User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    I pity people who feel the need to have guns. It seems like an atrociously paranoid and fearful way of life.

People who feel they need to have a gun to protect themselves from bogeymen would be better served my emigrating somewhere better.
    Tell that to my friend that was tied up by armed meth heads, or my friend who was burglarized with his pregnant wife sleeping next to him.

The problem in this country, is all the bad guys have guns too. And you can't fight fire with a squirt gun, gun pun intended.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.
    Likes SpankyMcFly liked this post

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I don't see the point in concealed carrying besides policemen off duty and undercover cops and such.

Otherwise. If it were up to me, it'd be wild west style here in Texas again. I think guns really were the great equalizer for a while--it didn't matter how strong, fast, cool you were, one bullet could change everything. War is forever changed due to them.

I think a lot of people that call for not having guns have every right to feel they're not necessary... but, coincidentally, those are usually the same people that want me to be very supportive and respectful of other peoples' lifestyle choices. And most of those people never HAD to rely on a gun to use to keep themselves safe before.. so they have no idea how naked you can end up feeling without one. It's funny how I have to always adjust my mode of thinking to accommodate others, but when they have their minds set on something it ain't movin' for no one.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by WhoCares View Post
    Okay so now this is closer to the real issue. A difference in idealogy rather than a difference in law.

Lethal force is okay to protect property vs destroying a knee cap with a bullet would do the trick. Is lethal force necessary to stop a rapist or would some lead in his testicles be sufficient? And this is why the gun debate rages on, the emotional response triggered by a threatening situation.

In my country (not saying its superior btw) if you were to permanently disable someone for trying to steal your property you would be on the wrong end of the law. Because it allows for the use of force necessary to render an attacker harmless or incapable of causing further harm. While dead certainly falls into that category, a court would be looking at the least level of force necessary to accomplish that goal.

The problem is, is someone in fight or flight mode in a capacity to clearly make that distinction and decision? I guess our laws say no, so they remove our ability to cause harm out of proportion to the threat. They've taken the stance that a few innocents sacrificed in the name of de-escalation is a better outcome to many non-innocents grievously harmed out of all proportion to the threat that they posed, and subsequently a lot of innocents ending up in jail as a result. Now the question really is.....

Is it better to sacrifice a few innocents or a lot of bad guys, knowing that sacrificing the bad guys will result in the criminalisation of the innocents who will likely have an over-reaction and do something they later regret? Interesting....So it's not so much about moral stances, its more about removing an object that becomes problematic when in the hands of a person in a highly emotional state. Although I highly doubt that much thought was ever given to the matter....in all honesty.
    These lawmakers who've determined that someone should aim for the knee caps have probably never even fired a gun, much less shot at a moving target. Throw into the mix adrenaline, fear for my safety and outrage at the situation...I'm aiming for the broad side of their body. Two to the chest and one in the head.
    Last edited by Bullet; 06-13-2014 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    Tell that to my friend that was tied up by armed meth heads, or my friend who was burglarized with his pregnant wife sleeping next to him.
    Sure, I would totally tell your friend to move.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Sure, I would totally tell your friend to move.
    I'll do ya one better, I'll tell 'em,

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    I'll do ya one better, I'll tell 'em,

<run away>

... from a crime-infested shithole by the sound of it, yeah.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

... from a crime-infested shithole by the sound of it, yeah.
    Nope, peaceful University town. Statistically low crime rate. Lower than the National average. Couldn't believe it happened. Both in housing close to campus. My parents, and virtually everyone I know have NEVER had their homes even remotely broken into. Myself included.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Mass killings are so fun to watch... but in all seriousness the Australian ban law is valid and should be taken seriously, but there is also the point that people have been creative in the ways they murdered others since the beginning the only up it will bring is that people would no longer die by something that looks like a dick, murdering someone with a bullet is subconsciously penetrating someone to the point that die from hard thrust/s and loss of blood. It's as if they are PMSing from their armpits, its the highest level of rape and rape isn't cool unless its Porky Pig raping Yosemite Sam.

But there is the fact that others that have guns illegally and will do anything to watch the world burn without an ideal cause outside of anarchy itself and perhaps out of self-defense it will be best for civilians to have them for self-protection. (I'm not talking about the pigs)

For anyone that lives in a country that has banned guns how are people not getting a hold on guns?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

I usually stay away from topics like these because I never want to touch a gun ever and I haven't really decided my stance on guns, but here's my $0.02.

I dunno. It's hard to say for me. Having a gun in my own house to keep myself and my family protected does sound nice, but at the same time if everyone had a gun in their home the perpetrators would just be that much more prepared for whatever they were planning on doing.

Also, this would mean that ANYONE would be able to access a gun. I'm already pretty paranoid myself, and the rate of mass shootings in America has been increasing iirc, so I'm not sure how comfortable I'd feel if I knew every citizen I pass by owns a gun. I'm already pretty suspicious of people around me for no reason (damn 6 wing) so giving all of these people a gun just puts me off. Not that the whole country has to cater to my feelings or whatever. But I mean if the Newtown shooter took guns from his mom then I dunno...it could create a lot of chaos. It's easy to conceal a shotgun in, say, a car. It just seems like enabling a bunch of other people to cause damage. And if these are exclusive to homes then there's no hope for people that didn't bring concealed handguns with them. But concealed handguns seems even worse, enabling more rapists, robbers, etc.

It's a big conundrum.
    @Amargith @SpankyMcFly @johnnyyukon @kyuuei @Southern Kross could someone provide insight please?
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so