User Tag List

First 101819202122 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    i don't have any opinion on whether guns should be legal because i think that's kind of an irrelevant question, what with the black market 'n whatnot.
    but i do have an opinion on who should be posting in this thread.
    more accurately, here is a list of people i think shouldn't be posting here:

1) people who've never cleaned a gun
    2) people who've never fired a gun
    3) people who've never undergone a government sanctioned firearm safety course

if there's even one of those things on this list that you've never done, you have no fucking idea what you're talking about.
    complete that list and you can talk. everyone on the goddamn planet has heard story after story and read numerous [necessarily] skewed statistics on guns and their societal effect, and no one is impressed with your actuarial knowledge on the topic.
    the fact of the matter is this: there are too many variables at play for those numbers to have any significant meaning. have you noticed that every news channel cites a different reason for the latest dumbass gun massacre? one station says it's mental insanity, the other blames video games. a third claims it's the mere existence of firearms. each assessment provably incorrect.

gun massacres happen for a reason, but there's not a living soul who knows why, because the assailants invariably kill themselves before the good guys show up.

i assure you, whatever you think you know based on watching the news is wrong. you're fucking clueless.

go out to the range and learn a thing or two. then make your decision.

not that it will work lol. these "open minded" liberals will never go to the range with a genuinely open mind. they would go simply to satisfy their credentials so they could carry on blasting normal people
    Good heavens, I have been trained by the Australian Army to use an assault rifle, and I have been trained in the tactics of a Rifle Company.

The purpose of the Australian Army is to defend Australian democracy, and we all voted to ban guns in civilian hands in 1996, and since then have had not one gun massacre.

And this is one of the most popular laws passed by our democratic Parliament.

By contrast American narcissism is expressed in civilian gun culture and in American drug culture.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Thank God for the Navy yard, a little bit of Oz in the heart of Washington DC.

The word has passed around, the Colt had got away with no regrets, in the Navy yard now thronged with kangaroos and wallabies, numbats, and platypus. And just as Oz is safe and gun free surrounded in our oceans with the American Fleet, so the marsupials of Oz, are safe in the yard in Washington, surrounded by the US Navy. But being nocturnal, they are keeping everyone awake, while gunshots echo through the neighbourhoods of the Capital.
    Washington Navy Yard shooting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I guess ignorance really is bliss.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Good heavens, I have been trained by the Australian Army to use an assault rifle, and I have been trained in the tactics of a Rifle Company.

The purpose of the Australian Army is to defend Australian democracy, and we all voted to ban guns in civilian hands in 1996, and since then have had not one gun massacre.

And this is one of the most popular laws passed by our democratic Parliament.

By contrast American narcissism is expressed in civilian gun culture and in American drug culture.
    yeah ok. and chicago has equally strict laws and yet it's like the murder capitol of the planet or something especially by firearms.
    QED your country's success in this endeavor is not proof of concept.
    feel free to stop repeating yourself. no one believed you 30 posts ago and they're not going to start now.

also, i don't believe you when you say you're trained. i think you're straight up lying.
    we fukin won boys
    Likes SpankyMcFly liked this post

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    question: Canada made it. Australia made it. What went so wrong with the US? And can we give it back to the English?

ps. ban those guns.
    There is a reason why this kind of thinking is FAIL. Biology > culture > ideology. Gun rights are ideology and in the U.S. an ideology based on our culture. Therefore different cultures = different ideologies.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    You seem to be confusing guns with bulletproof vests. Bullets don't magically stop other bullets
    You seem to be straw man'ing. Who said anything about stopping bullets?
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes asynartetic liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    I dunno. It's hard to say for me. Having a gun in my own house to keep myself and my family protected does sound nice, but at the same time if everyone had a gun in their home the perpetrators would just be that much more prepared for whatever they were planning on doing.
    Nah. The vast majority of criminals are cowards. You can see it over and over again in videos of armed citizens stopping armed robberies. They don't even fire back. They just run.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by SpankyMcFly View Post
    There is a reason why this kind of thinking is FAIL. Biology > culture > ideology. Gun rights are ideology and in the U.S. an ideology based on our culture. Therefore different cultures = different ideologies.
    Your initial premise is wrong, therefore everything after also is. Also, when did I write this, years ago??

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

question: Canada made it. Australia made it. What went so wrong with the US? And can we give it back to the English?

ps. ban those guns.
    Your initial premise is wrong, therefore everything after also is.
    This makes no sense. I am addressing your statement.

Yeah it was almost 2 years ago to the date Necro'ing my own thread.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

This makes no sense. I am addressing your statement.

Yeah it was almost 2 years ago to the date Necro'ing my own thread.
    YOUR premise. Not MINE. When you said biology > culture > ...etc...
    That's not a fact, it's an opinion. Therefore you can't take it for granted and build an hypothesis from there.

Also, I'm not even going to discuss this because it was something I felt 2 years ago and IDGF about it now.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

So I went to a jazz festival with my 2 daughters last week. We got there a little too early and they were still setting up so we went to a nearby plaza to check out some stuff. I came across this soldier.

I struck up a conversation with him by talking 'shop'. The Mexican military recently changed their main infantry fire arm and we talked about that briefly. Then I brought up a quote I'm fond of.

We went on to discuss gun rights and how the avg. Mexican could benefit from the right to bear arms. Good times. FTR he agreed