User Tag List

First 101819202122 Last

Results 191 to 200 of 295

  1. #191
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    i don't have any opinion on whether guns should be legal because i think that's kind of an irrelevant question, what with the black market 'n whatnot.
    but i do have an opinion on who should be posting in this thread.
    more accurately, here is a list of people i think shouldn't be posting here:

    1) people who've never cleaned a gun
    2) people who've never fired a gun
    3) people who've never undergone a government sanctioned firearm safety course

    if there's even one of those things on this list that you've never done, you have no fucking idea what you're talking about.
    complete that list and you can talk. everyone on the goddamn planet has heard story after story and read numerous [necessarily] skewed statistics on guns and their societal effect, and no one is impressed with your actuarial knowledge on the topic.
    the fact of the matter is this: there are too many variables at play for those numbers to have any significant meaning. have you noticed that every news channel cites a different reason for the latest dumbass gun massacre? one station says it's mental insanity, the other blames video games. a third claims it's the mere existence of firearms. each assessment provably incorrect.

    gun massacres happen for a reason, but there's not a living soul who knows why, because the assailants invariably kill themselves before the good guys show up.

    i assure you, whatever you think you know based on watching the news is wrong. you're fucking clueless.


    go out to the range and learn a thing or two. then make your decision.



    not that it will work lol. these "open minded" liberals will never go to the range with a genuinely open mind. they would go simply to satisfy their credentials so they could carry on blasting normal people
    Good heavens, I have been trained by the Australian Army to use an assault rifle, and I have been trained in the tactics of a Rifle Company.

    The purpose of the Australian Army is to defend Australian democracy, and we all voted to ban guns in civilian hands in 1996, and since then have had not one gun massacre.

    And this is one of the most popular laws passed by our democratic Parliament.

    By contrast American narcissism is expressed in civilian gun culture and in American drug culture.

  2. #192
    Sweet Ocean Cloud SD45T-2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp
    Posts
    2,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Thank God for the Navy yard, a little bit of Oz in the heart of Washington DC.

    The word has passed around, the Colt had got away with no regrets, in the Navy yard now thronged with kangaroos and wallabies, numbats, and platypus. And just as Oz is safe and gun free surrounded in our oceans with the American Fleet, so the marsupials of Oz, are safe in the yard in Washington, surrounded by the US Navy. But being nocturnal, they are keeping everyone awake, while gunshots echo through the neighbourhoods of the Capital.
    Washington Navy Yard shooting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    I guess ignorance really is bliss.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

    "I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

  3. #193
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Good heavens, I have been trained by the Australian Army to use an assault rifle, and I have been trained in the tactics of a Rifle Company.

    The purpose of the Australian Army is to defend Australian democracy, and we all voted to ban guns in civilian hands in 1996, and since then have had not one gun massacre.

    And this is one of the most popular laws passed by our democratic Parliament.

    By contrast American narcissism is expressed in civilian gun culture and in American drug culture.
    yeah ok. and chicago has equally strict laws and yet it's like the murder capitol of the planet or something especially by firearms.
    QED your country's success in this endeavor is not proof of concept.
    feel free to stop repeating yourself. no one believed you 30 posts ago and they're not going to start now.

    also, i don't believe you when you say you're trained. i think you're straight up lying.
    we fukin won boys
    Likes SpankyMcFly liked this post

  4. #194
    Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx
    Posts
    2,396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    question: Canada made it. Australia made it. What went so wrong with the US? And can we give it back to the English?

    ps. ban those guns.
    There is a reason why this kind of thinking is FAIL. Biology > culture > ideology. Gun rights are ideology and in the U.S. an ideology based on our culture. Therefore different cultures = different ideologies.

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    You seem to be confusing guns with bulletproof vests. Bullets don't magically stop other bullets
    You seem to be straw man'ing. Who said anything about stopping bullets?
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes asynartetic liked this post

  5. #195
    LL P. Stewie Beorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,805

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    I dunno. It's hard to say for me. Having a gun in my own house to keep myself and my family protected does sound nice, but at the same time if everyone had a gun in their home the perpetrators would just be that much more prepared for whatever they were planning on doing.
    Nah. The vast majority of criminals are cowards. You can see it over and over again in videos of armed citizens stopping armed robberies. They don't even fire back. They just run.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

  6. #196
    Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx
    Posts
    2,396
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

  7. #197
    Senior Member pinkgraffiti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so
    Posts
    1,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpankyMcFly View Post
    There is a reason why this kind of thinking is FAIL. Biology > culture > ideology. Gun rights are ideology and in the U.S. an ideology based on our culture. Therefore different cultures = different ideologies.
    Your initial premise is wrong, therefore everything after also is. Also, when did I write this, years ago??

  8. #198
    Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx
    Posts
    2,396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    question: Canada made it. Australia made it. What went so wrong with the US? And can we give it back to the English?

    ps. ban those guns.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankyMcFly View Post
    There is a reason why this kind of thinking is FAIL. Biology > culture > ideology. Gun rights are ideology and in the U.S. an ideology based on our culture. Therefore different cultures = different ideologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    Your initial premise is wrong, therefore everything after also is.
    This makes no sense. I am addressing your statement.

    Yeah it was almost 2 years ago to the date Necro'ing my own thread.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

  9. #199
    Senior Member pinkgraffiti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so
    Posts
    1,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpankyMcFly View Post
    This makes no sense. I am addressing your statement.

    Yeah it was almost 2 years ago to the date Necro'ing my own thread.
    YOUR premise. Not MINE. When you said biology > culture > ...etc...
    That's not a fact, it's an opinion. Therefore you can't take it for granted and build an hypothesis from there.

    Also, I'm not even going to discuss this because it was something I felt 2 years ago and IDGF about it now.

  10. #200
    Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx
    Posts
    2,396

    Default

    So I went to a jazz festival with my 2 daughters last week. We got there a little too early and they were still setting up so we went to a nearby plaza to check out some stuff. I came across this soldier.




    I struck up a conversation with him by talking 'shop'. The Mexican military recently changed their main infantry fire arm and we talked about that briefly. Then I brought up a quote I'm fond of.




    We went on to discuss gun rights and how the avg. Mexican could benefit from the right to bear arms. Good times. FTR he agreed
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-11-2013, 11:20 PM
  2. Women's equality: demanding equal rights without offering equal behavior since 1872
    By netzealot in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 262
    Last Post: 03-12-2013, 01:03 PM
  3. Te and Fe are always 'right'
    By PeaceBaby in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-23-2013, 06:26 AM
  4. The "Guns Are Evil" vs. "Guns Are Good" Thread
    By Oberon in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 526
    Last Post: 12-17-2009, 06:53 PM
  5. The "Guns Are Evil" vs. Thread
    By Oberon in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-19-2008, 10:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO