User Tag List

Thread: Wills

MBTI
    yupp

Default Wills

ok so how do you put in your will, giving permission to the living to do whatever the fuck they want with your corpse so they don't get in trouble? including eating and sex. Can I put that in my will? I need to make friends with lawyers

I don't really want a funeral, I'll be dead. but the funeral won't be for me so I just need my will to be like "yo I'm dead, do what you will, peace"

I don't even like going to people I love funerals, except the food after kinda makes worth it.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I'd like to arrange a Tibetan Sky Burial for myself, but they probably aren't legal in the U.S.

NSFW
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Throw my body to the wolves like the great Diogenes!

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

I think you'll be limited at what can be done, as it would have to be in accordance with law. Might be something you could ask a lawyer.

As for me, when I die I want to be cremated, and have the resulting carbon left over, be put into palladium on carbon, so I may actually BE part of a chemical reaction. That would be awesome.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

As others have said, you are limited by legality.

On a related note, I was thinking about this recently while writing out a five wishes health proxy. What I think I want is to be cremated and have a tree planted in my ashes (they have kits for this), but upon further examination I found that they're like a couple hundred dollars for the container and seeds, and a lot of the options have you planting a non-native tree. In some cases ones considered invasive to my area. And, of course, there's no telling where I'll be living when I become dead, or where I will want to/ actually be buried/cremated/other.

...why is this turning into a 'share your own burial plans' thread?
    Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

"I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?

Johari Nohari

https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by captain curmudgeon View Post
    As others have said, you are limited by legality.

On a related note, I was thinking about this recently while writing out a five wishes health proxy. What I think I want is to be cremated and have a tree planted in my ashes (they have kits for this), but upon further examination I found that they're like a couple hundred dollars for the container and seeds, and a lot of the options have you planting a non-native tree. In some cases ones considered invasive to my area. And, of course, there's no telling where I'll be living when I become dead, or where I will want to/ actually be buried/cremated/other.

...why is this turning into a 'share your own burial plans' thread?
    I actually considered a write your own will thread, but the way this thread is going I don't think there's a need.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    ok so how do you put in your will, giving permission to the living to do whatever the fuck they want with your corpse so they don't get in trouble? including eating and sex. Can I put that in my will? I need to make friends with lawyers

I don't really want a funeral, I'll be dead. but the funeral won't be for me so I just need my will to be like "yo I'm dead, do what you will, peace"

I don't even like going to people I love funerals, except the food after kinda makes worth it.
    You can't put anything in your will that lets them violate the law. Sex and eating is out. You could put in your will for them to rob a bank and they're neither allowed nor obligated to do it just because you said to. A last will and testament is basically just doling out the contents of your estate, which your body is considered a part of once you die. And if you put in your will something that can't be lawfully carried out (again, going with the robbing of banks example), then your will is subject to legal challenges and the entire thing can be considered null and void, at which point your estate would be auctioned off or fought over in court by the relatives.

I'm too lazy to go to an actual legal site and find the regulations, particularly since they vary from state to state and even county to county, but from Wikipedia just to answer your question:

Many jurisdictions have enacted regulations relating to the disposal of human bodies. Although it may be entirely legal to bury a deceased family member, the law may restrict the locations in which this activity is allowed, in some cases expressly limiting burials to property controlled by specific, licensed institutions. Furthermore, in many places, failure to properly dispose of a body is a crime. In some places, it is also a crime to fail to report a death, and to fail to report the disposition of the body.
    EDIT: On the note of legal challenges to wills, there's already an inherent risk of your will being subject to legal challenges. For example, it can be challenged that you were of sound mind when you made the will, even if the legal witnesses and person who drafted the will said you were when you signed saying you were. So an actual reason would just make it glorified toilet paper.
    "Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away." -Ekaku Hakuin
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...psdunkqmep.png
    5w4 . IEI . Chaotic Good
    Right-Libertarian Minarchist

You would be surprised at what people put in their handwritten Wills. I do courthouse research and read Wills daily. One woman's will stated she left all her property to her daughter, leaving $10 to her husband so he could buy a bottle of wine for himself and his Mistress.

Quote Originally Posted by violett View Post
    One woman's will stated she left all her property to her daughter, leaving $10 to her husband so he could buy a bottle of wine for himself and his Mistress.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Yep, I read it and laughed too, then mentally high fived her!