User Tag List

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Default Nigerian Boko Haram Jihadists Don't Even Offer A Health Care Plan!!!

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbar...-plan-n1833742

"The kidnapping of hundreds of children by Boko Haram is an unconscionable crime, and we will do everything possible to support the Nigerian government to return these young women to their homes and to hold the perpetrators to justice,” Kerry said in a speech in Ethiopia.

“I will tell you, my friends, I have seen this scourge of terror across the planet, and so have you,” he continued. “They don't offer anything except violence. They don’t offer a health care plan, they don’t offer schools. They don't tell you how to build a nation, they don’t talk about how they will provide jobs. They just tell people, ‘You have to behave the way we tell you to,’ and they will punish you if you don’t."

Nation-building - such as in Iraq? Where Obama failed to leave an American presence to help stabilize that nation against Jihadists and the threat of minority sectarianism? Now just who declared, back in 2011, that Iraq is "safe, stable, and self reliant"? Oblama. Now look at it, President Oblama.

As for "providing jobs," a government that engages in "providing things" for its citizens is not being altruistic and charitable, it is forming a system of control over the populace. Because what the government gives it can then threaten to take away; and people are easily influenced by "free" things, but not by "Freedom" per se; they are persuaded by threats and promises regarding personal safety and security, and rarely if ever by simple morality and reason.

Morality and reason are attributes that are easily lost because they are so difficult to obtain and nurture. When governments begin to give you things, greed for more hand-outs replaces the morality of self-reliance. There is nothing wrong with charity, per se. But simple charity is at least controlled by natural principles such as cause and effect - if you give out more than you take in, you will perish. Governments seek to circumvent cause and effect by pretending to take on the role of omnipotent care-giver - and as a rule, omnipotent punisher. As a result, people are ruled by their animal instincts to avoid punishment and pursue self-gratification at the expense of freedom and morality - instead of being ruled by their own human reason and wisdom. The trick is then to blame human nature, to "blame the victim" - or as with the US, to blame "big corporations" for how they respond in a culture of 'charitable' oppression. Governments are then forced to become enforcers of morality due to alleged insufficiencies in human nature brought forth by governmental policies.

So in the long run, "You have to behave the way we tell you to" is the rule of both Jihadist organizations such as Boko Haram in Nigeria and of any government that seeks to control the populace through social welfare systems. The appearances between the two may be quite different, but the effects and motives are exactly the same.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Oh man this is a fucked up situation, but I laughed at this. I actually thought it was an Onion article.

Reminded me of this actually, http://www.theonion.com/articles/an-...g-child,10972/
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Furthermore, from the same article:

"The United States blew it. It needed to take a strong stand weeks ago. And where were all those people who make their livings saving the children of the world?"

The Oblama administration doesn't take a strong stand on things. Its "tactic" (for lack of a better word) has been to sit on its collective thumbs and ponder, not do.

But what has the Oblama administration been pondering all this time? It has been pondering a political response, a pragmatically determined response in a culture of great political diversity. It ponders a response designed to make everybody, if not happy, then at least satisfied that everybody received the response they deserved to hear. It is a response designed to placate, although it is always long in coming. It is a response which says, in its ponderously omnipotent government tone, perhaps with a few alligator tears or fake smiles whichever is deemed appropriate for the situation, "We, the Oblama administration, officially approve/disapprove of such-and-such actions for the following reasons..."

Heavy official statements such as these are not to be prepared over night. Much consideration is put into them. Or to put it a better way: much face-saving consideration is put into them.

It hasn't always been this way with the Oballama administration. At one time the Obaya administration was more action-oriented (although it was always more thought- than action-oriented). But since the Obamacare debacle, the administration has taken a more cautious stance on everything that comes across President Obalm's official presidential desk with its official presidential pens and official presidential family photos.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    Oh man this is a fucked up situation, but I laughed at this. I actually thought it was an Onion article.

Reminded me of this actually, http://www.theonion.com/articles/an-...g-child,10972/
    Yeah, sounds like Kerry's mindset.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

I want to offer another view here.

Has it occurred to anyone that the issue here has taken place in Nigeria, another country? If Americans could quickly land troops, shoot these Islamic idiots and then fly out again, there wouldn't be a problem. But that isn't a real possibility; you will end up maintaining a presence in the country and that is what the administration presumably wants to avoid happening, for political purposes.

Also, the people of a nation have responsibility for the affairs of their country, for their own destiny. Looking over your shoulder for someone else to help out doesn't say much.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    I want to offer another view here.

Has it occurred to anyone that the issue here has taken place in Nigeria, another country? If Americans could quickly land troops, shoot these Islamic idiots and then fly out again, there wouldn't be a problem. But that isn't a real possibility; you will end up maintaining a presence in the country and that is what the administration presumably wants to avoid happening, for political purposes.

Also, the people of a nation have responsibility for the affairs of their country, for their own destiny. Looking over your shoulder for someone else to help out doesn't say much.
    As far as we know, the girls have all been sold off into slavery. And who knows where the terrorists are hiding?