123 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Default Political ideology, news media, and related discussion

@Noon

Re my post about looks, you clearly have no sense of humour. That post was obvious provocation on my part.

I stand by what I posted re politics as it takes no intellectual effort at all to be a liberal. All you need to do is regurgitate what you see/hear on TV, at university or from your peers. To get to the views I have requires conscious thought, you have to research, compare and reject the views in your environment. I should add that around 40% of nationalists are INTJs, if a poll on a large nationalist forum is representative.

Mod Edit: This thread has been split from this original.
    Last edited by Coriolis; 06-13-2014 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Thread split

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    Re my post about looks, you clearly have no sense of humour. That post was obvious provocation on my part.
    I didn't think so. I assumed you were serious and actually wanted feedback. It appears most saw it this way.

I stand by what I posted re politics as it takes no intellectual effort at all to be a liberal. All you need to do is regurgitate what you see/hear on TV, at university or from your peers. To get to the views I have requires conscious thought, you have to research, compare and reject the views in your environment.
    You can say the exact same thing about conservatives, libertarians, etc. Thought (or lack there of) is independent of political leaning.

I should add that around 40% of nationalists are INTJs, if a poll on a large nationalist forum is representative.
    While interesting, this is completely irrelevant.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Jesus Christ, the title of this thread was: "Would you date me yes or no". It is meant to be pretty light-hearted! Stop being so serious (this goes for everybody).

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    I didn't think so. I assumed you were serious and actually wanted feedback. It appears most saw it this way.
    Of course I want feedback. I do rate myself highly, but it isn't my fault that some people are incapable of detecting hyperbole.

You can say the exact same thing about conservatives, libertarians, etc. Thought (or lack there of) is independent of political leaning.
    Outside the mainstream, you are not exposed to sources which could aid you in forming your views, except in the occasional negative, derisive fashion.

While interesting, this is completely irrelevant.
    @Noon implied that INTJs are not inclined to nationalism. This isn't true.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Jesus Christ, the title of this thread was: "Would you date me yes or no". It is meant to be pretty light-hearted! Stop being so serious (this goes for everybody).

Of course I want feedback. I do rate myself highly, but it isn't my fault that some people are incapable of detecting hyperbole.

Outside the mainstream, you are not exposed to sources which could aid you in forming your views, except in the occasional negative, derisive fashion.

Noon implied that INTJs are not inclined to nationalism. This isn't true.
    No, but if the majority of the individual who comment have taken it seriously, then it's fair to think that the fault is not exclusively on them. Honestly when it comes to news media? Things outside of the mainstream tend to be less trustworthy. Less public eye, less they have to be accountable, and the mainstream media really doesn't have that much of a slant as a whole if you count everything. Individual news outlets, yes. Either way, it is unfair and wrong to say one particular political ideology requires less "thought". As far as INTJ's being inclined to nationalism? Just because you see many of them on a nationalistic forum, doesn't mean the type as a whole is more inclined to it. It could be, but the odds are low if you consider the population size of nationalistic individuals. It could be that ultimately there is a very small percentage of INTJ's identify it if you take the entire population of them. For that reason it really isn't accurate to say they're inclined, as such a small percentage of them do. Compared to other types, yes, but as an entire type, no.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

No, but if the majority of the individual who comment have taken it seriously, then it's fair to think that the fault is not exclusively on them.
    What I asked for is spelt out pretty clearly, and I have now clarified it again.

Honestly when it comes to news media? Things outside of the mainstream tend to be less trustworthy. Less public eye, less they have to be accountable, and the mainstream media really doesn't have that much of a slant as a whole if you count everything. Individual news outlets, yes. Either way, it is unfair and wrong to say one particular political ideology requires less "thought". As far as INTJ's being inclined to nationalism? Just because you see many of them on a nationalistic forum, doesn't mean the type as a whole is more inclined to it. It could be, but the odds are low if you consider the population size of nationalistic individuals. It could be that ultimately there is a very small percentage of INTJ's identify it if you take the entire population of them. For that reason it really isn't accurate to say they're inclined, as such a small percentage of them do. Compared to other types, yes, but as an entire type, no.
    Sorry, this isn't relevant to the thread. I am not going to continue this conversation here. There are other avenues.

I stand by what I posted re politics as it takes no intellectual effort at all to be a liberal.
    Where I come from, it takes the opposite of intellectual effort to be what you are.

I should add that around 40% of nationalists are INTJs, if a poll on a large nationalist forum is representative.
    Of course Stormfront Nazis want a Mastermind to go with their Master Race membership cards. They just see so much more than the brown masses and race traiting sheeple. They can't help it.

Did I mention our holocaust denier left an ENFP and came back an INTJ? He was feeling much more valiant.

Noon implied that INTJs are not inclined to nationalism. This isn't true.
    Noon relayed her impression that you as an individual seemed to focus on detail more than concept.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Of course most of stormfront are INTJ, it is rational to be racist.

Racism is not a final product or ideology. Racism was merely a means to an end. The United States cultivated the general public's suspicion of foreign invaders to dehumanize them and make the people see them as "different creatures" or "not like us," which in turn would unite the people against anyone of another nationality and instill loyalty to the state. The early days of America were fueled by reckless paranoia.

However, even after these methods of propaganda began to lose momentum, nativist groups dusted off all the old rhetoric from the war propaganda and decided to use it as the fundamental basis of their whole ideology. This preserved racism for years after xenophobic government war propaganda had fallen into disuse.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Noon View Post
    Of course Stormfront Nazis want a Mastermind to go with their Master Race membership cards. They just see so much more than the brown masses and race traiting sheeple. They can't help it.

Did I mention our holocaust denier left an ENFP and came back an INTJ? He was feeling much more valiant.
    So now you are insinuating that i am a previous banned user? Be very very careful....

Quote Originally Posted by Noon View Post
    Noon relayed her impression that you as an individual seemed to focus on detail more than concept.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ad.php?t=69896. Admit defeat.