User Tag List

First 9171819202129 Last

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

no issue with guns, just the people that carry being a liability to me because they are always on edge about their life being threatend or some other irrational thing.

not everyone should have a gun, just like not just anyone should be a cop an, unionized government should taken away. it seems reasonable
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    And although USA gun culure is criminal in Australia and other civilized countries, the moderators support this thread although it leads to continuing and predictable gun masscres in the USA, to paranoia and intimidation in the USA.
    The moderators allow this thread to continue as part of the individual expression that forms the core of this forum. I admit I have seen no studies on this, but I would be very surprised had any of the perpetrators of gun massacres in the US ever visited our site. If they had, however, you would have been here to present the opposite point of view in your consistent and energetic fashion. (This is why we support your participation in gun threads, however much other members may disagree with your opinions.)

Indeed the President of the USA himself is opposed to gun culture, as are all civilized Americans.
    Well, if our President and civilized Americans oppose what you call gun culture, then either (1) we have nothing to worry about, since gun culture is the bastion of a small minority; or (2) you think that most Americans are uncivilized.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Default Paranoia, Preparation to Attack, and Gun Culture.

Of course USA gun culture does have an important national psychological function.

Gun culture creates a shared national paranoia.

Why is this important psychologically?

Paranoia is important psychologically because paranoia is psychological preparation to attack.

And to attack we need the means and the psychological disposition.

The USA has the means with effective global survaillance and the ability to klll anywhere on the globe without being killed, as with drones.

But how does the USA create the psychological disposition to attack?

The answer is effective an simple - paranoia through gun culture.

As paranoia is psychological preparation to attack.

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

"PoliceOne has scored a major scoop in police journalism by conducting a survey of more than 15,000 law enforcers regarding their thoughts on gun control in America."

A couple excerpts: (link at the bottom)

"And when it comes to finding ways to reduce gun violence and large scale shootings, most cops say a federal ban on so-called “assault weapons” isn’t the answer."

"More than 91 percent of respondents say it would either have no effect or a negative effect in reducing violent crime. This is an overwhelming response by those whose job it is to actually deal with this issue on the front lines."

"A full 86 percent feel that casualties would have been reduced or avoided in recent tragedies like Newtown and Aurora if a legally-armed citizen was present (casualties reduced: 80 percent; avoided altogether: 60 percent)."

The article: Police Gun Control Survey: Are legally-armed citizens the best solution to gun violence?

Same data but with purdy graphs: PoliceOne's Gun Control Survey: 11 key lessons from officers' perspectives

The survey: http://ddq74coujkv1i.cloudfront.net/...mmary_2013.pdf

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

Apparently it is now legal to carry a loaded concealed pistol in the Capital of the USA, the Capital of the Western world.

There are now legal armed gunmen on the streets of Washington DC.

This is bizarre when we consider the USA says it is the Exceptional Nation, the Light on the Hill, an example to us all.

Are we all supposed to carry loaded, concealed, guns with us wherever we go?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    huh

Guns are pretty neat. I don't personally enjoy the image of girls with em or pink coated weapons, but I guess that's what the plebs on my side of the debate need.

Apparently it is now legal to carry a loaded concealed pistol in the Capital of the USA, the Capital of the Western world.

There are now legal armed gunmen on the streets of Washington DC.

This is bizarre when we consider the USA says it is the Exceptional Nation, the Light on the Hill, an example to us all.

Are we all supposed to carry loaded, concealed, guns with us wherever we go?
    The Navy yard will still be "gun free." You can hang out there. I'm sure it's completely safe.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    huh

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    The Navy yard will still be "gun free." You can hang out there. I'm sure it's completely safe.
    Gunman-12-others-dead-in-DC-Navy-Yard-shooting-rampage.jpg

"Hey mister. You seen my ELF weapon yet?"

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    Thank God for the Navy yard, a little bit of Oz in the heart of Washington DC.

The word has passed around, the Colt had got away with no regrets, in the Navy yard now thronged with kangaroos and wallabies, numbats, and platypus. And just as Oz is safe and gun free surrounded in our oceans with the American Fleet, so the marsupials of Oz, are safe in the yard in Washington, surrounded by the US Navy. But being nocturnal, they are keeping everyone awake, while gunshots echo through the neighbourhoods of the Capital.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

i don't have any opinion on whether guns should be legal because i think that's kind of an irrelevant question, what with the black market 'n whatnot.
    but i do have an opinion on who should be posting in this thread.
    more accurately, here is a list of people i think shouldn't be posting here:

1) people who've never cleaned a gun
    2) people who've never fired a gun
    3) people who've never undergone a government sanctioned firearm safety course

if there's even one of those things on this list that you've never done, you have no fucking idea what you're talking about.
    complete that list and you can talk. everyone on the goddamn planet has heard story after story and read numerous [necessarily] skewed statistics on guns and their societal effect, and no one is impressed with your actuarial knowledge on the topic.
    the fact of the matter is this: there are too many variables at play for those numbers to have any significant meaning. have you noticed that every news channel cites a different reason for the latest dumbass gun massacre? one station says it's mental insanity, the other blames video games. a third claims it's the mere existence of firearms. each assessment provably incorrect.

gun massacres happen for a reason, but there's not a living soul who knows why, because the assailants invariably kill themselves before the good guys show up.

i assure you, whatever you think you know based on watching the news is wrong. you're fucking clueless.

go out to the range and learn a thing or two. then make your decision.

not that it will work lol. these "open minded" liberals will never go to the range with a genuinely open mind. they would go simply to satisfy their credentials so they could carry on blasting normal people
    we fukin won boys