on it. I imagine that we'd be sitting here arguing about "broken promises" and "billions of dollars sent abroad when 'muricans need help too!!" had he not delivered.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

People are so in denial over how incompetent this president is. Iraq was won (according to Biden) and Obama screwed it up. Not assigning blame means you don't want to understand how we got to this point. We're here because we left prematurely because that's what Obama wanted.
    If we stayed, ISIS would just be attacking U.S. troops.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

It's a shame when people don't "give a fuck" about foreign politics and major redrawing of political boundaries - especially in the Middle East.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Adam
    His promise to pull out of the Middle-East was part of what won him the election
    As president, he's allowed to screw up, even if his screw-ups result in tens of thousands of Iraqis getting killed, and I will continue to point out his reckless and stupid decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2
    If we stayed, ISIS would just be attacking U.S. troops.
    Is the responsible act to leave before Iraq can fend for itself and risk Iraq becoming one large terrorist state or to stay behind until Iraq is ready to take over the reins of national defense? I thought the whole point of the Afghanistan campaign (which Obama said was the "right war") was to prevent al-qaeda from plotting, training, and recruiting.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

iInstability in the Middle East has NO relationship with oil prices. you need to quit that Wacky Tobaccy.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    Gen. Michael Hayden: 'The State of Iraq As We Know It Is Gone'

Iraq has been split into three separate tribal units, and there's no turning back. The US under the Obama administration made some bad decisions three years ago which have left the state of Iraq where it is today.

The US wants to give humanitarian aid to parts of this region. What for? To fuck it all up again?
    No.

Iraq's issues, in fact Iraq itself, has its genesis in the aftermath of WWI, though I don't want to get into that too much. My point is basically that Bush & Co continued to perpetrate and attitude Western politicians have had towards the Middle East for a long time (though the modern left's approach is just as idiotic), and they just affect us more directly now that it did in the past. What the Americans haven't learned about the region is that firstly, religion is everything, and secondly, nationalism connected to land doesn't exist.

The way to rule the Middle East stably - the only way - is to have a centralised dictatorship where religion is to at least some extent merged with the state. Not republicanism - that is a European concept, and the evidence is staring people in the face that in fact it only works for European peoples - which is all you should expect.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    No.

Iraq's issues, in fact Iraq itself, has its genesis in the aftermath of WWI, though I don't want to get into that too much. My point is basically that Bush & Co continued to perpetrate and attitude Western politicians have had towards the Middle East for a long time (though the modern left's approach is just as idiotic), and they just affect us more directly now that it did in the past. What the Americans haven't learned about the region is that firstly, religion is everything, and secondly, nationalism connected to land doesn't exist.

The way to rule the Middle East stably - the only way - is to have a centralised dictatorship where religion is to at least some extent merged with the state. Not republicanism - that is a European concept, and the evidence is staring people in the face that in fact it only works for European peoples - which is all you should expect.
    I agree with some things there and disagree with others.

We agree that forcing European concepts on Middle Eastern people won't work - or at least hasn't worked. But in order for it to work there has to be a new generation born with a fresh start. The Iraq that existed wasn't given that kind of chance. Those who are born into freedom will be used to freedom. If for example they are born in the United States (their parents having come to the US from Iraq), then a possible clash of values would occur via strictly religious parental teachings designed to obviate any Western cultural influences.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

As president, he's allowed to screw up, even if his screw-ups result in tens of thousands of Iraqis getting killed, and I will continue to point out his reckless and stupid decisions.
    Focus on your own internal problems first, of which you have talked about often on the forum (and much of which I agree with).

Besides, wars are expensive. Aren't you a conservative? Who is going to be paying for this and what do you personally get out of it?

Is the responsible act to leave before Iraq can fend for itself and risk Iraq becoming one large terrorist state or to stay behind until Iraq is ready to take over the reins of national defense? I thought the whole point of the Afghanistan campaign (which Obama said was the "right war") was to prevent al-qaeda from plotting, training, and recruiting.
    Theocratic dictatorships are the most natural form of government for that part of the world. Have you ever been to an Islamic country before and observed the people there? Even in the more "moderate" ones, religion is a big part of their life. Most of these peoples were ruled by the Ottomans relatively happily until quite recently.

Be honest, this is your attempt to make American interests appear benevolent. It is true the Iraqis need some external governing authority, and I think for stability some kind of imperialist/colonial system is required long term, but that authority must be Muslim. American involvement in the region will always be resented for this reason.