User Tag List

12311 Last

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Default Guns ARE equal rights.

I like this perspective and thought I'd share it with you all.

Old, young, infirm or strong as long as you can see and have a functioning arm and index finger you can be just as powerful as any would be rapist/murderer/robber etc. A gun is truly the great equalizer. Taking an active role in your well being instead of depending upon others is liberating. Can I get a hooyaah from a couple self perservation doms?

She has other good stuff and is very "subscription" worthy.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes asynartetic, The Wailing Specter liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

I agree with you, this is a really good point.

I disagree with concealed carry, which is overkill, and don't think I would feel much safer if I had a gun where I live. But if I lived in an area where crime was higher my perception would be a lot different. It wouldn't even have to be an automatic, just a gun that was quicker and less cumbersome than a bolt action rifle (pretty much all we are allowed). And as you point out, this provides the most leverage to people who can't would struggle to defend themselves physically, which anti gun bleeding hearts overlook.

The police simply cannot protect you from a determined, vengeful person and even less group of people.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

All I see is some white chick echoing what I've seen in like 5000 YouTube comments, so I don't really get the point of this video.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Likes bilbotook liked this post

Dear Americans, You won't listen to me so listen to your President who said just today you should follow in the footsteps of Australia who has had no gun massacres since banning guns in 1996.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Dear Americans, You won't listen to me so listen to your President who said just today you should follow in the footsteps of Australia who has had no gun massacres since banning guns in 1996.
    So they should completely disregard the current law there.

If you don't like the law, there is a process that exists for altering it. But don't just selectively ignore. The leader of the country has the greatest responsibility to obey in this sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    So they should completely disregard the current law there.

If you don't like the law, there is a process that exists for altering it. But don't just selectively ignore. The leader of the country has the greatest responsibility to obey in this sense.
    Banning guns in 1996 is one of the most popular decisions made by our democratic parliament.

It's plain to us that gun manufacturers with the National Rifle Association and a psychological pathology gives rise to continuing gun massacres in the USA.

And although the electric media broadcast each and every gun massacre to the world, the belief in American Exceptionalism enables Americans to maintain high self esteem in the face of clear and present horror.

You want us to take self defense advice from this guy?

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

I am not afraid of gun massacres in the least. This is just so much fear mongering.

The U.S. is not Australia and although it's easy to think that something that is/has worked for your country, could/should work for other countries, like the U.S., doing so over simplifies the true nature of societal problems.

But while we are suggesting applying one countries "solution" to another countries problems let's ask a Brit (where guns are very restricted) how that's working out for them Psst, here's a one word spoiler, "knives".

You are aware, I presume, that guns are Illegal in Mexico too right? They are currently experiencing about 15k narco related deaths per YEAR, which doesn't factor for you're "normal" rate of murder... Whatever normal is... Ok, that just sounded weird, going with it anyways.

I notice that you used the "...since 1996" as part of your comment. Dunblane school massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia At the time of the massacre, Australia's guns laws were stricter than the United Kingdom's. In lieu of the requirement in Britain that an applicant for permission to purchase a gun have a "good reason," Australia required a "genuine reason." Hunting and protecting crops from feral animals were genuine reasons—personal protection wasn't.

While you are using the metric "...no gun massacres since banning guns in 1996." implying that your country is consequently safer.

The reality is: In 2008, the Australian Institute of Criminology reported a decrease of 9% in homicides and a one-third decrease in armed robbery since the 1990s, but an increase of over 40% in assaults and 20% in sexual assaults. Australian Institute of Criminology - Australian crime : facts and figures 2008

Bummer dude, seriously. Just goes to show ya, stricter gun laws does not = safer society.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes MDP2525 liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

I like guns.

"I carry a gun, because I can't carry a cop."
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.
    Likes SpankyMcFly liked this post

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

My momma always said 'Weapons of any kind can be used against you in an attack as you are likely going to be more hesitant than them to use it due to your moral code of not harming other people, whereas they'll use that hesitation to obtain the weapon and turn it on you.'

She recommended keeping an old-fashioned, hard sugar cube in your coat jacket to put between your knuckles and lash out with: it cuts worse than a knife, leaves very distinct scars that are very painful and take a long-ass time to heal and if you drop it, it dissolves into powder making the obtaining of the 'weapon' by the other party that much harder.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”